eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Option for U.S. ebay verification, for non-US residents (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/105679-option-u-s-ebay-verification-non-us-residents.html)

river82 03-06-2017 01:31 PM

Option for U.S. ebay verification, for non-US residents

Phone Verification: What options do we have that we do not live in the United States and can not buy a track phone or simcards, to do the ebay verification process? I have read about text+, textnow and skype number.

But is there another payment or free service that works for me outside U.S.?

slokor 03-06-2017 03:04 PM

Re: Option for U.S. ebay verification, for non-US residents

Sonetel offers paid numbers in many different countries.
Theres also google voice but there are many reports of using those numbers and ending up with 0/0 limits.

river82 03-06-2017 07:13 PM

Thanks, if you know of another service I thank you for having several options...

Another question I have: Should the phone number be the same area code as the address that is placed on ebay? Or can it be from any region of the United States?

river82 03-06-2017 07:22 PM

I was reviewing sonetel, many numbers appear at a good price but below the numbers there is information that says this:

This number can receive SMS. Use for Identity validation is not allowed.
Inbound fax can be activated on this number.

brownsuga 03-07-2017 01:51 PM

All my accounts are ebay.com and all my numbers are from my country. My address is local too. You don't need to be in the US to set up a US ebay.

river82 03-07-2017 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownsuga (Post 834543)
All my accounts are ebay.com and all my numbers are from my country. My address is local too. You don't need to be in the US to set up a US ebay.

Thanks for your answer, and your auctions appear as if they were from USA or your country?

Once I did that I created an account from my country and when I published an auction I placed the item in Miami and then ebay blocked my account because my address did not correspond with the place where I sell the product.

TheMatrix 03-08-2017 05:57 PM

Yeah this all seems a bit confusing for me. I have a Philippine ebay account and sell on ebay US and UK. No problems at all. I list the items and put in USA/UK address shipped from.
I dont know if linking to ebay is good here...probably not so just google "ebay selling internationally".
Heres what it says on ebay help:
"List an item on another country's eBay website.
Go to eBay (dot) com
Scroll to the bottom of the page, place your pointer over the American flag, and then click the country where you want to list your item. You'll be taken to that country's eBay home page automatically.
Click Sell at the top of the page, and then create your listing."

This just rolled out last year here so I dont know other country availability.

brownsuga 03-09-2017 07:44 AM

I never had that issue before. I only sell on US ebay. Plus some of my items are shipped from here and some from Miami and other from California. when I make my listings, I choose the location where they are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by river82 (Post 834570)
Thanks for your answer, and your auctions appear as if they were from USA or your country?

Once I did that I created an account from my country and when I published an auction I placed the item in Miami and then ebay blocked my account because my address did not correspond with the place where I sell the product.

Z19 03-12-2017 11:01 PM

Hi there.
Can I use land-line phone number only worn eBay and PayPal? I am able to speak with them or listen to the confirmation code, but I can't accept SMS? Is it fine?