eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/)
-   -   DHgate- is everything branded ⊗⊗⊗⊗? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/60669-dhgate-everything-branded-fake.html)

geg1700 06-03-2013 06:22 AM

DHgate- is everything branded ⊗⊗⊗⊗?

Hi everyone,

I am a gold VIP buyer on DHgate and have spent a lot of time doing research etc and finding the right products that sell well.

My question is: is everything branded 100% ⊗⊗⊗⊗ on DHgate. The reason i ask is that i have recently purchased a small test order of chinese branded tablets. I have checked the sellers address and it is located extremely close to the original manufacturer's address. The seller assures me in bad English that they are genuine and not replicas.

Everything on the box etc matches the original product etc...

Have tried contacting the manufacturer using their website and referred to this sellers company name etc but have had no response yet.

Has anyone else actually found verified branded products that are legit on DHgate?

Thanks very much

tmastermind 06-03-2013 09:37 AM

in short....No

Anything you know as a legit brand is typically copied in China...they are the masters of replication but a replication is what it is.

Don't necessarily put DHGate on the back burner tho I use them often as the goods are cheap and have good profit margins but the quality can be an issue so it is a case of trying to find a handful of buyers that have reasonable or semi reasonable quality that would at least match the value you sell it for whilst still maintaining a good profit for yourself.

Having said that I always buy products that are non branded...this saves alot of issues time and legal ramifications... buying branded known or well known on DHGate is just going down a dodgy path. I say this because:

1. You risk bad feedback by buyers who recognise the bad quality of the brand or know its a phake
2. You risk seizure of goods by customs = loss of money
3. you risk legal intervention and even possible prosecution

In case of your tablets, you can be cheap unbranded tablets that do the same and android is a free to use openware platform (correct me if I'm wrong) so buying these in shouldn't cause an issue unless you start having a "Dell" or "Toshiba" logo on them

ass11078 06-03-2013 09:57 AM

Dhgate is one of my main source. Great quality if you find the right seller and build a rerelationship.

rsot 06-03-2013 03:14 PM

Nicely stated tmastermind about unbranded items - have bought a few random gifts for people - quality has been good - but the branded tend to be always counterfeits

jeffweico 06-03-2013 11:23 PM

Anything in terms of a well-known brand is almost certainly a counterfeit. There are some Chinese brands that are legitimate, but they are not well known in the USA. And the unbranded items are OK.

Be VERY CAREFUL about what you buy. The US Government (and from what I hear, the UK government as well) is cracking down more and more on sellers of counterfeit goods. If you get caught, you will - at a minimum - have your merchandise confiscated. If you are caught with a large amount, you could be sued by the brand owner, and could even end up in jail. That would be an extreme case, but it DOES happen.

teedon 06-06-2013 03:40 AM

To be frankly,there are 50% items are genuine products in that site,not all items are replilas.

For long term concerns,you have to find a genuine item to sell.Such as clothers garment,everybody need to wear everyday .Even you can not sell all but you still can use it for yourself or your friends.

BiN4RY 06-07-2013 09:23 PM

To be fair, use your common sense when buying. If the price is too good to be true, then it is too good to be true.

Most major branded products are NOT cheaper in china, and even if it is, it's bit going to be substantially lower.

rsot 06-09-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 456332)
To be fair, use your common sense when buying. If the price is too good to be true, then it is too good to be true.

So your saying the iPhone and iPad I bought from the site at less than 30% street value are not real? I am sad :mad2:

Krypto 06-09-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 456705)
So your saying the iPhone and iPad I bought from the site at less than 30% street value are not real? I am sad :mad2:

No, not necessarily, but yes there is a high possibility that they are not real. But one has to make the distinction between something that is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or counterfeit and something that is a clone. Some of you would say that there is no difference between the two, but in my opinion there is. Something that is cloned usually is of fairly good quality but you have to buy with caution because sometimes the description from such websites are not always clear.

GreenBean 06-09-2013 11:41 AM

Caveat emptor

Let the buyer beware of using any site to obtain goods.

stanislav 06-09-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

I am a gold VIP buyer on DHgate and have spent a lot of time doing research etc and finding the right products that sell well.
And then go goes to ask if DHGATE sells genuine items or not. Who are you trying to fool? Certainly NOT US!

geg1700 06-09-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanislav (Post 456794)
And then go goes to ask if DHGATE sells genuine items or not. Who are you trying to fool? Certainly NOT US!

i have found good and bad products. you have to experiment......

jeffweico 06-09-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krypto (Post 456713)
No, not necessarily, but yes there is a high possibility that they are not real. But one has to make the distinction between something that is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or counterfeit and something that is a clone. Some of you would say that there is no difference between the two, but in my opinion there is. Something that is cloned usually is of fairly good quality but you have to buy with caution because sometimes the description from such websites are not always clear.

From a legal standpoint (and no, I am not an attorney) here in the USA, it makes no difference if the item is a clone or not. The clone may be of higher QUALITY, but it is STILL a counterfeit. ANYTHING not manufactured by the brand owner (or under license from the brand owner) is a counterfeit in the eyes of the law. In fact, the better the quality, the more likely they are to throw the book at you if you are caught.

I have seen sellers mention things like 1:1 copy, supposedly meaning exact. And a few years ago I bought a couple of phake Rolex watches (not to re-sell, just for myself) and I noticed the quality varied WIDELY, from unable to tell the difference, to complete junk. I compared them to my father's Rolex, which was real. The real Rolex watches are HEAVY and most of the phakes were not. There were other differences as well.

teedon 06-10-2013 05:52 AM

There is one big wholesale market for phake watches in guang zhou,there are tons of branded watches and there are many different quality for even 1 watch same model.

I have dealed with them a few times,i think i can give some advise about it.The phake one is not heavy,and the looking is very same as original.And the gift box is very same as well but the user manual will be very thin ,not like original .

But if you use it over 2 years or more time,there will be some problems for some watches,i mean the quailty is not stable like original ones.

rsot 06-10-2013 08:50 AM

Time for a trip to Guang Zhou and see how it really is - that's for sure.

teedon 06-10-2013 09:04 AM

Hi,rsot,just come. Welcome you

there are many kinds of professional wholesale markets in guang zhou, like toy market,gifts markets,shoes market,IT market,phones markets,electric market,leather bags markets.......

rsot 06-11-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedon (Post 456994)
Hi,rsot,just come. Welcome you

there are many kinds of professional wholesale markets in guang zhou, like toy market,gifts markets,shoes market,IT market,phones markets,electric market,leather bags markets.......

Wonderful teedon :) letting you know by PM my plans when set - thank you

djsunny 06-20-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 457427)
Wonderful teedon :) letting you know by PM my plans when set - thank you

Rsot before you had of to guangzhou you can drop me a message as I been there twice and I will tell you what to watch out for.

jeffweico 06-20-2013 08:04 PM

I would LOVE to see China. Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. I'd probably go way overboard on spending, though.

Dmshark25 06-20-2013 09:34 PM

All u have to do is go to Canal street in NY lol!

rsot 06-24-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsunny (Post 460585)
Rsot before you had of to guangzhou you can drop me a message as I been there twice and I will tell you what to watch out for.

Awesome - thanks djsunny!

djsunny 06-24-2013 12:46 PM

No problem buddy