Email software Kiwi and MailTab (MacOs) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-17-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default Email software Kiwi and MailTab (MacOs)

Hey guys

Just wanted to share some email software that I found while swapping over from Thunderbird. Since it shares your IP in the email header it's possible eBay can see that. Better safe than sorry. Back on topic...

I don't see a lot of posts for Apple users here (maybe I'm being lazy and I'm not looking hard enough) so I figured I'll start to share what I find. There have to be a few Apple users here who can benefit

1st piece of software is MailTab.
- It's free and also has a paid version. I don't think anyone will really need the paid version. It's nothing special. Simple and straight forward. It does it's job to speed up work flow. I'm too lazy to write out the features lol. Go to the App Store on your MacBook and it'll pop up. Check it out and see if you like it.

2nd piece of software is Kiwi for Gmail
-So far I'm loving this one. There is a free version and a paid version. You'll probably need to buy the paid version to use it with multiple gmail accounts but this also unlocks a lot of other features you may find very useful. If you like Google Docs, Sheets, etc. you'll probably love this software. It's only $10 one time so it's not that bad. There is one huge downside. You can only use up to 6 gmail accounts with it right now. Hopefully they add support for more. I'm sure they will.

Again pull it up in your Mac OS App Store to see all of the features to decide if it'll help you with productivity. It's not for everyone!

Neither one of these will share your IP with eBay when you reply back to messages. I've tested/checked both.

Do share your findings if you have any! These are not the only options I'm sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to CamaroSS For This Useful Post:
Play (05-17-2017)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-17-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Email software Kiwi and MailTab (MacOs)

Kiwi for Gmail looks awesome.

...and yes Thunderbird, Outlook etc. - when emails are sent via these clients, GMAIL wont run it through their proxy servers. That means if you have multiple eBay accounts and you respond to messages via thunderbird, well it is very very easy for eBay to link all of them together as your IP is leaked.

Note - eBay dont currently enforce this measure, but its super easy to do, and so its better to be safe than sorry.

Also note - Yahoo mail runs the email through their proxy servers regardless of whether you use an email client or their online mail interface. So with Yahoo mail you can continue using Thunderbird etc.

Hope that irons out any confusion that may arise from this topic!

Last edited by Play; 05-17-2017 at 11:19 PM.