eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/)
-   -   When to restock inventory? Tips/Suggestions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/77770-when-restock-inventory-tips-suggestions.html)

lightmaria 09-25-2014 02:09 PM

When to restock inventory? Tips/Suggestions

Whens the best time to restock inventory? I usually wait till almost all my products are sold and then buy more cause I am scared of having too much in stock at once just in case the market dries up and I'm not getting sales/price drops.

So there is usually like 3-4 days where I don't have anything to sell. Am i being to paranoid and I should just keep buying as soon as one inventory comes in, I buy another and risk having more in stock? I am selling generic iphone 4 cases and I am scared market will die abruptly due to newer phones. Any tips/suggestions will be helpful thanks.

An0nym0u$ 09-25-2014 02:15 PM

Re: When to restock inventory? Tips/Suggestions

I always have things lying around I can sell.

Now is a good time to overstock your inventory in preparation for the Holiday rush. These upcoming months will help pay off for the months where there were less activity/sales due to the Summer.

CCJay 09-25-2014 02:18 PM

Well you should know your market by now and approx sales. Also if you only selling one type of product/version then of course they will dry up as trends move on.

Most sellers can get stock in about a week so you should always have 2-3 weeks incase something happens like dhl customs at the moment. (see shipping talk)

Play 09-25-2014 03:03 PM

What your doing is playing the ball safe. No problem what so ever. I do this myself. Its definitely the safer option, though can catch you out at times like now when as CCJay said, DHL is having issues. So dont over buy stock, dont under buy, just enough to keep you rolling... If you need help calculating how much that is, get a pen and paper and analyse your daily/weekly sales

turtleman000 09-25-2014 04:04 PM

If your selling iphone 4 cases best bet to cash in and stock up on the iphone 6 cases before everyone start seeling them, you want be overstock with current cosumer needs.

Play 09-25-2014 04:48 PM

selling phone cases and screen protectors I find to be such a pain if you consider how saturated the market place is and the fact that people are making peanuts per sale. You need to sell these in huge volume to make any profit. My advice would be look into another product. Another reason why, top rated sellers tend to be on top with the phone cases etc., I always buy from them knowing that I will get my item next day for 99p...

rsot 09-27-2014 07:50 AM

Depending on how fast you sell, restock at around 10-20% stock remaining levels

just_smile 09-27-2014 08:03 AM

The answer depends on many factors such as price/profit/ease of access to your stock/speed of turnover/demand and cash flow. This list is not inclusive :violin:

My advice is run your business how you feel comfortable

:pry:

oompaloompa 09-28-2014 01:26 PM

4 cases are still popular, as people buy second had ones and parents give them to their kids when they upgrade, people still need cases for existing ones too as they wear out quick or are high fashion.....

xShevaa7x 10-02-2014 02:59 PM

I agree with what Play said. If you can estimate how much you need ahead of time it can help you a lot. I would suggest having stock for 2 weeks in advance always.

rsot 10-05-2014 07:41 AM

@lightmaria, decision has been made?

aking 12-31-2014 12:28 AM

haha this is a good question, as i sit here out of inventory waiting on my next shipment to arrive. Next time I will order a bit earlier to keep me going. Hey, you live and you learn! :)

vogeltron 12-31-2014 05:06 AM

Depends on the product. I am a sucker for good deals. I will literally buy something in mass quantity that I know will take me two years to sell out of. If the profit is there I take it. I am 10 years in to the eBay game now. Knock on wood. My pops always told me what his first boss said to him. You can't sell when the shelves are empty.

I will say things with technology change to fast. I try to avoid those type of products.

rsot 12-31-2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogeltron (Post 625842)
Depends on the product. I am a sucker for good deals. I will literally buy something in mass quantity that I know will take me two years to sell out of. If the profit is there I take it. I am 10 years in to the eBay game now. Knock on wood. My pops always told me what his first boss said to him. You can't sell when the shelves are empty.

I will say things with technology change to fast. I try to avoid those type of products.

Hook me up vogeltron :FF: