eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Ebay and Shopify (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/101890-ebay-shopify.html)

dava811 12-15-2016 02:24 PM

Ebay and Shopify

Hello guys

I'm just after a little bit of info, I don't want Niches/categories etc just some basic info.

How many of you guys run a successful Ebay/Shopify combo. I mean people who worked a full time job and done it as a hobby then gradually built their way up to full time ecommerce. There is an awful lot of people online promoting this and that about shopify and I'm aware that it is quite pricey doing ad campaign for directing traffic.

I am planning on getting this up and running in the new year but I am uncertain about a few issues. Most things I have read are about drop shipping from aliexpress. This seems extremely easy but I'm just not confident people are going to want to wait that long for their products to arrive,

How many sales can you expect weekly starting outm I mean how hard is it to promote your shop.

I know its a broad topic but any info at all will be helpful, I suffer from some injuries to my legs which will not get better and the full time busy job that I have is going to become less and less possible so I'm trying to figure out my future.

Thanks

TOOKNAPA 12-15-2016 03:33 PM

Re: Ebay and Shopify

the first advice I can give is that you should not focus on only 1 buusiness model. There are many ways to make money online, and by trying them all, you will find the ones that fits you well. Also dicersity is important because if one day one of your business goes down, you know you have other ways to make money.
Promoting your shop can be expensive and takes time, but you can also do many free advertising on social media, forums ... Most of my customers find my shop on my facebook page and I never paid $1 for it

dava811 12-15-2016 04:30 PM

Re: Ebay and Shopify

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOOKNAPA (Post 818156)
the first advice I can give is that you should not focus on only 1 buusiness model. There are many ways to make money online, and by trying them all, you will find the ones that fits you well. Also dicersity is important because if one day one of your business goes down, you know you have other ways to make money.
Promoting your shop can be expensive and takes time, but you can also do many free advertising on social media, forums ... Most of my customers find my shop on my facebook page and I never paid $1 for it

Thanks for the response, would you say your shop is sustainable in terms of making a nice profit, do you drop ship or hold stock? Did you start your shop the way it is currently being run or did you diversify?

Also drop shipping on ebay, is it a higher risk than holding stock? How should I upload pictures /take my own/aliexpress etc etc. I've a million questions to ask but il try not to overload the post.

Thanks