Can eBay Link You if you Register as a Business with Same Personal Info - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-12-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default Can eBay Link You if you Register as a Business with Same Personal Info

I am wondering if eBay has access to your business information or if there is any way to link you if you Register a Business. And then created a new eBay, Paypal, Bank Account and maybe evn IP address.

The Business would still have all your real information though of course, including the address and phone number used on your suspended account.

Or actually to my understanding if you are an LLC, that's a completely separate entity in itself. But sole proprietorship a different story?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-12-2016

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 50%
Default Re: Can eBay Link You if you Register as a Business with Same Personal Info

As far as I know this is fine because you really only show them your EIN number and they get no information about you from that.
Old 10-12-2016
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Can eBay Link You if you Register as a Business with Same Personal Info

The EIN number. Is that for both sole proprietorship or only if I incorporate as a company?

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-12-2016

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fice View Post
The EIN number. Is that for both sole proprietorship or only if I incorporate as a company?

Thanks in advance!
In my state I can get 1 EIN for myself and 1 for each LLC that I own but no more. Some other members on this forum have claimed to be able to get unlimited personal EINs but I don't think you can. I have called the IRS and was told that an LLC could only have 1 EIN.
Old 10-12-2016

Longevity: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emporium View Post
In my state I can get 1 EIN for myself and 1 for each LLC that I own but no more. Some other members on this forum have claimed to be able to get unlimited personal EINs but I don't think you can. I have called the IRS and was told that an LLC could only have 1 EIN.
I dont think that person advised you correctly, I have several EINs under the same info. If you ever get thru, the IRS people are pretty good, but I suspect this isn't correct.
Old 10-12-2016
Threadstarter  

I am actually in Canada, which doesn't have LLC. We only sole proprietorship and corporation. Do you know if you get an EIN number for that?

And I might as well throw it in there. I been using a family member's eBay account. Do you think if I upgrade the eBay account to a business account and provide the business number to them; they would find out about the changes in personal detail?

I guess I am sort of doing an ownership transfer. At least in the eyes of the tax agency.
Old 10-12-2016

Longevity: 44%

You can register unlimited LLCs / corporations, as long as you pay the filing fees and minimum taxes associated with each entity each year.
Old 10-12-2016

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
I am wondering if eBay has access to your business information or if there is any way to link you if you Register a Business. And then created a new eBay, Paypal, Bank Account and maybe evn IP address.

The Business would still have all your real information though of course, including the address and phone number used on your suspended account.

Or actually to my understanding if you are an LLC, that's a completely separate entity in itself. But sole proprietorship a different story?
to my belief, you still provide ebay with the name of the account holder, phone, address etc besides to business name. it will be considered new entity but if they try really hard, they can link the matching information.
Old 10-12-2016
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the response. If I understand correctly, you are saying that I will still provide my personal information along with the business name and number.

When I try to update my eBay account to a business, it ask for a Business Number. Now I am wondering if I provide a business number that is owned by me, but leave the account information as my brothers. Would that be sufficient to put the tax responsibilities on to me rather than him?

Also, would this be a way to set up eBay Stealth and pay taxes for it? It might a bit different for US and Canada citizens though as I understand in the US, paypal sends your information to the IRS if the 200/20000 limit is reach. But in Canada it's eBay that does that.
Old 10-13-2016

Longevity: 58%

this is a really tricky situation. never heard that ebay has anything to do with taxes, this does not make sense. almost all the time, it is a finnancial institution like paypal. you may want to clarify your info. until then i tdont think anyioone caan advise you on anything.
if i may guess, best option for you is just opening a new business account.
Old 10-14-2016
Threadstarter  

Difficult because account has 1000 feedback with 10k listings which took thousands of hours to get on there.
Old 10-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Difficult because account has 1000 feedback with 10k listings which took thousands of hours to get on there.
Just an FYI, A lot of people have lost accounts with similar investments.
Old 10-15-2016

Longevity: 48%

One big question i have is this,

when its time to enter the tax info into paypal, and i have an LLC

will paypal ask only for EIN number, will they ask for personal name?

thanks