eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   MC019 Copyright Violation Question (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/10610-mc019-copyright-violation-question.html)

ebaysceptic 04-28-2009 08:43 AM

MC019 Copyright Violation Question

Hello all,

I recently had two similar items removed via a VERO report, which resulted in a MC019 for each of the two items. The number in the parentheses after the "Unauthorized Item ()" is the same, and the items were removed at the very same minute, so I assume this indicates the VERO member reported both items at once on the same form, rather than reporting through separate submissions. Does this count as one strike or two strikes against my record? That is, is a 'strike' against my account for VERO violation based on item removals resulting from a single submitted report, or are the strikes that lead up to the 7-day suspension based strictly on a per-item basis? The discussions on this site seem to be ambiguous about whether the tally of strikes on your account for trademark or copyright violations relate to the number of individual reports, or the actual number of individual listings involved. Any help or opinions on this matter would be greatly appreciated. The reason I am worried is that I had one additional item of the same type listed that closed without bids, but is still visible in a completed listings keyword search of the past 15 days; I want to know if my account can take another hit if that completed-but-unsold auction is found and gets VERO'ed in the near future.

ebaykilla 04-28-2009 09:27 AM

sometimes it is 1 strike other times it is 2. you know you are down to your last strike if they make you take the tutorial.

gurusgrafx 04-28-2009 10:04 AM

I've been bumped before even getting to do the tutorial. then again I've had 20 items removed at once and it only counted as 1 strike. it all seems to random to me.

sycore 04-28-2009 10:18 AM

Depends on whose copyright you violated. If it is a a company that constantly bitches at ebay, it only takes one to get booted. Other times it what every button the T&S monkey pushed on your account. By the way, I have taken the tutorial so many times, you can skip to the end by changing the last part of the web address to q14.html

ebaykilla 04-28-2009 10:33 AM

I agree with you guys...it is totally random...i have been bumped without "educating myself" with the tutorial as well.

My answer to the whole darn tutorial is:

d.) There is nothing you can do (except take in the whoo-ha!)

ebaysceptic 04-28-2009 11:07 AM

To those who have been bumped without even being given the chance to do the Vero tutorial, how many MC019 notices did you receive? And were they on separate occasions?

gurusgrafx 04-28-2009 11:36 AM

any time I didn't get the tutorial I was bumped on the first violation. just have some backups ready to go because ebay accounts are like underwear these days. I know I seem to be changing mine once a week or so now. :grin:

Juicyas 04-28-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycore (Post 84914)
by the way, i have taken the tutorial so many times, you can skip to the end by changing the last part of the web address to q14.html

classic!! :d

oompaloompa 05-13-2009 03:17 AM

when you get a tutorial you are normally on your last strike , but if it is an older a account, they will give you more chances, but as killa says it depends on item.

An account is useless to me unless I can sell vero on it, even if its just occasional, once you get a tutorial is it best to walk away from account or leave it for 3 or 6 months to sell vero again. Do you ever sell the same vero again that you were tutorialed for or different type?

Vicvelcro 05-13-2009 04:56 AM

I just wait until the warning doesn't show up in my messages anymore. Sometimes I even ignore that. Depends on whether my item is vero Vero or VeRO.

I've also noticed (at least for me) I can get 2 strikes for X item, get 2 strikes for Y item, 2 strikes for Z item. I don't think they count vero strikes collectively.