anybody been on unmolested for more than 12 months? - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

View Poll Results: Why were you suspended from EBAY?
High Risk Account 326 18.16%
VERO 578 32.20%
Shill Bidding 35 1.95%
Feedback Manipulation 37 2.06%
Too many NEGATIVE Feedbacks 117 6.52%
PayPal shut me down - unusual or high risk activity 186 10.36%
PayPal shut me down - could not provide SS # or other info 49 2.73%
PayPal shut me down - too many chargebacks or buyer complaints 36 2.01%
Generic Abusing Ebay or I never found out why! 204 11.36%
OTHER 227 12.65%
Voters: 1795. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

Thats where i find the confusion of ebay.. How does one get the opportunity to become a big time seller if they are labeled as "abusers of ebay"??? lol

everyone has to start somewhere... so does this mean that only well-known companies will be able to sell off their merchandise??

this reminds me of the segment on the discovery channel wit the buffalos trying to cross the river and the crocs were just waiting for those poor prey

Last edited by yaw1800; 04-06-2009 at 10:01 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

I escaped that vero member that got me suspended temporarily. Now a proud stealth account holder since August 06
Old 05-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%

Yea I still don't understand Paypal. They will limit you with perfect feedback, no disputes, shipping records, etc. for no reason and don't tell you what u did wrong. You were even making the company MONEY, paying the ebay and paypal fees that are already ridiculously high anyway.
Old 05-21-2009

It is for you own saftey !!!

Lol lol lol
Old 05-22-2009

Longevity: 87%

I havent been suspended yet touch wood
but I was also not so active until resently
Old 06-01-2009

Default I keep trying

I lost a 5 year old Power Seller account that did thousands of dollars worth of business a month and paid about $1500.00 in eBay fees per month. I followed every rule to the letter. I only sold authentic merchandise and I shipped right away. I had a good feedback rating too. Then, out of the blue I was suspended indefinitely for Abusing eBay. After tons of emails and phone calls I realized that I would never find out what I did to get suspended because .... THERE WAS NO REASON! I think the the member on this thread who suggested that eBay was weeding out the mid-level, at home Seller's is on to something. I was sure that eBay made a mistake when they suspended me and would figure that out. Wrong. That was almost a year ago and I recently applied to be re-instated and was turned down cold. Since then I have had about 40 Stealth accounts suspended for being linked to this one original account. I think that they are flagging me because I still sell the same items - even though there are a lot of other Seller's too. These items are on their HOT LIST and there are tons of counterfeits - but never mine. I recently took a month off to re-read the Stealth Book and set up about 20 new accounts with extra care to not be linked. I have only bought off them so far - but I am slowly setting up Seller accounts and I will be selling again soon. I will not sell any of my old inventory at first anyway, just stupid stuff from around my house. Eventually I will slowly add my HOT ITEM merchandise because I have a ton of it and I need to sell it. I currently have over $10,000.00 in merchandise that I cannot list without risking being linked.
As for the original question on this thread - I have not had an account last for more than 3 months so far. About 25% of the time it is PAYPAL that is shutting me down by asking for a SS#. Actually, that seems like the biggest roadblock for Stealth accounts. I don't understand how some of the members of this forum (and this thread) are doing as much business as they claim without providing PAYPAL with a copy of their Driver's License, SS card, bank statement, utility bill and yes, even their Passport. I cannot imagine PAYPAL allowing an account to process that much money without getting all that information. With a Stealth account - how do you do that? Can one of you forum members doing a lot of business on eBay by going Stealth tell me how you got around PAYPAL? I have been restricted because I had a $250.00 payment made over a weekend. There is no way I could pass thousands of dollars through a PAYPAL account set up to go with a Stealth account. Once they restrict you and ask for your SS# - your toast. I would love to know how you successful members are getting paid. eBay requires PAYPAL. There seems to be no way around this. How are you doing it?
Old 06-01-2009

i don't think your getting flagged for selling the same item
you must not be doing something right when making the stealth accounts
Old 06-01-2009

Default Selling the same stuff

I am pretty sure that selling the same items are what flagging me. Either they were watching me already or these listings made them examine my accounts and see other connections. The last batch of accounts that were suspended happened within minutes of me listing several of my primary items that are also HIGH RISK because they are counterfeited a lot. I have never been accused of selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ but it doesn't seem to matter. I am really pretty sure that I need to take a break selling my two major items. I think that this puts me under closer scrutiny. They see the listings, then they see that they are from an account in the same metro area, and bamm - I get all my accounts suspended. I am not missing any steps here. I have read THE BOOK several times and I know what to do. Actually it was Aspkin who suggested that they were linking me this way. They have sophisticated ways to link accounts that are similar to systems used by the CIA. I am making some changes with my newest batch of accounts but I won't be surprised if I get linked again. I am taking a break from selling my current inventory for a while to see what that does. Eventually I will have to try it again because I have a lot to sell. If you read THE BOOK you will see the list of things that link accounts and listing similar items is on the list. I am not being paranoid. I just know that the reason my last set of accounts were shot down was because I listed a few of my primary product. The timing was exact. I listed them on several accounts and they were all suspended at once plus a few others that had other listings on them. What this means is that you can't be too careful.
Old 07-08-2009

Longevity: 85%
Angry

3 days old on a new account....
I originally had a silver powerseller account selling 100% legit stuff with receipts etc. I got suspended for trademark violation for 7 days for the first warning because I had items queued up so after they removed the first 3 active listings the scheduled ones went up and they decided that after the notice I kept listing the item. Don't they own their Fkin system that they don't see I did not log in I did not see I did not list it was scheduled from like a day ago?? Anyway faxed all papers, got suspension lifted, fought a war with the vero items got reinstated vero said sorry. Me happy kept selling the stuff now a month later they suspend me forever same item same vero. I plea and cry and promise and ask and demand no one gives a sh*t no one has a reason I pointed out that I resolved the same issue with the same vero a month ago no one listens.
Cut my losses get myself together opened new bank account etc crawl back started out easy getting back to sales. different item (still legit) gets removed again. emailing vero 15 times finally answer listings got reinstated about 70 positive feedback not even horribly big but around $300-$500 gross a day on the account now paypal kills the whole thing. then again: I plea and cry and promise and ask and demand no one gives a sh*t no one has a reason I pointed out that I resolved the same issue with the same vero a month ago no one listens. I explain I appeal I call and call again...
Well no more Mr. Nice Guy.. F 'em all.
they treated me like a criminal when I had 100% feedback I held every buyers hand, shipped everything via paypal multiorder within 24 hrs. Right away refunds when the buyer coughed up the tiniest complains. I didn't even wait for the items to come back being afraid of negative feedback. Not a dispute ever. Well then they don't want me? Fine. Then they can deal with my 20 ipchanging-no-cookie-nossn-alter-egos. Now I won't give a s*, order the stuff from china which I ordered from a legit wholesaler and had to compete with the prices like $50 below me every day because other sellers dare to buy from china. Not to mention I have like $6-7000 worth of merch laying around here now... I can do this too. But how is this in their interest? No idea.
At least I feel 10lbs lighter now...
Old 07-14-2009
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 53%

wow since 06 huh? Ddang... mine lasts for 1 year about.
Meh, on to the next one. They need to catch the real scammers... not ppl who just wanna be left a lone and who tries to do everything right
Old 07-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

unmolested - no!
over 12 months yes - multiple accounts - only because I joined this forum
Old 07-21-2009

Longevity: 88%

I am still going strong on an account that I made up when I first got suspended 2 years ago. It is a legit account - all the info. And I still sell what I did before. I got suspended for the non performing crap - took the summer off. The accounts that went down are mostly because of Paypal being limited and wanting my ssn. But, I figured out the trick with that one. My last account that went down was because the fees got out of control and I couldn't pay them. I have 2-4 accounts that I sell with. And I sell vero on those.
Old 08-14-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%

Quote:
anybody been on unmolested for more than 12 months?
Just got my one year in on my 1st Stealth Account. In a few more weeks my 2nd Stealth Account will also hit a year.

Thanks go to Aspkin, GreenBean and every member of this Forum!
Old 08-15-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

My only accounts which are unmolested are those which have been dormant since before 2008 (completely unused) - some of those were ding'd - 'splain me that...

However, my active accounts which get molested have survived. Molested and Banned are two different things.

I have not permanently lost an account EVER. Techniques learned here and by other means have allowed me to correct any problem that has arisen.
Old 08-16-2009
Vicvelcro

Czy to, co prawdziwe? Co to są ci pytanie?

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 08-16-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-10-2009

Longevity: 84%
Default This is for you only

........spam
Old 10-10-2009
Vicvelcro

That is the most profound post I've seen in the past 30 seconds. I dunno how much longer I would have survived on the intertubes if that link hadn't come along.

Old 11-07-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Had been suspended three times prior to finding this place. Have now been up and selling for over 18 months after practically memorizing Stealth. Follow the rules, start slow, and just use common sense. Some sellers just attract attention because of the sorts of things they sell or the huge amounts of items they sell. I did and still do neither. I gross about 5K a month off of ebay selling between 50-100 items a month, that's it. I'm up over 1000 FB, 100% with DSRs of 5, 4.9, 5, and 5 and have been given that stupid Preferred Seller status thing, or whatever they call it when you have that new little medal thingie beside your auction listings.
It can be done, and it can be maintained. Don't give up hope.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brokebackebay For This Useful Post:
Sooner (08-29-2011), tgurly (12-04-2009)
Old 11-09-2009

Hey Brokeback,
Was your paypal ever limited during this time? If yes, any idea what level of sales, etc. would have triggered it?
Thanks

It's been just over 12 months for me and I too did everything very slowly.
Was never limited but I don't sell anything too expensive or high risk.
Old 12-01-2009

Default Going on 2 Years

I sure hope I am not jinxing myself! But, my main account will turn 2 Dec 3. I have another baby that I opened this summer, attached to the main account. But, that account is basically being used for 1st of the month bills. Neither account sells vero.

I had several accounts knocked out this year though. I lost one because the fees had gotten away from me. And the others were due to Paypal. After I lost the last one, I decided that I was too tired to constantly play dodge ball with Ebay and Paypal and needed a break.

So, for the next month or so, I am just taking time off and only selling legit stuff. However, come February or March, I will all rested and ready to play!
Old 12-01-2009

Longevity: 84%

I don't think it matters how long you last per account as long as you're able to make some form of money on it. You can make unlimited accounts so basically that equates to forever. Your time per account should improve with experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbluntz For This Useful Post:
Imback2010 (06-25-2010)
Old 12-02-2009

Probably so. Just looking at all the accounts I had go down - having this one is quite an accomplishment for me. My 2 year old account was one of my first. I need to get to making accounts. I have a couple. But, again, I just want a normal business right now. I have my website that I have been working on. And planning a wedding. So, with that and every day life, I just don't seem to have enough time. It is after midnight and I am still processing orders from the day. And will hit the floor running tomorrow.

When I got suspended, I made 1 or 2 accounts a day. I should get back to that.