eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Making the same listing on the same ebay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/104666-making-same-listing-same-ebay.html)

kao 01-27-2017 07:52 AM

Making the same listing on the same ebay

Hello, I know that a seller cannot have 2 or more identical listings on the same ebay site, for instance, ebay.com

But you can have identical listings on different ebay sites, for example, on .co.uk and .com.

I have a GTC listing on .co.uk that has run out of stock and now has a quantity of 0. Do you think I could make exactly the same 30-day listing on .co.uk as the GTC listing is currently inactive, since it has 0 items quantity remaining?

phaz0rz 01-27-2017 08:16 AM

Re: Making the same listing on the same ebay

No, eBay filters would stop you. You would have to slightly change the title/description.

kao 01-27-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 826742)
No, eBay filters would stop you. You would have to slightly change the title/description.

so, if I change the title of GTC listing (that has 0 quantity remaining), but leave the photos and description the same and create 30-day listing which is the same (just with the original title) I should be okay then?

kao 01-28-2017 10:55 AM

any other advices/opinions?

Play 01-28-2017 12:38 PM

The repercussions of abusing ebays duplicate listing policy with GTC listings is that (presuming your using GTC to sustain your listing rank etc.) - if your listing is reported, and they review to find similar listings, they could either terminate all listings, or terminate all but leave one.

This in turn defeats the main reason people opt for GTC. So just a word of warning ;)

kao 01-29-2017 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 826979)
The repercussions of abusing ebays duplicate listing policy with GTC listings is that (presuming your using GTC to sustain your listing rank etc.) - if your listing is reported, and they review to find similar listings, they could either terminate all listings, or terminate all but leave one.

This in turn defeats the main reason people opt for GTC. So just a word of warning ;)

Thank you. I have some questions tho

Why should anyone report my listing and how could they do that if people could see only one listing out of 2 (they could only see 30-day listing, since the GTC's quantity would be zero so it would be inactive and hidden from the search until quantity reaches more than zero) ?

What do you mean by saying 'they could either terminate all listings, or terminate all but leave one.' ?

By saying 'all listings' you mean all those listings that are identical to each other or ALL my listings in general?

Thank you for your help! Highly appreciated!

Conductor 01-29-2017 03:24 PM

Nu nahui va delko mane eBay MC001 ipiso

---

Oh that's why eBay restricted my account with MC001

kao 01-30-2017 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conductor (Post 827166)
Nu nahui va delko mane eBay MC001 ipiso

---

Oh that's why eBay restricted my account with MC001

after you did this they gave you MC001?

kao 01-31-2017 07:48 AM

any other thoughts?

rsot 01-31-2017 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kao (Post 827471)
any other thoughts?

What other thoughts needed? Play is correct - eb can also auto-cancel identical listings.

kao 01-31-2017 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 827472)
What other thoughts needed? Play is correct - eb can also auto-cancel identical listings.

But what if I change the title of the GTC listing (which would be inactive and hidden due to quantity of 0)?
Titles would be different then so maybe ebay would not spot this, especially taking into consideration the fact that the listing would be inactive?

rsot 01-31-2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kao (Post 827474)
But what if I change the title of the GTC listing (which would be inactive and hidden due to quantity of 0)?
Titles would be different then so maybe ebay would not spot this, especially taking into consideration the fact that the listing would be inactive?

I have changed title only on identical listings and the listings have not been taken down so it can work - and plus, my listings were active

kao 01-31-2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 827476)
I have changed title only on identical listings and the listings have not been taken down so it can work - and plus, my listings were active

and you left the description and the photos exactly the same, right?

rsot 01-31-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kao (Post 827479)
and you left the description and the photos exactly the same, right?

If you are asking for confirmation - yes I did this. Keep in mind that it might not always work but it has worked for me just for 2 identical listings, not many.

IF you can change it, to be safe, you should.

kao 01-31-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 827480)
If you are asking for confirmation - yes I did this. Keep in mind that it might not always work but it has worked for me just for 2 identical listings, not many.

IF you can change it, to be safe, you should.

thank you for the help!