Sending Money to China Sellers - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 04-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Sending Money to China Sellers

I used to feel the same way about ebay, so I know exactly what you mean! HAHA ebay easily cost me a million dollars in lost sales last year for reasons beyond understand. It boils my blood for them to tell me, "We encourage you to work with other ebay sellers and supply them, but we are not going to reinstate your account at this time. Please call every thirty days"
I stopped calling a couple months ago after Zoey explained that someone linked my account to a limited account from 2005

So basically I trust no one at all at any time these days

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-17-2014 at 08:33 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

Paypal will show you down because you send the payment to china by paypal?

I do not think so ,if you do the legal business and you buy the genuine items from china,how come paypal will show you down?

Paypal can make a lot of money from china,they have no way to give up this big big fish.Of cource they may feel pain for many deals due to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items sometimes,but this is not the reason they will give up this market,because there are much more legal business being involved in paypal

Last edited by teedon; 05-20-2014 at 05:19 AM.
Old 05-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Just keep separate PP's for buying and selling so it doesnt look like you are using sale money to buy products....PP can interpret that badly
Old 05-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 66%

Personally I don't buy overseas anymore. But I always paid via Western Union. PayPal was always a problem for both them and me. I would always start off with a small sample order, then build up trust. If they delivered, I would increase my orders. Dealing with overseas actually any supplier is risky. I got burned for more money starting up 10 years ago when I was 16 from a scammer in the U.S. Than I ever did overseas. But you live and learn. I have paid x2 more products just to make sure things were legit and up to quality on small orders. You have to make sure that they know you are in this to make money and you want to help make them money. My success = $ in your pocket. That is how I have always handled business.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
yankee (05-22-2014)
Old 05-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
. I got burned for more money starting up 10 years ago when I was 16 from a scammer in the U.S. Than I ever did overseas. But you live and learn. I have paid x2 more products just to make sure things were legit and up to quality on small orders. You have to make sure that they know you are in this to make money and you want to help make them money. My success = $ in your pocket. That is how I have always handled business.
Spot on vogeltron!
Old 05-22-2014

Longevity: 57%

yankee: your ppal account which is on excellent terms with the ppal staff...is it a stealth account?

i use halifax debit card to pay for items from china. the only thing i dont like is halifax charge me a percentage of what i spend. this is usually around £50. I dont know if a credit card has fees for overseas payment though as ive never owned a CC?

Last edited by GreenBean; 07-03-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern_Lad View Post
yankee: your ppal account which is on excellent terms with the ppal staff...is it a stealth account?
Well that depends of your definition of stealth. It is an business account with its own entity separate from mine name or SS, etc... You are not going to be able to do this without confirming tax info at a minimum.
Old 05-22-2014

Longevity: 57%

I have no intention of replicating your intimate relationship with paypal.

I was just curious :-)
Old 05-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Well that depends of your definition of stealth. It is an business account with its own entity separate from mine name or SS, etc... You are not going to be able to do this without confirming tax info at a minimum.
Personally I had to do the same thing on my main account. Go through the whole EIN and everything else to get back a few years back. I still got stealth's on the side don't get me wrong. But no way in hell would I risk my PayPal with my Tax ID that I basically make a living with sending payments to people in China or Elsewhere. Honestly, I prefer not to send payments to suppliers in the U.S. I got one guy who is always like PP me the money. I am always telling him heck no and do the money order thing with an express package.

I am assuming at some point along the line you lost your original PP to limitation. Nothing is worth rocking the boat when you got a solid program going.
Old 05-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post

I am assuming at some point along the line you lost your original PP to limitation. Nothing is worth rocking the boat when you got a solid program going.
No. My original decade plus old paypal is used daily to this day. Mostly instant transfers these days and some affiliate payments each month come in and some large dollar wholesale payments still come in monthly. I do not use it on ebay or any selling platform. Basically I use to to transfer money instantly. I also have some very old financial products on it that I use to keep my credit activity high along with my credit score.

I personally never have had a single issue with paypal to this day. Maybe tomorrow, haha and it will be painless if it did happen.
Old 05-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
No. My original decade plus old paypal is used daily to this day. Mostly instant transfers these days and some affiliate payments each month come in and some large dollar wholesale payments still come in monthly. I do not use it on ebay or any selling platform. Basically I use to to transfer money instantly. I also have some very old financial products on it that I use to keep my credit activity high along with my credit score.

I personally never have had a single issue with paypal to this day. Maybe tomorrow, haha and it will be painless if it did happen.
That goes for both of my personal SS paypal accounts. Neither have risk or effect my unique tax situation and they day they do I will not use either of them.
Old 05-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
That goes for both of my personal SS paypal accounts. Neither have risk or effect my unique tax situation and they day they do I will not use either of them.
I agree. Like I said before with my Legit EIN PayPal. I never send payments to anyone else. It is not worth the risk. Especially sending money overseas. You can get flagged for anything and compromise you account. Assuming you receive payments a great deal using PayPal. No way in a million years would I even risk such a thing. To each their own. I lost my personal PayPal back in 2007. Once you go through that traumatic experience even when you think you are careful, you would never do something so careless again. Especially understanding how PP works.
Old 06-22-2014

i use paypal.. I send with my cc. extra layer of protection. I have had one issue in 3 + years of multiple orders. got bunch of defects on an order, when I tried to return the seller told me to pound sand. call my cc company, said it was a purchase to china, cc charged back to paypal and paypal shut down the sellers paypal.
Old 06-23-2014

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwrestmania View Post
So ive been using my paypal to send money for a few years now to my distributors abroad...but i want to discontinue that because i heard its risky and paypal could shut you down..

Is there another way i could send money to them, using AMEX?

I stopped ordering from China by the time shipping cost were added I could get it for the same price in Jersey.
Old 06-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2005 View Post
i use paypal.. I send with my cc. extra layer of protection. I have had one issue in 3 + years of multiple orders. got bunch of defects on an order, when I tried to return the seller told me to pound sand. call my cc company, said it was a purchase to china, cc charged back to paypal and paypal shut down the sellers paypal.
Smart move with the cc coverage - I prefer using cc when possible for all needs ...especially oversea stuff
Old 06-30-2014

Longevity: 65%

I have recently used the Post office website to make international payments to my supplier and found this way to be easiest and cheapest way yet, I am not sure that I would have any type of cover if anything goes wrong so I would not use it unless I didn't trust my supplier 100%.
Old 12-16-2014

Longevity: 54%

Def don't use gift card with a new seller
Even with paypal you can still lose money
They don't cover return shipping if you do win a case
Old 12-16-2014

Longevity: 54%

Use a credit card or bank card.