eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   PayPal cover, and ebay cases (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/102002-paypal-cover-ebay-cases.html)

josh 12-20-2016 08:24 AM

PayPal cover, and ebay cases

Can someone explain the time limit a buyer has to open a case through both ebay and PayPal and what the difference is ?

I also thought PayPal
Only
Covered up to 500£ but I've lost thousands to bogus buyers and I cannot find much info as it seems to change all the time

All help
Is appreciated

Thanks

JamesNorth101 12-20-2016 08:25 AM

Re: PayPal cover, and ebay cases

If you explain what has happened and how you have lost £1000's better advise can be given for you

PayPal is always 180 days after purchase that a case can be opened now in line with credit cards

josh 12-20-2016 08:39 AM

I mean thousands over my eBay "career"
Just in general and wanted to know how to deal with it better

JamesNorth101 12-20-2016 09:15 AM

Knowing why your loosing the cases would help explain how you can deal with it a bit better

Are the cases INR? SNAD?

josh 12-20-2016 10:14 AM

generally a bit of both. For example, now shipped an item via DHL (this is on amz). DHL taking a long time to put the item on the flight, as its a backlog due to xmas. Buyer threatening to open AZ claim case today if it doesnt arrive..

It wont arrive on time. Buyer will win, and then i wont be able to stop the item, as its already "been sent"

just one scenario

JamesNorth101 12-20-2016 10:25 AM

Amazon and eBay/PayPal are both a bit different

The easy way to prevent that on eBay/PayPal is to increase your dispatch time from same day to say 3 days which gives you a decent buffer for delays

chicagoIL 12-20-2016 10:42 AM

I set my handling time to a minimum of 3 days and I choose the longest shipping time available. Here in the US it is 'economy shipping' which projects a 7-10 day shipping time. That added to my 3 day handling gives me roughly 2 weeks for the item to be delivered. It the buyer goes to the item it will show an estimated delivery date and they aren't allowed to open a case up until after that last date. For example, I sold something on the 18th, which was Sunday. I have until Wednesday to get in the mail and upload tracking before ebay considers it late. Then the estimated delivery date is between Thursday, Dec 22, 2016 - Friday, Jan 6, 2017. So, the buyer can't even open an item not received case until after Jan 6. That's 3 weeks from the purchase date. I usually ship out by the 3rd day and use priority so it arrives well before the expected date but if there is a problem, they can't do anything before that last estimated date. Even if they try to open a case up on Jan 7, if the tracking shows in transit, ebay will make them wait.

Add tracking as soon as you have it. If they attempt to open a case and the tracking shows it's in transit, they can't do anything until after the item shows delivered. If you use DHL, they scan it as in their possession and it's 'in transit'. Doesn't make a difference how long it sits with DHL. The buyer can't do anything until it shows delivered.

You can also copy and paste the 'estimated delivery' dates from your order details and send that in a message to the buyer once they purchase so they know when to expect it.