eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Are knockoff's really Knockoffs (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/1043-knockoffs-really-knockoffs.html)

tvaughan08 08-23-2007 08:13 PM

Are knockoff's really Knockoffs

Just a little advice about knockoff shoes I can't speak on Rolex watches but I have a family member in the military and he's stationed in Korea he goes back and fourth to the markets in china to get cloths and sneakers, he actually made me understand knockoffs in the USA and how there not really knockoffs. This is what he told me, company's like Nike and other sneaker companies get there products made in china and other countries which I think we all know, Because they don't have to pay china manufactures the same money they would have to pay USA manufactures and employees to produce products such as Nike, Jordan’s ect. The currency exchange rate in china is 7.6 RMB for every 1 US Dollar. So if u think about it, the USA can pay china employees 3 dollars a hour and there happy rather then pay a USA employee 10.00 dollars a hour for the same job and we complain and ask for a raise every year, Pretty much cheap labor.

In addition, he told me china is not govern by USA copywrite laws so anything can be reproduced again and sold from china to USA and they cannot be prosecuted for it under US law as copywrite infringement. Now here is where it gets really interesting, because of that, many people who work in the clothing and shoe manufactures in china city's such as Fijian ect ect smuggle the exact Nike molds of the shoe from the manufactures and sell it to another manufacture to reproduce Nikes as there own. Now there are some Manufactures who use poor material to reproduce the sneakers then there is others who use the exact same material to reproduce sneakers that Nike use, so the quality all depends on which manufacture you get your shoes from.

So I asked him, well isn't it still a knockoff? He said no because it the exact same mold of the original shoe, and most consumers do not know that the word variants just mean, "This particular shoes was not authorized by Nike" which raised another question. Well how can they sell them so cheap because in the store a pair of Jordan’s cost $100-$150. Then he explain that that's the USA markup price once it gets to stores your paying for Jordan’s Name and face on the box and not the quality of the shoes and that it only cost $2 to make 1 shoe because of the currency exchange rate. Which made sense if it only cost $2 to make 1 shoe then really it cost 15 RMB's in china money. which raised another question why in the hell does foot locker & champs ect sell them for $150.00 when it only cost them no more then $4-$5 to make 2 pair of Nike shoes. He put it plain and simple because were dumb in the USA and fall for anything media, internet, and radio tells us. That is why companies like Nike make Millions.

DogFacedBoy 08-23-2007 08:54 PM

Why do they charge that much?
to pay the Tiger Woodses and Michael Vicks (well not for too much longer) tens of millions a year to wear the swoosh.
Actually the may look the same, but they are probably not quite the same quality...I've seen several exposes where they disect the shows.

Thing is, the difference in quality is not as great as the difference in price.
I have a $75 knockoff Rolex that except for the functions of the sub-dials (that I don't even use) would probably fool a jeweler, automatic movement just like, nnt not near as good as the real one (key is don't buy gold knockoffs, always get silver so the plating won't wear off).
For what I paid for it I could buy 5 of them a year from now until the day I die and still not spend as much as the "real thing"

If I could find a way to get away with selling VeRO stuff on ebay I could quit my regular job, because I have access to some real good copies at reasonable prices. Even with that I don't think it is worth the headaches of constantly staying on the move.

tvaughan08 08-23-2007 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy (Post 8116)
to pay the Tiger Woodses and Michael Vicks (well not for too much longer) tens of millions a year to wear the swoosh.
Actually the may look the same, but they are probably not quite the same quality...I've seen several exposes where they disect the shows.

I have a $75 knockoff Rolex that except for the functions of the sub-dials (that I don't even use) would probably fool a jeweler, automatic movement just like, nnt not near as good as the real one (key is don't buy gold knockoffs, always get silver so the plating won't wear off).
For what I paid for it I could buy 5 of them a year from now until the day I die and still not spend as much as the "real thing"

If I could find a way to get away with selling VeRO stuff on ebay I could quit my regular job, because I have access to some real good copies at reasonable prices. Even with that I don't think it is worth the headaches of constantly staying on the move.

I agree with you, I mean its a dog eat dog world...and I don't knock what anyone else sells knockoff or authentic whatever. I feel like these major corps make millions of a name and the quality of the original's are just as bad as the knockoff. I had a friend who had some jordan variants and they look better then mines and mines were from foot locker. I mean they were crisp, and I paid 135 for mines and he paid 45 for his I was a little disturbed so from then on I just got variants like him. And from what I understand many celebs get AAA knockoffs because the average consumer can't tell the diffrence anyway. So with that EVERYBODY MAKE MONEY...TOAST, if you can get away with selling rolex watches then hey. Good luck..Rolex already made there money of the watch make yours.

tvaughan08 08-23-2007 09:39 PM

Quote:

They pay them so much money because they can afford to pay a high profile athelete that much money to endorse there company, swoosh wants to appeal to all crowds like people who play golf & people who play basketball or football...and the quality is the same, you got to think USA is #1 consumers in the world, and the only thing I know that's manufactured here is FORD and Food. Of course when not going to import food from another country in the USA..haha!

JackNoMore 08-23-2007 10:43 PM

Contrary to popular belief, the only difference between most of those "knockoff" product and the ones with the "swoosh" and other assorted trademarks is the name supporting them and the money changing hands. Nike shoes are found under several other name brands (even the "knockoff" styles). Same shoes, same company making them, different endorsement deal. Like Sony, there are many different shades to the rainbow. However, obviously these companies know this and want the most for their product as possible. This is why they're so proactive in making sure these "knockoffs" don't compete with the "official" product. They know they're the same quality and don't want anyone else to know it too, or it may affect the longterm relationships they have with these big endorsement "stars" It's smart business marketing. But it still doesn't change the fact that the knockoffs are many times almost exactly the same quality or "seconds" meaning with "minor imperfections"

tvaughan08 08-23-2007 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack (Post 8123)
Contrary to popular belief, the only difference between most of those "knockoff" product and the ones with the "swoosh" and other assorted trademarks is the name supporting them and the money changing hands. Nike shoes are found under several other name brands (even the "knockoff" styles). Same shoes, same company making them, different endorsement deal. Like Sony, there are many different shades to the rainbow. However, obviously these companies know this and want the most for their product as possible. This is why they're so proactive in making sure these "knockoffs" don't compete with the "official" product. They know they're the same quality and don't want anyone else to know it too, or it may affect the longterm relationships they have with these big endorsement "stars" It's smart business marketing. But it still doesn't change the fact that the knockoffs are many times almost exactly the same quality or "seconds" meaning with "minor imperfections"

Exactly jack, it just blows my mind that most consumers don't know this, and don't even take the time to do the reserch.

Chris Hanson 08-24-2007 12:29 AM

Quote:

I know companies that make the exact same quality of shoes. its all about who you know. There is alot with bad quality but there is alot with some awesome 1 on 1 quality..

Alot of factories is sneaking products out of the back door and stealing the plates and blue prints.

But too me it's all the same thing. i wouldnt dare pay money for an authentic when I know I can get a AAA quality of the product for much cheaper.
About the watches. A person and his team from the Midwest just got hammered by the feds for selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Rolexes on Ebay

Chris Hanson 08-24-2007 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modee (Post 8153)
⊗⊗⊗⊗ shoes and clothing are one thing - but watches quite another. No ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Rolex comes close to the real thing.

You are right because Rolex watches are not made in china. Most of them are USA made.

Also, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ watches are worth what you pay, or less. Real Rolexes, and many other fine watches if bought for wholesale, hold their value or even appreciate.

You are right because Rolex watches are not made in china. Most of them are USA made.

I co-sign that. But I thought Rolex couldn't be bought wholesale???

tvaughan08 08-24-2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hanson (Post 8128)
I know companies that make the exact same quality of shoes. its all about who you know. There is alot with bad quality but there is alot with some awesome 1 on 1 quality..

Alot of factories is sneaking products out of the back door and stealing the plates and blue prints.

But too me it's all the same thing. i wouldnt dare pay money for an authentic when I know I can get a AAA quality of the product for much cheaper.
About the watches. A person and his team from the Midwest just got hammered by the feds for selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Rolexes on Ebay

I second the motion chris, I can't buy nothing from foot locker anymore when I know people with AAA quality products with the same material

tvaughan08 08-24-2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hanson (Post 8128)

Wow, yeah getting hit by rolex isn't fun...like you have to be on your toes if your going to sell a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ rolex.

tvaughan08 08-24-2007 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modee (Post 8153)
⊗⊗⊗⊗ shoes and clothing are one thing - but watches quite another. No ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Rolex comes close to the real thing.

Also, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ watches are worth what you pay, or less. Real Rolexes, and many other fine watches if bought for wholesale, hold their value or even appreciate.

Modee, I agree with you with the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ rolex can't come close to the real one, However I have seen a 99.9% exacty copy of a rolex with the box & paper work, and if u open the back it has the jewels in it also.

rapunzel_01 08-24-2007 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvaughan08 (Post 8176)
Modee, I agree with you with the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ rolex can't come close to the real one, However I have seen a 99.9% exacty copy of a rolex with the box & paper work, and if u open the back it has the jewels in it also.

Though exact look alike, but not exact copy though the jewel is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and most of them parts are, but you cant tell unless you took it to a rolex certified salesman who will know the history with serial number who owns it and who the seller sold it to and who recieved it etc..yes its complicated like that my friend bought a true rolex very involved watch certificate wise and time piece wise.

aspkin 08-24-2007 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvaughan08 (Post 8114)
Just a little advice about knockoff shoes I can't speak on Rolex watches but I have a family member in the military and he's stationed in Korea he goes back and fourth to the markets in china to get cloths and sneakers, he actually made me understand knockoffs in the USA and how there not really knockoffs. This is what he told me, company's like Nike and other sneaker companies get there products made in china and other countries which I think we all know, Because they don't have to pay china manufactures the same money they would have to pay USA manufactures and employees to produce products such as Nike, Jordan’s ect. The currency exchange rate in china is 7.6 RMB for every 1 US Dollar. So if u think about it, the USA can pay china employees 3 dollars a hour and there happy rather then pay a USA employee 10.00 dollars a hour for the same job and we complain and ask for a raise every year, Pretty much cheap labor.

In addition, he told me china is not govern by USA copywrite laws so anything can be reproduced again and sold from china to USA and they cannot be prosecuted for it under US law as copywrite infringement. Now here is where it gets really interesting, because of that, many people who work in the clothing and shoe manufactures in china city's such as Fijian ect ect smuggle the exact Nike molds of the shoe from the manufactures and sell it to another manufacture to reproduce Nikes as there own. Now there are some Manufactures who use poor material to reproduce the sneakers then there is others who use the exact same material to reproduce sneakers that Nike use, so the quality all depends on which manufacture you get your shoes from.

So I asked him, well isn't it still a knockoff? He said no because it the exact same mold of the original shoe, and most consumers do not know that the word variants just mean, "This particular shoes was not authorized by Nike" which raised another question. Well how can they sell them so cheap because in the store a pair of Jordan’s cost $100-$150. Then he explain that that's the USA markup price once it gets to stores your paying for Jordan’s Name and face on the box and not the quality of the shoes and that it only cost $2 to make 1 shoe because of the currency exchange rate. Which made sense if it only cost $2 to make 1 shoe then really it cost 15 RMB's in china money. which raised another question why in the hell does foot locker & champs ect sell them for $150.00 when it only cost them no more then $4-$5 to make 2 pair of Nike shoes. He put it plain and simple because were dumb in the USA and fall for anything media, internet, and radio tells us. That is why companies like Nike make Millions.

That's the beauty of the world economy. Everything eventually evens out.

What major companies don't know is by outsourcing to cheap labor; they're actually helping even out the world economy and creating a global market. Where there was once an unbalance of cheap labor and high profits, comes higher cost and more competition (China, India). Eventually major companies will see their profits shrink to the point where outsourcing won't be in their favor. And there will be so many knockoffs and competition they'll eventually either go out of business or have to buyout the competition to stay alive.

When you have an unbalance of such, smaller companies take advantage of the low cost and high profits to the point where there are price wars that eventually kill off the major companies. The end game is where there is one global currency, and global monopolies everywhere.

That's how I see things turning out at least… probably not more then 100-200 years from now.

I wonder how the Euro is affecting businesses in Europe…

tvaughan08 08-24-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 8198)
That's the beauty of the world economy. Everything eventually evens out.

What major companies don't know is by outsourcing to cheap labor; they're actually helping even out the world economy and creating a global market. Where there was once an unbalance of cheap labor and high profits, comes higher cost and more competition (China, India). Eventually major companies will see their profits shrink to the point where outsourcing won't be in their favor. And there will be so many knockoffs and competition they'll eventually either go out of business or have to buyout the competition to stay alive.

When you have an unbalance of such, smaller companies take advantage of the low cost and high profits to the point where there are price wars that eventually kill off the major companies. The end game is where there is one global currency, and global monopolies everywhere.

That's how I see things turning out at least… probably not more then 100-200 years from now.

I wonder how the Euro is affecting businesses in Europe…

Great thoughts on this topic, I appreciate everyone for there input