anybody been on unmolested for more than 12 months? - Page 7 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

View Poll Results: Why were you suspended from EBAY?
High Risk Account 326 18.16%
VERO 578 32.20%
Shill Bidding 35 1.95%
Feedback Manipulation 37 2.06%
Too many NEGATIVE Feedbacks 117 6.52%
PayPal shut me down - unusual or high risk activity 186 10.36%
PayPal shut me down - could not provide SS # or other info 49 2.73%
PayPal shut me down - too many chargebacks or buyer complaints 36 2.01%
Generic Abusing Ebay or I never found out why! 204 11.36%
OTHER 227 12.65%
Voters: 1795. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Send a message via AIM to fineart Send a message via Yahoo to fineart Send a message via Skype™ to fineart
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by patcan View Post
I started with Ebay in 2000. I had over a 1000 feedbacks with 99.2% positive. I was a platinum power seller.
I left my full time job at the begining of 2007 to build my business on ebay, and make it my new full-time job.

The first year(07)..Everything went great. I had my ups and downs through the year but grossed about 275,000. So I felt I was doing something right.

Well that was until VERO. .feb 08

It all started with a stupid little decal. Yep, a sticker!! Ebay shut my auction down and said I violated a trademark.(strike 1)
Ok, so I re-worded my auction, and let it fly again. Mind you, there was plenty of the decals currently being sold on ebay, and that's where I got mine originally. Well after a week or so, they shut ALL my auctions down. (strike 2). Again with the same problem, trademark infringement.
So, this time I STOPPED selling the stupid decal. I concentrated on all my other products, and things got back to normal until............wham! you guess it, they claimed I was selling counterfeits. Which was a complete lie. I had been on ebay for 8 years with nearly 100% feedback, and "Counterfeits" were NEVER part of my inventory.
I tried calling them and begging them to understand that there must be mistake......NOTHING.
They really don't care about their sellers, and it didn't matter one bit that for the last 8 years I had bought and sold countless items on their site, with nearly perfect feedback.

(I used to pay over $900 a month in ebay and paypal fees)

so after the final take-down, they suspended me permanently. With no hopes of appealing the decision.
I considered sueing ebay and the company claiming I infringed on their trademark, but I couldn't afford it. I also was told by a lawyer friend, I had no hopes of winning and would only be wasting my time/money.

Anyways, my business has pretty much fizzled out to nothing, and now I in danger of losing my house.

I tried using another name on ebay and they eventually caught it, and suspended that one too based solely on the fact that it was associated to the other suspended account.

I have been reading this website with hopes of getting back on ebay. so I can make a living. I am an honest seller. I do not scam people and everything I sell is exactly what I claim it is.
HELP!!

Pat
This story is pretty much exactly like mine.I have been a platinum power seller 6 times but eventually Ebay and Paypal always caught up with me.Not to mention all the powerseller accounts in between.

I too was loosing my home and pretty much rendered powerless because no matter what I did the outcome was certain "cancellation sooner or later".

Then after days of reading I found what I now define as the "holy grail of revenge" This forum.
I am actively running 14 accounts and always creating new ones as well as buying more.Sure you will loose some along the way but its a numbers game.

I thought I knew it all due to my vast experience as a powerseller since EBay's infancy but Aspkins knowledge humbled me and has changed ,my like in many ways.

Buy eBay Stealth and do not just read it INTERNALIZE IT.Forget all you think you know and apply the system.Organization is key but all worth the effort.

Beat them at their own game and laugh all the way to the bank.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fineart For This Useful Post:
Daga (07-05-2011), hadenough01 (08-31-2011), Pringles (11-24-2011), thunderplane (06-11-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-08-2011

Longevity: 75%

Excellent post fineart - excellent post indeed
Old 06-16-2011

damn! i really love the stories here from people who use to sell ton's of things and make a lot of money,but unfortunly got shutdown.What i always wonder..what to sell?? i broke my head thinking but not much success,i hate to sell ultra high risk items,i wish to be a normal seller and have a fun with my kids packing listing etc,you know.

at least to make 2k bucks a month extra
Old 06-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I just got my 2 year happy birthday notice and my violations went from VERY LOW to MEDIUM..... I got screwed by sony several times because item I listed out of catalog had warranty info in the catalog itself and violated me for that crap. Called ebay many times and said they are reviewing it...blah blah blah
Old 06-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Just had my 1 year old accounts TRS removed.... FU ebay.

Stupid idiots who open cases even after you're dealing with them, annoy me the most these days. that rule NEEDS TO CHANGE.... Open cases shouldn't be judged unless it's a LOT.
Old 08-20-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
Just had my 1 year old accounts TRS removed.... FU ebay.

Stupid idiots who open cases even after you're dealing with them, annoy me the most these days. that rule NEEDS TO CHANGE.... Open cases shouldn't be judged unless it's a LOT.
Sad to hear, but I disagree. Opened cases shouldn't count AT ALL. Does eBay honestly not realize that tons of buyers are jumping the gun and opening cases/disputes before even thinking of messaging the seller?

I swear from 10 problems that I've had with buyers, 2 contact me, 1 leaves a negative feedback but doesn't do anything more, and 7 go right ahead and open up a dispute.

I'm all for disputes that are decided in the buyer's favor as counting against you, why shouldn't they, but not the ones that are decided in your favor or even just opened. That seems like absolute madness to me. Madness? This is eBay! and unfortunately eBay is strictly a logic-free zone.
Old 08-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 76%

Well the new updates require the buyer to message you first before they can open a case. I forgot when this will be implemented, but it's coming, don't worry.
Old 08-21-2011

I think some of us need to look at what is happening from outside the box a little bit.

Ebays' first priority is the customer. It's the customer who brings the money. You think it's you because you pay the fees but understand this - if Ebay can make their platform right the customers will buy and the sellers will follow. Their are 10 sellers for everyone that gets knocked off but their are not 10 buyers to replace everyone that gets ripped off.

When sellers dump their ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods on buyers - no matter how good a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ they are - the customer gets hacked off - he then tells his mates so you don't lose one customer - you lose 10. Ebay worked this out a long long time ago.

When sellers come on this forum trying to justify selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods all they are doing is reinforcing Ebays resolve to get you off their platform.

Longevity on stealth is not possible selling VERO or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ - IMO it cannot be done.

I have a golden account that has had no issues at all. Everything sold on it is crystal clean. I work on it, I get rid of any negs from bad buyers - I bribe them if necessary - I keep good DSRs - I sell good value products - I leave money in PP - and I make over £5K a month - FROM ONE ACCOUNT!!! - And I'm not the only one on this forum doing so

I have more than one account - it can be done - it is relatively easy to do - but you must play by their rules - it's their way or the highway.

An anology that I have used before is this:
"I lost my driving licence because I was drinking and driving.

When I get my Licence back I'm still going to be drinking and driving.

What can I do to make sure I don't lose my licenece again?

I think it's so unfair that they keep taking my licence off me because I pay hundreds in road tax.

Please help me"

It's a new ball game out there and it's changing all the time

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
bluesky1 (11-26-2011), colt63 (09-01-2011), ganapati (09-23-2012), ovidiu (08-26-2011), Sandy D (08-21-2011)
Old 08-21-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Fantastic post Fineart and GrannyT.

Everything is about being organized and smart.

I went unmolested on every account for more then a year until recently.

I might have got sloppy as I am trying to do way too much with work, kids, ebay etc but I will not let it stop me.

I dont sell risky items so I dont have to worry about that part.

Like Granny said, she has a golden account and she wont risk anything with it.

People always need to have that one golden account that is squeaky clean and built for the long haul.

Mine is nearly 2 years old and I intend on making sure it is sitting there for the long haul.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
colt63 (09-01-2011), GrannyT (08-21-2011)
Old 08-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

People need to stop selling the phakes and stop messing around with late shipping, bad photos, etc etc. eBay & PP are applying the screws and soon getting a sellers account will be like applying for a job, complete with forms, drug tests, and background check!
Old 08-26-2011

I hope not ovdiu - some of us old ladies could be in real trouble
Old 08-29-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
I hope not ovdiu - some of us old ladies could be in real trouble
With age comes wisdom.

With wisdom comes ways to always make things work out no matter what walls are built around us.

Right GT?
Old 08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
With age comes wisdom.

With wisdom comes ways to always make things work out no matter what walls are built around us.

Right GT?
@SandyD - for every wall a man builds a woman will find a way round it. The problem we seem to be having is the longevity of our work arounds.

Regarding the OPs original point about going unmoleted - I got molested about half past midnight last night - does that count?:D
Old 08-29-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
@SandyD - for every wall a man builds a woman will find a way round it. The problem we seem to be having is the longevity of our work arounds.

Regarding the OPs original point about going unmoleted - I got molested about half past midnight last night - does that count?:D
If you did not mind it then it surely counts.
Old 08-29-2011

ahaha the issue is, what isnt vero these days? and vero items to me sells the most, and quickest,
Old 08-29-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmoe7 View Post
ahaha the issue is, what isnt vero these days? and vero items to me sells the most, and quickest,
The buyers believe that for sure.

I sold a piece of 1940's glassware under glassware other and the emails I got were amazing asking me where I found it and how could I sell it so cheap. Then the amazing question. Can you prove who made this because the copyright owner would insist on the information being correct.

Cannot imagine anyone still being alive that owned a factory in 1940 and went out of business in 1959 still worried about calling something by its correct name.
Old 09-08-2011
Banned

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
Hi- I got a solid 6 months in on 3 accts + 8 months on 1...Basically-ever since I joined this Forum. I don't remember what Aspkins fees were for joining for a year-but I know they were too cheap for all the info + advice I get daily! I mean 1 good acct up for 30 days-brings me in min. $4000 sales..so go figure..I have 12 active selling accts+ well over 100 backups + I think 14 pp accts..All because of Membership here!
How do you keep all the extra accounts active? Last I remember eBay shuts down accounts that arent verified within a week.
Old 09-08-2011

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
A lot of people have been on for longer then one or even six months. Just read the Thank you Aspkin threads.
I suppose I should have thanked Aspkin, and I shall. Thank you Aspkin

But I have been going for over 12 to 18 months.
Had my issues with some violations, but slowly is the way to go.

I only got into trouble when I up the pace. Slowly and carefully is the way to go if you want to stay selling.
Also depends on your competitors, had my problems there and some nasty buyers as well.
Feebay and PP aren't your only problem.
Old 09-08-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaBeh8ater View Post
How do you keep all the extra accounts active? Last I remember eBay shuts down accounts that arent verified within a week.
Never has happened to me and I many accounts just sitting with no verification done.
Old 09-09-2011

And me - I bring them to life when I need them - still have the same old problems though
Old 09-09-2011

Longevity: 73%

Hi, okay, I don't think I am changing the comment thread here. pologies if I am.
Ebay and paypal are in it to make money;
I am looking at product to sell, some is possibly dropshipping.
Do they not like dropshipping?
If it is quality merchandise and customers are happy, why do I have to worry about being shut down.
Answer? Is it because I would have more than one ebay ID that I am selling from.
I am just unsure about having diff IP's and power cycling and such if I am selling good product (i am sure everyone here is), why I would have to be so worried about being restricted?
Old 09-11-2011
Banned

In most cases they do not like dropshipping.

And if you use stock photos like a million other people it can cause issues.

What I would do is order a batch of your items you want to sell and take your own pictures and try the ds. Just to test and see if it works for you.

You won photos will help a ton.