eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/)
-   -   Sending Money to China Sellers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/72376-sending-money-china-sellers.html)

vwrestmania 04-11-2014 08:26 AM

Sending Money to China Sellers

So ive been using my paypal to send money for a few years now to my distributors abroad...but i want to discontinue that because i heard its risky and paypal could shut you down..

Is there another way i could send money to them, using AMEX?

rsot 04-11-2014 09:48 AM

Re: Sending Money to China Sellers

Do they accept Amex as payment? They would need a cc processor service

vwrestmania 04-11-2014 01:09 PM

They dont...

fogdryer 04-13-2014 03:49 PM

why would using pp for overseas dist. be an issue.......? I have done it-----no problrm.
usually they ask me for cc, which is just fine.......no problems after 2 yrs.........

Bunneh 04-13-2014 04:44 PM

how do you pay them in paypal? is it an invoice or do you use the 'send money' button?

BigCJ 04-13-2014 07:02 PM

This is why you should have an account for buying specifically.

Bad practice to do both on one account.

vwrestmania 04-13-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 545107)
how do you pay them in paypal? is it an invoice or do you use the 'send money' button?

yes i just use the send money...

i think going fwd i am going to be using western union with a Visa card.

rsot 04-14-2014 11:52 AM

One Visa card right? Not gift card

vwrestmania 04-14-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 545306)
One Visa card right? Not gift card

yes actual gift card

Bunneh 04-14-2014 08:39 PM

You have no security against theft on this method.. At least with PayPal your seller knows he can't run away with your money.

You really need to think more carefully about this...

rsot 04-15-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwrestmania (Post 545316)
yes actual gift card

Gift card wont give you protection like a real credit card would.

Dazzler87 04-15-2014 01:08 PM

I'm close to agreeing a deal with a seller I've never bought from before, they accept all kind of payments methods and after looking into there company they look pretty legit, but still you can never be sure, I've not got to the stage of paying yet but it's close and i know if I use paypal they split the fee with buyer, any advice on what payment method I should use, seller is from china and total I will be sending them is close to £1500,

yankee 04-15-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCJ (Post 545131)
This is why you should have an account for buying specifically.

Bad practice to do both on one account.

Why a bad practice? Please elaborate with your exact meaning and/or experience.

fogdryer 04-15-2014 08:24 PM

I agree..............

rsot 04-16-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 545571)
Why a bad practice? Please elaborate with your exact meaning and/or experience.

You never want to have all your eggs in one basket - if you buy and sell from China on the same pp...PP COULD think of this as dropshipping (one example out of a few)...looks rough

yankee 04-16-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 545859)
You never want to have all your eggs in one basket - if you buy and sell from China on the same pp...PP COULD think of this as dropshipping (one example out of a few)...looks rough

Interesting.

My largest volume paypal account handles tens of thousands of transactions in sales and also sends several $10,000(now maximum payment allowed) payments monthly via instant bank transfer and paypal payments to my china companies. Paypal has never had an issue with it. This is not a "Stealth" account and at the same time is not my personal account, but an EIN business account.

Starting July 1st, every china payment will be made with a different paypal account in various amounts. This is to make sure large dollar amounts are not sitting in one paypal account at any time and also to move money out of smaller paypal accounts without attaching a bank account to each one.

How does this future plan sound? Thanks in advance for anyone's input!
Thanks for the input rsot!

vwrestmania 04-16-2014 09:08 PM

how about using Western Union and pay with a real Visa Credit card. This way you dont have paypal involved and you still have the Visa credit card protection?

Callidus 04-17-2014 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 545914)
Interesting.

My largest volume paypal account handles tens of thousands of transactions in sales and also sends several $10,000(now maximum payment allowed) payments monthly via instant bank transfer and paypal payments to my china companies. Paypal has never had an issue with it. This is not a "Stealth" account and at the same time is not my personal account, but an EIN business account.

Starting July 1st, every china payment will be made with a different paypal account in various amounts. This is to make sure large dollar amounts are not sitting in one paypal account at any time and also to move money out of smaller paypal accounts without attaching a bank account to each one.

In the early days of learning stealth and the days when I knew nothing about multiple accounts, I used to send money to China for stock and sell on the same account.....god did I lose a lot of accounts!

rsot 04-17-2014 05:52 AM

Quote:

Interesting.

Different pp accounts is a decent idea - spread the risk

GreenBean 04-17-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Interesting.

You know how there are oils and oils?

There are paypal accounts & paypal accounts too ;)

A correctly established paypal account that has earned the trust of paypal can operate IN THE MANNER intended as a business account.

If such business involves overseas transactions, paypal actually can accept that.

Piecemeal sellers on a low scale run into the hassles. Putting all eggs in once basket becomes risky.
:peace:

yankee 04-17-2014 07:45 PM

I have a great relationship with paypal. It is hard for me to grasp other peoples issues. I get credited for international high dollar cases that ebay wrongfully refunds and I gift tens of thousands a dollars a month through this account with paypals knowledge and understanding, even international.

I truly believe that paypal can be a great asset and friend, far more than ebay under the right situations. I have large lines of credit with them as well. In my situation they are a partner. I am on a first name basis with most people in paypal business call centers in UT and AZ and even send flowers on birthdays and special evens such as birth of a child.

That being said other accounts I personally do not manage and are younger and non EIN, Paypal regularly holds funds for 180 days. I believe much of this is directly related to the account holders credit score.

GreenBean 04-17-2014 07:49 PM

@yankee

Absolutely agree.

Successful use of paypal is in the hands of the user.

But that friend you describe fondly can turn around and damage you.

In all fairness to your business endeavors, you need to be aware of paypal's duplicity.

And they do that damn well.

:mad: