What to sell? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 11-23-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default What to sell?

I have heard people saying they sell around $500 per day on ebay, but they forgot to say what they are selling and where they get all items from.

Any idea what can be sold quick and where to get cheap prices??
D
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

I don tthink anyone would really tell you what they're selling because that would create competition for them, which i dont think anyone wants as there is more than enough competition out there. You can start small, especially since its the holiday season, look for hot items on the market and take advantage of those. I hope this helps
Old 11-23-2008

Longevity: 93%
Send a message via AIM to Throb-n-Rod

Have to find your Nich I have sold everything. once you know what you want to sell you can better find a source have it made yourself if you have the money or Source it through a light bulk wholesaler with a tax id number. I like to just look arround like that saying "sometimes you dont find it, it finds you" That is so true I can look arround any night and see sellers making money selling somthing I have seen or know where to find thats how you can start if you dont allready have a nich. I like things I can buy in bulk by the box, case, pallet, etc that way you can take good pics and make a good photoshop auction for it and automate it (Automated Income Rules) once you have more than one ebay account it is nice to have several of them automated that you dont have to baby sit and work with every day.
Old 11-23-2008
Banned

Longevity: 89%

i like how nobody says what they are selling, just beating around the bush
Old 11-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon1984 View Post
i like how nobody says what they are selling, just beating around the bush
lol ... would you like to share with us what you sell?
Old 11-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

No one in their right mind will tell anyone what they are selling.
VERO items are illegal. We all know that. So why admit to something illegal.
As for the folks selling NON-VERO items....
My would someone tell what they are selling so that they would then have MORE competitors?

No matter which side of the coin a person is selling from they will not tell what they are selling or where they get their stuff.
People spend YEARS looking for just the right item that sells for a top dollar that they can get for a LOW dollar.

This information is a guarded secret that is held by all sellers.
No matter if you were my best friend I still would not tell you my suppliers names and prices, let along what items I sell.
Old 11-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 91%

lol no one is going to say what they sell, but good try, lol
Old 11-24-2008

You have to research on your own. Find a supplier. See how much profit you will make when its all said and done. Also look at will it sell. Just because you have a good profit potential, there might be alot of competition or not many people are looking to buy it.
Old 11-24-2008

I'll admit it...Diamonds to Dump trucks! I sell for other people who can't be bothered. I also teach and charge less than the local college for ebay classes. Once they experience it for themselves they get fed up and ask me to list for them. Works out well for me. For me I sell junk from thrift shops flea markets and second hand stores. Build a trust with them and they actually hold stuff for you before it hits the sales floor. I pay more but I make a huge profit. I learned to stay away from Vero items. Had many accounts suspended but I have many ways around that now....thanks to this forum and Auctiva.
Old 12-05-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Yeah, no offense OP, but it is rather lazy, and presumptuous to expect for people to provide you with something extremely valuable, in this case information, that has only been attainable by incredible amounts of hard work, time, and experience.
My advice to you? Go onto ebay, or wherever, choose a category, see what sells well, consistently, figure out the average sales price over a period of time. Take into consideration the FB scores of the sellers. Then, start researching where you can buy that item wholesale, in bulk and get to it. Sound far more simple that it actually is, and don't even get me started on the time this will consume. But really, this is the only way you are going to find your niche. Of course there will be some items you simply can't find a supplier for, for whatever reason, but keep at it and you will find something. The internet is an invaluable resource of unlimited information.
BTW, once you think you have found a supplier, don't buy a ton of stuff at once, even if their prices seem incredible. Because how much do you ever really know about someone you are buying from online? Usually far less than you think. Take a chance, buy a bit, then if they prove to be trustworthy and their product is what you had hoped for, keep doing business with them.
Good luck. Hard work, determination, and maybe a little bit of luck can take you a long way in this crazy business we are in.
Old 12-05-2008

Longevity: 94%

I sell soiled underwear. Pretty good sellers - give it a go OP.
Old 12-05-2008

"Giggity Giggity".......
Old 12-05-2008

I remember back a couple years ago, people did sell worn thongs and panties on ebay. Final auctions went for like 30 bucks.
Old 12-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy View Post
I remember back a couple years ago, people did sell worn thongs and panties on ebay. Final auctions went for like 30 bucks.
thats just nasty.... lol
Old 12-05-2008

Default selling for others

I have been selling on eBay for about 4 years but in the last year I have had at least a dozen small local retailers ask me if I would list and sell some of their inventory. I am a big believer in opportunities that fall in your lap. Is there anyone out there that is doing this? I would love to hear how they are doing it. I can call on local retailers and get the business but I don't know exactly how to charge and what services to offer. For example, how much of the selling process do you do? How do you base your fee? Who pays the listing fees? Do you handle the payments? How do you handle complaints or returns? Can you make enough doing this to make it worth your time? My business is kind of in limbo right now until I can come up with something new to sell. I was selling upper end designer jeans and eBay has basically shut out the small seller in this market. My real dream is to get a successful website of my own. Has anyone done that while selling items for other retailers? What problems might I encounter? I would appreciate any input about this idea that I can get. Obviously I am not going to be any competition for other Forum members unless they live in my area and want to do what I am suggesting. Any thoughts?
Old 12-05-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

SOILED UNDERWEAR???!!

I sell adult baby clothes.
Old 12-05-2008

Remember the guy that sold Madonna's used hotel sheets? He poured tuna fish oil from a can on a fitted sheet and put that up for auction and got busted? And the team of very large women living in a trailer who bought all the used underwear from thrift shops and second hand stores and made tons of money? They did a 20/20 episode on those two. Then you have the well worn cheerleaders gym socks.....it's a sick world out there but if you sell it they will cum.....literally.
Old 12-06-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
He poured tuna fish oil from a can on a fitted sheet and put that up for auction and got busted?
People may laugh at this but back in the wild west days of ebay 1997-1999 I met a 22 yo woman that had her own website selling her photo/movie cd's and unmentionables. I met her when she dropped by my place to pay for what she won from me on ebay. We got to talking and that is exactly what she did. Tuna fish oil squeezed from the can onto unmentionables wrapped in an airtight baggie. She was getting $15 to $30 a pop on ebay for them.

As to "can you tell me the high profit/low risk/high reward items to sell" Reminds me of the guy asking for the combination to my safe.

Spend 3 hours of your time researching ebay and you will find dozens of things to sell.

Cheers,

HOE

Last edited by HairyOldEbayer; 12-06-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
Remember the guy that sold Madonna's used hotel sheets? He poured tuna fish oil from a can on a fitted sheet and put that up for auction and got busted? And the team of very large women living in a trailer who bought all the used underwear from thrift shops and second hand stores and made tons of money? They did a 20/20 episode on those two. Then you have the well worn cheerleaders gym socks.....it's a sick world out there but if you sell it they will cum.....literally.

people who want to buy that stuff, deserve tuna oil in a sheet, although they obviously havent been near a real live woman, as you could sleep on a bed for 100 years and it still wouldnt smell like THAT!
Old 12-06-2008

Well a desperate perv who would consider buying tuna flavored sheets obviously couldn't get near a real women to begin with!

« - | iPhone help »