eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/)
-   -   Buying things on Alibaba (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/6974-buying-things-alibaba.html)

longjohn 09-07-2008 09:30 PM

Buying things on Alibaba

Hi guys. Me and my mate trying to do wholesale, buy stuff from Alibaba and sell it on eBay.

Basically problem, we contact suppliers and ask them how much for 100 pcs or whatever is the minimum, they tell us each piece would cost this much, and that much is the price they retail for, that is, you could go on eBay and buy it cheaper there...

How to talk to those people? I'm trying to buy things so that I could make money and sell.

aspkin 09-08-2008 02:41 AM

You need to find some Chinese contacts, that's all I'm going to say.

DogFacedBoy 09-08-2008 02:55 PM

Alibaba?????

Here We Go Again 09-08-2008 03:24 PM

longjohn 09-08-2008 03:49 PM

I'd pay to get some good proven and working contacts! Because what if I get screwed over.

digitaliz 09-08-2008 05:43 PM

Until you find some decent contacts, the best place to look is DHgate, they offer a escrow service so if somebody tries to scam you, you can get your money back from DHgate.

Quasi_Mojo 09-08-2008 06:06 PM

moloko 08-10-2010 07:52 AM

I think the best place is alibaba because you will NEVER find factories in dhgate. Never. You need factory for most profits. If you know some questions to ask and want to build relationship with seller, you can make money from alibaba. I am doing that.

slapped 08-10-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moloko (Post 157113)
I think the best place is alibaba because you will NEVER find factories in dhgate. Never. You need factory for most profits. If you know some questions to ask and want to build relationship with seller, you can make money from alibaba. I am doing that.

Be careful with Alibaba, There are some GREAT Suppliers there, But it is also the Ultimate "Smoke and Mirrors" site, As for factories on DHGate, You are Wrong about that, there ARE Several VERY Reputable MANUFACTURES on DhGate.

rsot 08-10-2010 11:03 AM

Wow way to break out the old post ha.

moloko 08-10-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapped (Post 157141)
Be careful with Alibaba, There are some GREAT Suppliers there, But it is also the Ultimate "Smoke and Mirrors" site, As for factories on DHGate, You are Wrong about that, there ARE Several VERY Reputable MANUFACTURES on DhGate.

It depends what you want to resell, only about that. Tell me how you know that in dhgate you are dealing with factory? Factories never sell at low quantities. I personaly found very great factories in alibaba and used dhgate only one time, because the prices is much higher.

The main thing in the business is to go as near to the source.

slapped 08-10-2010 02:50 PM

In the USA You Need a Licence of SOME to Manufacture almost Everything, In China you Need what translates to a "Certificate", ALL Busisness in China Need one, and a Companies Certificate CLEARLY Illustrates what ba Particular Company does, whether it be a Manufacturer, Wholesaler, (Trading Company), or a Nail Salon. On DHGate there are VERY few Companies that have a Certificate, but they ARE There. This Means 1 of 2 Things for the Vast Majority of Sellers there, They are Individuals, Or a Semi-legit Trading Company selling Replicas of some Branded item(s) and want to remain somewhat "Stealth"

moloko 08-11-2010 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapped (Post 157221)
In the USA You Need a Licence of SOME to Manufacture almost Everything, In China you Need what translates to a "Certificate", ALL Busisness in China Need one, and a Companies Certificate CLEARLY Illustrates what ba Particular Company does, whether it be a Manufacturer, Wholesaler, (Trading Company), or a Nail Salon. On DHGate there are VERY few Companies that have a Certificate, but they ARE There. This Means 1 of 2 Things for the Vast Majority of Sellers there, They are Individuals, Or a Semi-legit Trading Company selling Replicas of some Branded item(s) and want to remain somewhat "Stealth"

Dhgate is not the same like alibaba, it is created on ebay platform. I never saw low prices such as alibaba, but quentities starts from 500-1000 sometimes more. I dont want to talk about too much. You are doing business, so this is good. Thats all. But if you want real business, you must go direct to the source, this is all about. Real factories dont go in places like dhgate most of the time.

How can you check the authentisity of the certificate from china suppllier?

Burning 08-11-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moloko (Post 157394)
Dhgate is not the same like alibaba, it is created on ebay platform. I never saw low prices such as alibaba, but quentities starts from 500-1000 sometimes more. I dont want to talk about too much. You are doing business, so this is good. Thats all. But if you want real business, you must go direct to the source, this is all about. Real factories dont go in places like dhgate most of the time.

How can you check the authentisity of the certificate from china suppllier?

I would suggest people to try golabal source. You can EASILY find factories there. There are four levels of verification in order to verify if they are a factory...

slapped 08-11-2010 12:16 PM

I Agree that DHGate is Not the Same Platform as Alibaba, I Personally do Know of several Manufactures that sell thru DHGate as well as Many of the other "China Wholesale" Sites such as Alibaba, Aliexpress, Tradetang, Made in China, ect,ect, I Personally have Relationships with Several Chinese manufactures going back to Long before The Existance of sites like this, I was Merely pointing out that ther are a FEW Manufactures selling items on DHGate, and using there Goverment issued Certificate to Identify them.

As for Validating these Certificates, A Company Simply Displaying one is ALMOST Proof of Validity, given the Penalities the Chinese Goverment Issues for Misrepresenting a Certificate, (there is No Such thing as "A Fine, or Probation" in China).

If you are Truly interested in Chinese Commerce, you can find a WEALTH of information by Joining the USCCC, There you can Learn a Lot More than simply Verifing the Validity of a Chinese Corporations Certificates. The website will Identify all of China's Major Corporations, as Well as the Pulse of the Global Economy, US and Chinese Laws that affect Commerce, Enforcement activities, and Much, Much More, I hope that this Site proves as Useful and Serves other forum Members Here as it has to me.

US-China Chamber of Commerce

moloko 08-11-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapped (Post 157496)
I Agree that DHGate is Not the Same Platform as Alibaba, I Personally do Know of several Manufactures that sell thru DHGate as well as Many of the other "China Wholesale" Sites such as Alibaba, Aliexpress, Tradetang, Made in China, ect,ect, I Personally have Relationships with Several Chinese manufactures going back to Long before The Existance of sites like this, I was Merely pointing out that ther are a FEW Manufactures selling items on DHGate, and using there Goverment issued Certificate to Identify them.

As for Validating these Certificates, A Company Simply Displaying one is ALMOST Proof of Validity, given the Penalities the Chinese Goverment Issues for Misrepresenting a Certificate, (there is No Such thing as "A Fine, or Probation" in China).

If you are Truly interested in Chinese Commerce, you can find a WEALTH of information by Joining the USCCC, There you can Learn a Lot More than simply Verifing the Validity of a Chinese Corporations Certificates. The website will Identify all of China's Major Corporations, as Well as the Pulse of the Global Economy, US and Chinese Laws that affect Commerce, Enforcement activities, and Much, Much More, I hope that this Site proves as Useful and Serves other forum Members Here as it has to me.

US-China Chamber of Commerce

Thank you. I find one forum maybe 6 months ago. And there was one member which check the company for 40$, I dont remember the price, but it was so low. He drives directly and check. I think this will solve everything.

I order a sample and never loose, if the company is not legit and want to scam I loose maybe some $, not a big problem. But most of the time after hard work it is almost imposible to choose bad factorie.

holo 06-02-2012 06:42 AM

Hi all here, I have to agree to Moloko. Alibaba is the the site where you can find pretty good info and factory contacts. I have done it myself. I'm still making profit.

But the most important thing is to have a manufacturer that can basically make the item cost as small as you can't imagine. To achieve best profit rate.

that's my 5cents.

moneyhustler88 06-07-2012 03:53 PM

hasnt this been discussed about a million times in wholesale? lol

levi6482 06-19-2012 01:58 AM

I buy from dhgate because paypal covers my money. I have been in contact with a supplier on alibaba & he doesnt use paypal. he said he uses alipay or something. Can anyone help me out on this as i dont want to get scammed. Is there a good way of paying through alibaba??

slapped 06-19-2012 09:38 PM

Did you ever hear the story of Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves,,,?,,,such a story truly exists,,look it up,,

moneyhustler88 06-20-2012 05:04 AM

wow..whats golabel?

Sandy D 06-29-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapped (Post 352039)
Did you ever hear the story of Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves,,,?,,,such a story truly exists,,look it up,,

ROFLMAO Slapped.