eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Anybody ever won case against buyer return damaged item (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/101879-anybody-ever-won-case-against-buyer-return-damaged-item.html)

wendychen2000us 12-15-2016 01:56 AM

Anybody ever won case against buyer return damaged item

I never saw any seller said they have won the case when buyer returned damaged item. But still would like to ask in case anybody have ever won, please share the experience.

I have a buyer damaged zipper and open the case in eBay said the zipper is broken. I have sold about 4 of the same item with positive feedback. This buyer also left positive feedback first. Then she opened the case said the zipper does not work. I asked her to send photo and she send photo of zipper with missing teeth. I asked her how the teeth is missing. She said it is not missing, just the zip can not sync. Asked eBay and eBay suggest to accept return because eBay will allow them to return no matter what. Then after we received return, we can open the case said the item was not in original condition.

Followed eBay advice, provide picture shows damaged teeth and buyer admit zip arrived ok but after she tried, it is broke. eBay said they will issue refund to buyer and because buyer return the item and there is no proof that buyer damaged it. Speechless!

GreenBean 12-15-2016 02:16 AM

Re: Anybody ever won case against buyer return damaged item

My first question would be value of the item.

Is its value within your budget to allow refund to spare the grief with eBay and buyer?

I have had success with a claim where the buyer claimed stains on fabric. Now, because this was a special order AND was sent in the original wrapping, I touched base with the buyer. Reminded her that the package came like I just described and what type of coffee did she spill.

Contrite buyer got in touch with eBay and cancelled her complaint.
That is just my method. Hope that helps.
:peace:

wendychen2000us 12-15-2016 12:56 PM

Thank you for your input. My buyer damaged the item and made up her mind to return it. I offered partial refund to help her fix the zipper. She refused. Now I understand she damaged the teeth and the zipper is beyond repair.

I reported her to eBay but I don't think eBay will do anything to bring justice to seller. Sad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 818045)
My first question would be value of the item.

Is its value within your budget to allow refund to spare the grief with eBay and buyer?

I have had success with a claim where the buyer claimed stains on fabric. Now, because this was a special order AND was sent in the original wrapping, I touched base with the buyer. Reminded her that the package came like I just described and what type of coffee did she spill.

Contrite buyer got in touch with eBay and cancelled her complaint.
That is just my method. Hope that helps.
:peace:

NewYork 12-19-2016 05:12 AM

From my experience, there comes a point (usually pretty early on) in the exchange of a scam, return, or complaint where I fold and give in, as long as I'm pretty sure (because of the product and my account rotation) that I wont be doing business with them again.

Across the 12 months of the year, I think the money I loose this way is on average less than my time, effort, and frustration of going full Terminator trying to find justice in the Ebay dispute system, and the added bonus is that when things are de-escalated to the point where there aren't intense hard feelings, I often avoid a 3 star FB or a negative altogether, which in my case is worth a good bit too.

I know that kind of personal policy isn't for everyone's selling style, but it's one of the ways I've personally evolved over the years, and am happier for it, if not more efficient too. But ohhhh.. is it hard to let someone get away with something sometimes tho- even still. But the best revenge is to take care of your accounts and be efficient with your time, and focus on the big picture.