eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Which has tougher security, eBay or Paypal? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/10355-has-tougher-security-ebay-paypal.html)

Ghost 04-10-2009 02:33 PM

Which has tougher security, eBay or Paypal?

I'd like to know in you guys' experience which one has been the biggest pain when it comes to getting caught?

So far for me it seems to be eBay, but that's just based off a very limited experience right now. What happened just recently in my first (and latest) attempt to open a stealth account for both eBay and Paypal, my new accounts were actually LINKED to my old ones (not just "abusing eBay") and it was a careless mistake on my part. It looks like the phone number I used for my new eBay/Pal accounts was used at some point as an alternate phone for my old ones and so I didn't remember that it would be considered blacklisted information.

The thing is that eBay caught me on this and banned my eBay account before I even so much as placed a single bid... meanwhile my Paypal account with that same toxic profile info is still up and running and I even use it to make payments on some random crap! Now I'm just trying to slowly use it more and more to see just how much they'll let me get away with. Weird, huh? :noidea:

oompaloompa 04-10-2009 02:41 PM

you probably say ebay toughest because thats where you can do so many violations, when you say toxic profile on paypal, its actually ebay violations you did and were banned for, so it didnt affect paypal at that point, ebay can go down and paypal left standing, that paypal can be used for non-ebay after that, although will always be more vunerable to limitations.

aspkin 04-10-2009 03:14 PM

PayPal because of all the limitations that take work to get passed.. but once you're passed them you'll do fine as long as your eBay account is in good standing.

PayPal for sure.

GreenBean 04-10-2009 08:22 PM

^^^ Is correct. paypal does its damnest to stop anyone getting their own money.:pout:

waterproof 04-10-2009 08:49 PM

I wil have to say eBay, at least for my experiences. Even with many links, I have never had one problem using the very same Paypal account. It is as it was the very firtst day I opened it.
On the other hand, eBay seems to set new rules, standards, regulations and now the CALLING business!
I guess I have just had way too much trouble and have spent too much time with eBay.

ambercolour 04-11-2009 12:23 PM

Its Paypal, because at the end of the day its "money". And thats something what Paypal doesnt want to give to people. They use it to their advantage as well.

gurusgrafx 04-11-2009 02:56 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^
your right about that. I had an account at christmas that I used to buy stuff never withdrew any money for like 3 weeks. First time I took money out of the system that account got limited.

philly387 04-11-2009 03:14 PM

Paypal all the way...limitations

Ghost 04-11-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterproof (Post 82468)
I wil have to say eBay, at least for my experiences. Even with many links, I have never had one problem using the very same Paypal account. It is as it was the very firtst day I opened it.
On the other hand, eBay seems to set new rules, standards, regulations and now the CALLING business!
I guess I have just had way too much trouble and have spent too much time with eBay.

I'm curious, have you withdrawn any money from this Paypal account yet?

aquariusvc 04-11-2009 06:26 PM

paypal ... at this time i get limited very fast :(

Snagga 04-11-2009 06:43 PM

i would have to say paypal. my last three accounts i said goodbye because of paypal. maybe i try to move too quickly. i dont pay ebay fees anyway but ebay hasnt won a race with paypal yet. they usually catch up locking my account a few weeks later because of the fees

alphaversa 04-13-2009 10:18 AM

Paypal for sure. I don't even remember the last time eBay suspended me. It is always my Paypal that gets limited.

Burst 04-13-2009 10:30 AM

Im going to say eBay. An avid seller has blown through way more ebay accounts than Paypal. All of the violations add up quick. Luckily an avid seller was only limited twice in their time.

However, the work needed to remove the limitation was quite hefty and required verbal and image editing skills some do not have. If the seller was limited more often, they would go with paypal no questions.

tonyaphx 04-14-2009 07:33 PM

my vote is paypal because if your paypal gets limited then that means no more money because your ebay is dead

lakeman 04-14-2009 08:01 PM

I also would say paypal has tougher security, before I found this forum I mainly got limited for "high risk". :rip: