eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/)
-   -   Where to get a security tag remover (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/77755-where-get-security-tag-remover.html)

acreech41311 09-25-2014 09:13 AM

Where to get a security tag remover

I am in need of a security tag remover, one that will work on different types of tags. I bought a wholesale lot of clothing from an online closeout place, problem is they never mentioned that some of the items have security tags on them still. Out of 150 pieces I have about 30 with tags on them, the worst part is they are different brands and have different tags, the majority of them have these long plastic tags but there are some that have these round plastic disks and a couple that have a shorter version of the long style tags.

I tried using a pair of wire cutters on one sweater that had the round plastic disk style since it had a little wiggle room and I did eventually break it apart but I also tore a hole in the sweater in the process. I don't want to ruin anymore inventory if I can help it.

Does anyone know a retail supply site where I can buy some sort of remover that will work on multiple kinds of tags? I looked on ebay but all I found was a gun style remover that I think works with the longer style tags but Im not sure since it says its for sensormatic and I cant find any brand name on these tags.

ilcarletto 09-25-2014 09:25 AM

Re: Where to get a security tag remover

have a look in youtube or google for help.

Like this one:

Quickly Remove a Store Security Tag

:thumb:

acreech41311 09-25-2014 09:43 AM

Thanks! I don't know why I didn't think of just finding a powerful magnet since that's basically all the removers are. I will head down to the hardware store later and see if I cant find a heavy duty magnet.

ilcarletto 09-25-2014 09:51 AM

A magnet coming from an Hard Drive will work fine... really powerfull magnet there.

RetroRedneck 09-25-2014 10:27 AM

There's some vids on YT re DIY tag removal.

rsot 09-27-2014 07:49 AM

...group trip to department stores...:eek: :FF:

RetroRedneck 09-28-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 592112)
...group trip to department stores...:eek: :FF:

Sounds good. Think I'll...tag along! :rolleyes:

Cooldeals28 12-16-2014 08:06 PM

Don't forget small flashlights that blind the security cameras on your trip to dept store

jeffweico 12-16-2014 08:24 PM

Just Google "retail store supplies" or sensormatic and you should find plenty of removers. The one problem I see is that you may need a remover for every different type of tag. They are NOT usually interchangeable, so a remover made for a sensormatic tag will not work of another tag.

Most retail shops only use one type of tag. You might also take into account the fact that it might look AWFULLY SUSPICIOUS that you would want to buy several different security tag removers. You can explain why you need them, but I'm not sure if they will buy it or not.

Those plastic tags are going away anyhow. They are being replaced by the stick on and RFID tags that are now being sold. Some RFID tags are even being built into articles of clothing so that they cannot be removed.