eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/)
-   -   How to tell if the person in India won't scam you? Click Here! :) (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/55607-how-tell-if-person-india-wont-scam-you-click-here.html)

GhostWhoWalks 01-21-2013 12:24 AM

How to tell if the person in India won't scam you? Click Here! :)

Alright guys most of you dealt with China and other countries, sent money and got ZERO in return sending that money Western Union!

Here is a way to find out if the person in India you are dealing with is legit or not.

http://dgft.delhi.nic.in:8100/dgft/IecPrint

They require a "Export Licence Number" to ship things out of the country. To check on them go to the link below. You would require the name of the person and their "IEC" number "Export Licence Number" and their name also. Whatever contact information they provide will show up once you put it in the search. It will give you their phone number, cell number, website, email, contact person, and what field of business they are in. So once you can confirm from this, it's very good! I wish China had something like that.

In my case my friends business name was the 3 letters. This is what it shows you.

IEC : *********
IEC Allotment Date : **.**.****
File Number : **/**/***/*****/****/ (just numbers here)
File Date : **.**.****
IEC : ********* (numbers only)
Party Name and Address : (company name goes here or their name)
(address goes here)
MUMBAI ,MAHARASHTRA
PIN-******
Phone No :
e_mail : *****@******.com
Exporter Type : 1 Merchant Exporter
Date of Establishment : 15.4.**
BIN (PAN+Extension) : *************** ****
PAN ISSUE DATE :
PAN ISSUED BY : I.T.O.
Nature Of Concern : 4 Proprietorship
Banker Detail :
A/C Type:1 CA
A/C No :

Directors: (here will be the names of everyone who owns the company).

"Also most of you can go check the registry of the website at register.com under who is to find out how long the website has been in business for. Better to deal with someone who has registered more then 12 months ago. Also go to Google and type in their business name + the word "scams" or "scam" at times put in their phone number and email address to see if anything pops up. Those are some ways of being sure that you will not get scammed."

I have a friend in India who does things for me from time to time and he told me and explained it too me. :)

Hopefully this puts a smile on your face! But does anyone know if China have anything like this? I got scammed out of ipods, but I got them, but they were JUNK!

zoneout 01-21-2013 02:12 AM

No dont know about China business database. I have just tried googling them in the past for any info I could find. Of course it helps that they speak English in India. Those Chinese websites dont always do to well on Google translate :laugh:

zoneout 01-21-2013 02:15 AM

BTW, I have the opposite problem. I am trying to sell into India not import. Seems with a billion people and predominantly english speaking I would have by some chance made 1 sale there over the past 10 years. Whats up with that? I have sold more into Uzbekistan! Seriously. I think these fair-trade deals made by our governments is a total bull****t. :ballchain:

DoubleA 01-21-2013 02:19 AM

Well Thank You!!

GhostWhoWalks 01-21-2013 11:09 AM

Zoneout - Every company I had emailed in India speak English! And you are suppose to buy from them to sell in US!

DoubleA - Ya welcome! lol.

bruceuk 01-21-2013 11:19 AM

Good find.
But the corruption levels in india are sky high so im sure they have a work around for this one also.

rsot 01-21-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruceuk (Post 412740)
Good find.
But the corruption levels in india are sky high so im sure they have a work around for this one also.

Very true sadly.

GhostWhoWalks 01-21-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruceuk (Post 412740)
Good find.

It's still better then nothing!

And to have that registered they need to go to the GOV and show ID and all the paper work and documents!

So you know you are dealing with a real person not someone from Western Union out of Africa saying "I got robbed, and they took my wallet and I got no ID and it's a friend of mine sending me money!" <--- BS routine!

Me and a friend did this once to see if it works. And WU gave up the money! As long as he had the code, name, and all the info.

bruceuk 01-21-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostWhoWalks (Post 412813)
It's still better then nothing!

And to have that registered they need to go to the GOV and show ID and all the paper work and documents!

So you know you are dealing with a real person not someone from Western Union out of Africa saying "I got robbed, and they took my wallet and I got no ID and it's a friend of mine sending me money!" <--- BS routine!

Me and a friend did this once to see if it works. And WU gave up the money! As long as he had the code, name, and all the info.

Yes exactly its better than nothing .
But when you bear in mind you can buy an official government document in india for a few hundred pounds it takes the shine off things.
But ... lets hope the majority of users on this system are legit .

GhostWhoWalks 01-21-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruceuk (Post 412823)
Yes exactly its better than nothing .
But when you bear in mind you can buy an official government document in india for a few hundred pounds it takes the shine off things.
But ... lets hope the majority of users on this system are legit .

Well that is where brains come in on top of it!

You do a search online for the website on google "their website + scam" to see if it's out there or not.

Also check out who really owns the website, and how long it's been registered, do a phone number search on google to see if anyone posted anything about it.

Those should answer any doubts you might have!

DHB123 01-21-2013 04:44 PM

I do a lot of business in India. Have a lot of contacts, and my own shipping out of Mumbai. There are a lot of ways around government regulations. If it can be bought in India, I can buy it, and ship it. But yeah, you have to know what your doing...

GhostWhoWalks 01-21-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHB123 (Post 412870)
I do a lot of business in India. Have a lot of contacts, and my own shipping out of Mumbai. There are a lot of ways around government regulations. If it can be bought in India, I can buy it, and ship it. But yeah, you have to know what your doing...

I mean if I had to go on just plain info and believe their word, vs this. I would rather have this.

Yeah India is cheap and all, and you can buy anything in this world with the money. But I don't think someone would play around and spend $100's just to have someone spend $200 really.

I mean if you go for high items like Ipods, laptops, ipads, or whatever they got these days, you are sure likely not to get the originals and most likely to get scammed for sure.

asterix040173 01-24-2013 03:30 AM

For me its even easier...
Afer got scammed of 700 GBP as i have send the money by western union, I purchase from china and india stock only with paypal payement.
I will not risk again .
I find now a few good supplier like sunsky-online.com That i use regularly.
At the end of the day, all we need to remember is if its to nice to be true it must be a scam! (which it is 99.9% of the time)

rsot 01-24-2013 11:19 AM