Celebrating my 8th year as a subscriber here... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-30-2017

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 41%
Default Celebrating my 8th year as a subscriber here...

Because of my work, I get relocated every year and a half to three years, and each time I do, I set up things in the new office with a new work email, new computer, and so on.

Well each time I do that, I also create new user ID's to a few sites I use daily, such as Fleabay, Craigslist, Hulu Premium, and among a few others like that, a new paid subscription to this forum as well, and this time it just dawned on me how long (in total) I've been on here.

I can't BEGIN to say how much I learned here, or how much it's impacted my life. I often sell surplus items as they relate to my job, and always having a working Fleabay account has helped me make the most of opportunities to buy and resell supplies leftover from my jobs or the leftovers of other people I work with. Over the years, even the rough totals from those sales is A LOT, and easily matches my regular income.

Discovering the profits of reselling the leftover materials was a windfall for me and the 4 or 5 guys I was working with all those years ago, but one by one our accounts were limited for one reason or another (many times it was vindictive competitors trying to keep the prices up). After moving to another jobsite soon after that where there was super high speed internet (thinking back, it was probably just cable, ha ha) I had been doing a lot of online reading and discovered the stealth guide... and after a slow start, I've been rock solid with backups and it's really given me a lot of opportunities at the time and since.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to Aspkin for this site and all the help I've gotten from it over the years, and for anybody new, the time you spend reading and understanding the stealth guide will be the best investment you ever made if you sell stuff online (on any site, these skills translate) and maintaining VIP access to the juicy side of the forum has ALWAYS been an easy investment for me, as it's paid me back thousands of times over with the information I've learned.

I often wonder how many of those original 4 or 5 co-workers I used to sell with ever got back on Fleabay, but I would be surprised if more than one ever did. I know I only did because of this site and the stealth guide, and for that I'm very grateful.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elliot For This Useful Post:
ilcarletto (03-31-2017), rsot (03-30-2017), vogeltron (04-01-2017)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-30-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Celebrating my 8th year as a subscriber here...

Congrats Elliot - love seeing these success posts
Old 03-30-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%

Agree -- Ebay is still the best and easy way to make some money.

leftover materials = free?

You company's throw away?
Old 03-30-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by incniu View Post
Agree -- Ebay is still the best and easy way to make some money.

leftover materials = free?

You company's throw away?
The stuff I sell/sold were specialty metals in odd shapes. Too small of lots for a contractor set up equipment to machine parts from, but perfect for hobby guys with benchtop machines. Knowing I had an outlet for it, it made it worth my time to collect everything that was left over, and even to buy from other workstations nearby. Always having a rock solid account to sell on has been SO EMPOWERING, being able to depend on an outlet for the stuff, no matter what I came across. Especially when it was in a way that other people in my position weren't able to.

Most of the equipment, tooling, and materials weren't free, but cheap compared to what I could get for it.
Old 03-30-2017

Longevity: 51%

wow, 8 years?? how much you done made?? if i may ask

__________________________________________________ __

What profits a man to gain the world and lose his soul?
Old 03-30-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwelwatambule1 View Post
wow, 8 years?? how much you done made?? if i may ask
Over the 8 years? In my pocket? Easily more than I have made at my day job over that time. Easily.
Old 03-31-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Awesome story, and wish you continued success!