eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/)
-   -   What do you specialize in or sell? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/dropshipping-wholesale-suppliers/85159-what-do-you-specialize-sell.html)

jboone733 04-26-2015 06:32 PM

What do you specialize in or sell?

I specialize in drop shipping office supplies (ink and whatnot) myself, pest control products (actually good money), and the occasional whatever is lying around. Just curious what everyone else spends there time working with? :thumb:

sln531 04-26-2015 07:59 PM

Re: What do you specialize in or sell?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jboone733 (Post 663422)
I specialize in drop shipping office supplies (ink and whatnot) myself, pest control products (actually good money), and the occasional whatever is lying around. Just curious what everyone else spends there time working with? :thumb:

Well Years ago I used to sell cell phone related products because there is a huge markup for this type of category but everybody has their own little niche.

GreenBean 04-26-2015 08:03 PM

Second hand carpets from Ubekistan.

Postage stamps from Mongolia.

Near out of date nuclear war heads from Vladisvostock.

Shipping costs are darn high.

No longer do body parts. Too hard to describe.

:ranger:

jeffweico 04-26-2015 08:03 PM

My biggest niche is books - rare and out of print. I also sell some commodity items, just in niches that I am able to find. Everything from Medical to Apparel to Toys. And I am always on the lookout for good deals on closeouts, shelf-pulls or whatever.

The key, for me, is having the available funds to purchase good deals when they come along. I mostly use my savings for this, but I also have a bank line of credit, although I rarely use it.

jboone733 04-26-2015 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 663477)
My biggest niche is books - rare and out of print. I also sell some commodity items, just in niches that I am able to find. Everything from Medical to Apparel to Toys. And I am always on the lookout for good deals on closeouts, shelf-pulls or whatever.

The key, for me, is having the available funds to purchase good deals when they come along. I mostly use my savings for this, but I also have a bank line of credit, although I rarely use it.

I started out doing that. I found its easier to use my Discover IT or Quicksilver card. Then pay off balances with my regular checking. With the cash back I can use on statements it actually builds up quickly with 1% and 1.5%. Someday when I get excellent credit Ill get the Amex 2% back card. Ha who knows when that will be though..

yankee 04-26-2015 08:50 PM

There is a ton of these threads from over the years.

Socks with holes and dirty diapers are commonalities with these threads.

jboone733 04-26-2015 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 663476)
Second hand carpets from Ubekistan.

Postage stamps from Mongolia.

Near out of date nuclear war heads from Vladisvostock.

Shipping costs are darn high.

No longer do body parts. Too hard to describe.

:ranger:

Probably find a niche market with the body parts on craigslist. In a galaxy far far away when I first got the internet I was cruising around a found a site where you could buy animals and poisonous snakes from other countries. You could buy Koalas and monkeys. It was a discount site as well.. I wonder if I could have drop shipped??

MM78 04-26-2015 09:34 PM

I specialize in difficult to find animals, here's one of the ones I sell out of quickly:
http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...ma_610x343.jpg

sln531 04-26-2015 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 663524)
I specialize in difficult to find animals, here's one of the ones I sell out of quickly:
http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...ma_610x343.jpg

lmao I'm dying laughing over here

jboone733 04-26-2015 11:04 PM

Thats one hell of a supplier you must have.

jeffweico 04-26-2015 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jboone733 (Post 663509)
I started out doing that. I found its easier to use my Discover IT or Quicksilver card. Then pay off balances with my regular checking. With the cash back I can use on statements it actually builds up quickly with 1% and 1.5%. Someday when I get excellent credit Ill get the Amex 2% back card. Ha who knows when that will be though..

Cashback is great, but only if you pay the balance off before interest starts accruing - usually within 30 days, but on some cards interest accrues from the date of purchase - so be careful.

I use my rewards cards when I can. But usually with books I pay cash to people and when it comes to closeouts, most wholesalers prefer wire transfers.

jboone733 04-28-2015 08:42 PM

I have never carried a balance personally. I just enjoy the perks and working on establishing credit.

I love the idea of selling rare books. Ive thought about starting a small store with etsy to sell vintage items myself. One of their most successful sellers only sells those. I saw a set of glass door knobs go for over $200. We have several of the same ones (maybe older) seems like it would be fun with thrifting and garage sales.

SilentHill 04-28-2015 08:53 PM

I specialize in gun powder, Ropes, Machete's, and baby powder, dog pampers, water guns, lamps, car ornamets, permanet markers , light bulbs, water bottles, hookahs, rare cigarette boxes, tables, couches, bicycles , socks, blankets, male enhancement etc.

elmo 04-28-2015 11:41 PM

I've been selling DINO DNA through amazon fba. So far no issues.

mat_tz 06-12-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 663542)
Cashback is great, but only if you pay the balance off before interest starts accruing - usually within 30 days, but on some cards interest accrues from the date of purchase - so be careful.

I use my rewards cards when I can. But usually with books I pay cash to people and when it comes to closeouts, most wholesalers prefer wire transfers.

I generally prefer to stick with Paypal for purchasing my stock. Would the benefits of a cc (cash back) go into effect if paying through pp with that cc?