eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Ebay linked new account with old closed account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/106724-ebay-linked-new-account-old-closed-account.html)

kirch 04-14-2017 09:07 AM

Ebay linked new account with old closed account

I had a stealth account that was restricted a year ago.I have made a new stealth account and have been using for over 4 months and sold over 40 items

Few days back I got email from eBay that my new stealth account is restricted and the linked to the old account.Informed me to clear the dues on restricted old account
I wonder how they were able to link my old ebay account

I have taken care of everything

I have even used new computer and new ISP ?

Have they linked with the USPS tracking number ? (same post office )

can anybody share your experience
Thanks

Play 04-14-2017 09:12 AM

Re: Ebay linked new account with old closed account

You'll need to go back to square one and trace back all your steps. You must of done something to trigger a link.

Same pictures/title/description/price?

P.S. Your title is confusing. If you had an outstanding balance due, they wouldn't allow you to close the account.

Also pay your fees - perhaps this limitation could have been avoided if you had.

kirch 04-14-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 841969)
You'll need to go back to square one and trace back all your steps. You must of done something to trigger a link.

Same pictures/title/description/price?

P.S. Your title is confusing. If you had an outstanding balance due, they wouldn't allow you to close the account.

Also pay your fees - perhaps this limitation could have been avoided if you had.

I mean ebay restricted the account first,and I have not paid the selling fee
Even if I have paid the fee,ebay would not have re-instated the account
I was not selling any illegal or vero stuff and had no complaints
I sold stuff from china (all generic no brand name used)

zacksmithhai 04-14-2017 01:38 PM

I do not think they will link by the usps office. I always used the same post office for multiple accounts and never got a problem. Did you use the same address and a similar name for your accounts so they got linked together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kirch 04-14-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zacksmithhai (Post 842008)
I do not think they will link by the usps office. I always used the same post office for multiple accounts and never got a problem. Did you use the same address and a similar name for your accounts so they got linked together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No,I have not used the same address or name

But once I used same computer that I used with old account ,but with a different ISP (IP address) of the old account
May be ebay linked the mac address ?

applepbc 04-15-2017 01:06 AM

get the guide. cookies got you.

rsot 04-15-2017 06:48 AM

Can't really support the fee-avoision you said OP

zacksmithhai 04-15-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirch (Post 842058)
No,I have not used the same address or name

But once I used same computer that I used with old account ,but with a different ISP (IP address) of the old account
May be ebay linked the mac address ?

They cannot access your MAC address because browser won't allow that. Must be cookies. Everytime you start a new account, just create a new user profile for that account and once the account is gone, delete that user. That's the safest way.

kirch 04-15-2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zacksmithhai (Post 842135)
They cannot access your MAC address because browser won't allow that. Must be cookies. Everytime you start a new account, just create a new user profile for that account and once the account is gone, delete that user. That's the safest way.

I clear all cookies every time and also ,never used any other ebay account with the computer/IP