Sales dropped 80% since Saturday. Anyone else? Or is there a problem with my ebay.... - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-08-2017
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Sales dropped 80% since Saturday. Anyone else? Or is there a problem with my ebay

Look into your competitor.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-08-2017

Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Sales dropped 80% since Saturday. Anyone else? Or is there a problem with my ebay

No kidding, when you look from your computer your listings are shown in an entirely differently order and prominence than they are on another machine from a different location.

They game the system so you think you're getting value for your listing fees.

In the old days we used to call this different search result a 'rolling blackout'. The servers can't handle or begin to show all the possibilities, so they trim them down to size and show what they think you want to see.

Many of us have observed all of our sales in one day come from California, or Florida, or some other improbable statistical oddity.

Ebay has what, around 180 MILLION listings now, they can't begin to show them all.

Some searches would literally bring back a million possibilities. Nobody is going to look through that mess.

So they bust them up into smaller groups and spread them out across the country by region or state or some such.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
Haidukken (05-09-2017)
Old 05-08-2017

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 55%

I would like to add that I have pretty much all my international sales in the beginning week of every month. Then only a couple here and there
Old 05-08-2017

That's probably an example of velocity limits.

You probably find that your international sales are about the same each month no matter what you do.
Old 05-09-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%

in case anyone is interested, my sales have rebounded again. Seems like my possible velocity limit is set at around $10k for this account.
Old 05-09-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 58%

180 million listings!? Lol, this is why I'm transitioning to passive income,etc. It's 2017, there's tons of other ways to make money than eBay/Amazon.
Old 05-09-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLion View Post
180 million listings!? Lol, this is why I'm transitioning to passive income,etc. It's 2017, there's tons of other ways to make money than eBay/Amazon.
You have become an official bot, right? I see you, I know what you are doing.
Old 05-09-2017

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
in case anyone is interested, my sales have rebounded again. Seems like my possible velocity limit is set at around $10k for this account.
What does that mean? A "Velocity limit"... ive seen that term before but dont know what it means
Old 05-10-2017

I am interested, and that's a pretty good limit, I wish all my accounts had a 10K limit each.

I'd try to spread out into other accounts if I were you to get that number up and provide redundancy.

Kirkland: 'velocity limit' is the idea that EB, AZ, and other sites throttle ( ie secretly limit ) your sales to a certain number. james13v is saying his secret limit is around 10K.

Usually this means no matter what you do, you cannot exceed that threshold by very much, if anything.

In other words, if by some freak of chance he sells 10K on the first day of the month, nothing will sell the rest of the month, they'll do that by limiting visibility and promoting other sellers instead of him.

EB has a lot of sellers, and a limited amount of buyers. If you never sell anything, you give up and go away, right?

EB is trying to give everybody a slice of an ever-shrinking pie so that there isn't a mass exodus of sellers from the site.
Old 05-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
I am interested, and that's a pretty good limit, I wish all my accounts had a 10K limit each.

I'd try to spread out into other accounts if I were you to get that number up and provide redundancy.

Kirkland: 'velocity limit' is the idea that EB, AZ, and other sites throttle ( ie secretly limit ) your sales to a certain number. james13v is saying his secret limit is around 10K.

Usually this means no matter what you do, you cannot exceed that threshold by very much, if anything.

In other words, if by some freak of chance he sells 10K on the first day of the month, nothing will sell the rest of the month, they'll do that by limiting visibility and promoting other sellers instead of him.

EB has a lot of sellers, and a limited amount of buyers. If you never sell anything, you give up and go away, right?

EB is trying to give everybody a slice of an ever-shrinking pie so that there isn't a mass exodus of sellers from the site.
I wish that scenario happened to me. Then, I can say " SEEEEE, my account is clearly being throttled." But so far, in ebays eyes, all my scenarios are in the rhelm of possibility.

I want to expand to other accounts. SO far, my anxiety has stopped me.

Also, to add to what you said, it appears that the limit is about 5% higher than previous months. So, it would take you about a year, to double your limit. Assuming your sales continue going up.
Old 05-11-2017

Assuming, which, as you said, is impossible with EB...

I've had many accounts that all hit within 5-10% of the previous month's total, for years at a time.

As I said, if I sell a lot in the first week of the month and hit that total I'll hardly sell anything the rest of the month.

I've never had much luck expanding that top end velocity limit, unless it was by opening another account, which in turn seems to have it's own velocity limit in turn.

You've been on here forever, you should be able to handle some small expansion.

I also am a bit high-anxiety about upsetting the apple cart, but the bitter truth is we're all one day away from our prize cow being pulled down and eaten by the EB wolf, it's not an 'if' but a 'when'.

You really need some redundancy or when the time comes you'll truly be sorry...
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
james13v (05-15-2017)
Old 05-11-2017

Longevity: 63%

My sales for two weeks fell by 71.2% according to statistics ebay.
Old 05-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Assuming, which, as you said, is impossible with EB...

I've had many accounts that all hit within 5-10% of the previous month's total, for years at a time.

As I said, if I sell a lot in the first week of the month and hit that total I'll hardly sell anything the rest of the month.

I've never had much luck expanding that top end velocity limit, unless it was by opening another account, which in turn seems to have it's own velocity limit in turn.

You've been on here forever, you should be able to handle some small expansion.

I also am a bit high-anxiety about upsetting the apple cart, but the bitter truth is we're all one day away from our prize cow being pulled down and eaten by the EB wolf, it's not an 'if' but a 'when'.

You really need some redundancy or when the time comes you'll truly be sorry...
my sales have hit record numbers the past few days. I can't even keep up. Someone at ebay decided that they punished me enough, I guess....
Old 05-15-2017

Longevity: 40%

Quote:

Thanks for the explanation on velocity limits.

I tried to do some searching, and it seems to be experienced a lot by medium sized sellers (10k+). Does it also apply to small time sellers? (<10k)

Is it per category? Per account? And when does it reset?
Old 05-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
my sales have hit record numbers the past few days. I can't even keep up. Someone at ebay decided that they punished me enough, I guess....
AAAAAND, back to punishing me.
Old 05-15-2017

Interesting thread james13v. Did your velocity limit reset at the beginning of the month?
Also, do you feel velocity limit increase this month?

I think I've hit something like this, only it's been about £150...
Old 05-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirza93 View Post
Interesting thread james13v. Did your velocity limit reset at the beginning of the month?
Also, do you feel velocity limit increase this month?

I think I've hit something like this, only it's been about £150...
My sales went down before the end of the month, and only started up again a week into the month. So I'm not really sure. I feel like I have to try VERY hard to get past the limit, and when I don't, my next month doesn't have an increase either. They gave me a selling limit 10X higher than I wanted, for no reason, over night, but they don't want me to sell. NO idea.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
mirza93 (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017

Quote:
My sales went down before the end of the month, and only started up again a week into the month. So I'm not really sure. I feel like I have to try VERY hard to get past the limit, and when I don't, my next month doesn't have an increase either. They gave me a selling limit 10X higher than I wanted, for no reason, over night, but they don't want me to sell. NO idea.
Very annoying..literally no point of showing or granting us selling limits if they have further restrictions hidden away. Guess the best bet is to invest and grow more stealth accounts
Old 05-07-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
I was making it just fine for many months, with maybe a slight bump every now and then. It would take weeks to find an even slightly decent job and weeks before I get the slightly ****ty paycheck. You might as well tell anyone with a job, to not rely on 1 source of income, and look for a second job.

All I came here for, was to find out if there was something going on with ebay. That's all. It's in my title even. "anyone else?". Because that's the one thing I can't figure out on my own. I need to know if anyone else if having the same issue. If not, THEN I know it's me, and there's something I could do about it. Otherwise, all the effort in the world isn't going to help

did you find solution? i also facing same situation.
my listing is not in search.
Old 12-09-2018

Activity: 16%
Longevity: 39%

I am facing the same issue atm... Sales have dropped drastically in the last couple of weeks.
Hope this will get fixed with time.
Old 12-09-2018

Longevity: 34%

Quote:

Interesting theory. Whenever I add more products to my line my 'velocity limit' seems to increase each time.

I'd believe there's a supply & demand soft cap.
Old 12-10-2018

Longevity: 48%

The above theory makes the most sense as to why my sales would rise and fall. After some time it becomes predictable how certain accts are going to behave at certain times of the day, week, month or year.
I noticed that when i would log in on some accts to do admin work, answer a few questions, it seemed to generate more traffic and sales to the page while im logged in. Didnt take long but, i began to realize that being logged in helped with my sales too.