eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   When opening a store on ebay can you use a visa gift card as an auto payment method (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/105736-when-opening-store-ebay-can-you-use-visa-gift-card-auto-payment-method.html)

btw 03-09-2017 01:06 AM

When opening a store on ebay can you use a visa gift card as an auto payment method

When opening a store on eBay can you use a visa gift card as an auto payment method

rsot 03-09-2017 02:57 AM

Re: When opening a store on ebay can you use a visa gift card as an auto payment meth

Did you register the visa gift card to the account zip code and try?

dallis 03-11-2017 12:03 AM

Re: When opening a store on ebay can you use a visa gift card as an auto payment meth

I register the gift card to the name, address and zip and it works fine for me.

phaz0rz 03-11-2017 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 835104)
I register the gift card to the name, address and zip and it works fine for me.

Using reloadable cards is typically advised against since they have to be registered in your real information. Good to hear it's been working for you but it's not something I would personally do.

OP - There's nothing wrong with paying your fees with a gift card, but it's going to be a major hassle compared to simply paying your fees with your Paypal balance. I don't know what your sales volume looks like. But if you're selling a lot and will by paying a lot of fees, I recommend you go ahead and load your gift card with the maximum amount allowed. That way you'll have enough $ on the card to pay your fees for a while, and you won't have to worry about buying a new gift card every time you have to pay your fees.

slokor 03-11-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 835169)
Using reloadable cards is typically advised against since they have to be registered in your real information. Good to hear it's been working for you but it's not something I would personally do.

OP - There's nothing wrong with paying your fees with a gift card, but it's going to be a major hassle compared to simply paying your fees with your Paypal balance. I don't know what your sales volume looks like. But if you're selling a lot and will by paying a lot of fees, I recommend you go ahead and load your gift card with the maximum amount allowed. That way you'll have enough $ on the card to pay your fees for a while, and you won't have to worry about buying a new gift card every time you have to pay your fees.

I don't think either one was walking about a prepaid gift card but rather a regular gift card.
But I agree - it will be a hassle to have to keep changing that gift card and using paypal would be a much simpler and more efficient solution.

dallis 03-18-2017 04:27 PM

I was referring to regular gift card, not a reloadable card.

I use the gift card to cover the credit card requirement, and then pay via paypal after.