eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Ebay running on a separate browser (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/101749-ebay-running-separate-browser.html)

brew7676 12-09-2016 09:30 PM

Ebay running on a separate browser

If I login to firefox to login to an ebay account do I need to clear cookies from Chrome which is where I used ebay on my suspended account?

bluegrass1 12-09-2016 10:21 PM

Re: Ebay running on a separate browser

are you not using separate user accounts on your computer ?

brew7676 12-09-2016 10:49 PM

i havent done it yet. but suppose i use chrome for the buying account and firefox for the selling account. Can they link by cookies? I don' think they can. I also have firefox empty all cookies and history when i close it. Don't think they can link by IP address because a month ago I created the seller account on the same day my account was suspended.

bluegrass1 12-10-2016 12:04 AM

Wow Tarnished :( sure you wont have problems till you have a good account with 1000 in paypal then they will decide you are linked to a old suspended account and all your hard work will go down the tube.. Dont be cheap when it comes to this buy the stealth book best advise for newbies I promise you . And i dont make a dime saying that . yes ip links you . yes you must separate accounts using different user accounts on your computer . ALL info must be different .. read to book dear

brew7676 12-10-2016 09:53 AM

I'm not a newbie, every time I ask a question on this forum I never get a straight answer.

If this is just here for people to buy a book then i will go somewhere else.

ghackett5 12-10-2016 09:59 AM

I learned the hard way.
For 3 years was using the same windows user but on firefox for one account and chrome for another (changing IP for each account before logging in).
But as soon as one account was restricted the other got restricted in seconds!

So I know for a fact just keeping separate browsers on the same windows login won't work.

Jackery 12-10-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brew7676 (Post 817101)
I'm not a newbie

But yet you ask a n00bz question, BTW bluegrass1 answered your question dummy

empirestate 12-10-2016 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghackett5 (Post 817103)
I learned the hard way.
For 3 years was using the same windows user but on firefox for one account and chrome for another (changing IP for each account before logging in).
But as soon as one account was restricted the other got restricted in seconds!

So I know for a fact just keeping separate browsers on the same windows login won't work.

You got linked in something stupid that you did and not because of separate browsers.

quizmaniac 12-10-2016 01:39 PM

just create a separate user account for your new selling account much simpler than worrying about cookies and swapping browsers and change ip when switching between the accounts.

Jackery 12-10-2016 05:26 PM

Quote:

Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ crybaby

bjammin 12-10-2016 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brew7676 (Post 817019)
i havent done it yet. but suppose i use chrome for the buying account and firefox for the selling account. Can they link by cookies? I don' think they can. I also have firefox empty all cookies and history when i close it. Don't think they can link by IP address because a month ago I created the seller account on the same day my account was suspended.

You have to have a separate user account. A different browser within the same user account does not work. Using the same user with different browsers has probably already linked you. So once one of those ebay accounts gets in trouble, the others will probably fall like dominos.

As far as the book goes. It is a great read, regardless of if you think you are a seasoned vet or not. There are always things to learn, and there are always things that are changing with ebay and paypal.

NewYork 12-10-2016 07:05 PM

Quote:

I'm not a newbie, every time I ask a question on this forum I never get a straight answer.

The reason all the members (myself included) keep recommending the book is because of a question that was asked before they recommend it- your question makes it clear that you haven't read the book, and without knowing it thoroughly, you're wasting your time even if you're doing 95% of everything else right, it will all be undermined by a single Stealth-step you left out.

For instance, in your case, even though you started an account with the same IP, and the new account wasn't immediately suspended, it's likely linked to your old one (as people who read the Stealth book would know) and no matter how many feedback you build up over the next week or two or even year, the moment you have a hiccup, or even without the hiccup, your new account (and all the effort you put into it) can (and likely will be) immediately suspended out of the blue.

IP DOES link accounts, although not always do they shut down the new one immediately. But somewhere, somehow, there's a record with them that you used the same IP, and it's added to a few risk factors (or however they gauge it) and it's a shame to see you waste time and effort building on it when it's already linked (even though it may not be obvious to you). As someone who bought the book and read it a few times, I wouldn't even spend more time on that new account, I'd change the IP and other things and start over, if it were me.

But to be clear, the reason members keep referring to buy the book is because you need all the links in the chain to make it work, and if you are weak on a few links (or even just one) you're wasting your time, and it's their way of saying that a solid read of the Stealth book is the only thing that's really going to help you in the long run.

bjammin 12-10-2016 07:13 PM

And no one here profits from recommending that book to you, except aspkin. There is no referral program us, so there is no ulterior motive. The only motive people recommend it is because it is great for anyone on any stealthing level.

TOOKNAPA 12-10-2016 07:28 PM

Quote:

well, you joined the forum in 2012, and you look really unsatisfied, but you still using it.. I bet you just not found somewhere else, right ?

Jackery 12-10-2016 08:46 PM

Even I needed some of the info in the ebook, but I also bought it to support this kickass forum, quit being a cheap bitch

brew7676 12-10-2016 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjammin (Post 817213)
And no one here profits from recommending that book to you, except aspkin. There is no referral program us, so there is no ulterior motive. The only motive people recommend it is because it is great for anyone on any stealthing level.

Sorry, i was just upset yesterday, thanks for the useful information.

Jackery 12-12-2016 04:23 AM

We all here understand how upsetting getting suspended is, don't get mad get your a$$ back up and beat them at their own game

easy.bake.oven 12-12-2016 05:53 PM

Use portable broswers.
I have over 150 portable browser accounts on 1 windows account for a long long time and no linking or bad things.
Tried, tested and works.

rsot 12-12-2016 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brew7676 (Post 817233)
Sorry, i was just upset yesterday, thanks for the useful information.

It's fine to be upset - just take the time next time and step back :) - forum is very supportive and brew7676 is correct.