eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Listing on New Accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/101145-listing-new-accounts.html)

Fice 11-16-2016 04:52 AM

Listing on New Accounts

I know you are supposedly supposed to wait 1-2 weeks before listing and list slowly. But I have tried listing on the first day before and scaling rather quickly. Have not experience any issues with this and I think it's odd that eBay would give you trouble for this as long as you are not doing anything wrong.

After all there is even an eBay message in your inbox encouraging you to list some stuff for sale.

just_smile 11-16-2016 04:53 AM

Re: Listing on New Accounts

It's paypal that will give you issues.

New accounts taking alot of money is a big flag for them.

tbpatel2 11-16-2016 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just_smile (Post 812267)
It's paypal that will give you issues.

New accounts taking alot of money is a big flag for them.

If you're willing and able to provide TaxID + EIN from a new LLC or have a legitmate SSN available for that account - you should be able to circumvent that issue correct?

ShowMeDude 11-16-2016 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbpatel2 (Post 812359)
If you're willing and able to provide TaxID + EIN from a new LLC or have a legitmate SSN available for that account - you should be able to circumvent that issue correct?

No you will have problems regardless if you are a 100% genuine account selling 100% items you can provide invoices and receipts for.

Its not normal for someone to join eBay and instantly begin selling a lot, as most people have a learning curve where they just need to learn how to list an item, so when someone signs up on a new account and comes out the gates blazing with listings and sales, they know you've been on eBay before and get skeptical.

Take it slow, slowly build your account up over the first 90 days then gradually grow it more and more.

Fice 11-16-2016 03:41 PM

So it's ok to list but not sell...

access0ner 11-16-2016 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbpatel2 (Post 812359)

You would need both for TAXID + EIN. They are now also asking for the last FOUR digits of the SSN of the individual with the TAXID + EIN.

Dead ends everywehre , I know.

How about using a Merchant Account.

MM78 11-16-2016 05:50 PM

What part of "Go slow" doesn't make sense? people always complaining they have a ton of merchandise and want to sell a Million Dollars worth right away.....start slow, then increase the number of items and so on....simple as that!

slokor 11-16-2016 06:03 PM

One more thing - just because you started selling immediately and didn't run into an issue does not make this the norm. The norm is an account will likely be suspended or at least restricted if it starts selling too soon. In addition, it also depends on the item that was listed and its value.

Fice 11-16-2016 07:08 PM

Make sense. I guess I just find it interesting that eBay would restrict someone's account merely for listing products after account creation, since I would a assuming there are probably hundreds of new people who decide to create accounts to sell unused junk everyday.

But you are probably right, it probably depends largely on the type of stuff you are selling.

MM78 11-16-2016 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fice (Post 812418)
But you are probably right, it probably depends largely on the type of stuff you are selling.

Absolutely, you can't make an account today and tomorrow list a Gucci handbag or super expensive Shoes...and so forth.

Fice 11-16-2016 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 812401)
What part of "Go slow" doesn't make sense? people always complaining they have a ton of merchandise and want to sell a Million Dollars worth right away.....start slow, then increase the number of items and so on....simple as that!

We speak English, I am sure we all understand. No one is complaining here. Some of us are just interested in the understanding the reasoning and thought process of eBay out of one's curiosity.

tbpatel2 11-17-2016 03:15 PM

Thanks for the info!