eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   What are some items that sell well during the 90 day "trail" period (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/104724-what-some-items-sell-well-during-90-day-trail-period.html)

rondellrandall 01-29-2017 06:06 PM

What are some items that sell well during the 90 day "trail" period

What are some of the things you are selling during the period of your 90 days, 21 item, $250 period that new sellers have to go thru? I have sold movies, recipes and have heard of selling candy to, What have you done that works well?

Payelectronica 01-29-2017 06:18 PM

Re: What are some items that sell well during the 90 day "trail" period

Household items that were just laying around collecting dust, small older electronics. That was years ago when I was purging my home of all the stuff I didn't need. Then I started going to garage sells to find cheap stuff to buy that was easy to ship. I have since found more efficient and effective ways of getting it done.

JamesNorth101 01-30-2017 10:33 AM

I always used to plunder my local £1 store. $1 stores should have lots of lovely cheap generic stuff to list :thumb:

sunny day 01-30-2017 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 827290)
I always used to plunder my local £1 store. $1 stores should have lots of lovely cheap generic stuff to list :thumb:

make sense ... and people buy from you at time your items available at $1 store ??!!

JamesNorth101 01-30-2017 11:12 AM

Yep. With free next day delivery those sorts of items get bought very fast at $/£1 each

I do make a loss on them but it's worth it long term

Payelectronica 01-30-2017 11:55 AM

Yep, the dollar store is one of my more effective ways these days of building an account up. $10 - $15 here and there and the next thing you know I had a couple hundred items.

I live in a large metro area and they are all over so if I see one and I have time I stop in. Especially in Upscale areas where they tend have really good name brand items.

phaz0rz 01-30-2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunny day (Post 827294)
make sense ... and people buy from you at time your items available at $1 store ??!!

I used to use wall stickers from a dollar store to build feedback. I had 5 different types, and each was listed at $6.99. I sold at least 20 of those before taking the listings down due to the product being discontinued at Dollar Tree. I took pictures in the store and would go buy one whenever I got a sale. Towards the end I had an order I couldn't fill, and I ended up refunding the lady and telling her she can find the item at her local dollar store. She wasn't mad...

MARKW 01-30-2017 05:11 PM

I know this may sound silly, but since you mention candy, I have heard of people taking candy such as "Jolly Ranchers", opening the bags, sorting by flavor, then selling a particular flavor by the weight. Seems like a silly idea, but not really, many people like just one or two flavors that may be included in a bag of a certain candy, and people are willing to pay to get just that flavor. Just an idea? I would keap your prices as low as you can to try to get as many sales as you can and get great feedback as well as establish a Great Seller Reputation.

Purpose 01-31-2017 02:08 AM

I recommend to look inside your house to see what you want to sell

jjohnson777 01-31-2017 03:33 PM

My brand of glucose tablets like no longer around. First they stopped grape so switched to orange. Now no more orange. I buy 30-40 bottles of 50 tablets so I should be good for a few years. This is why i buy in bulk. I can still find them if ok paying much more than what used to pay.

So discounted or hard to find could do well.

Awaken 01-31-2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARKW (Post 827377)
I know this may sound silly, but since you mention candy, I have heard of people taking candy such as "Jolly Ranchers", opening the bags, sorting by flavor, then selling a particular flavor by the weight. Seems like a silly idea, but not really, many people like just one or two flavors that may be included in a bag of a certain candy, and people are willing to pay to get just that flavor. Just an idea? I would keap your prices as low as you can to try to get as many sales as you can and get great feedback as well as establish a Great Seller Reputation.

Not a bad idea. Only if people would trust anyone to do that. Would need some feedbacks doing exactly so before attracting more buyers.

kingpin100 02-01-2017 07:33 AM

Hot Wheels & Match Box Cars ...

Goodwill & Salvation Army Items.. Ive hit $500/week profit multiple times back when i first started