eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Calling to raise 5/500 limits - what kind of questions? What if you mess up? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/107558-calling-raise-5-500-limits-what-kind-questions-what-if-you-mess-up.html)

kirkland 05-19-2017 04:26 PM

Calling to raise 5/500 limits - what kind of questions? What if you mess up?

Let's say you have a 5/500 for a month or 2 and you want to expedite the seller limit raising process. Let's say you call in... what kind of questions will they ask you?

I know on a 0/0 they ask you id public record questions, will they ask this on a 5/500 too? What if you mess up the answers... is it possible they can DECREASE your limits?

phaz0rz 05-19-2017 04:53 PM

Re: Calling to raise 5/500 limits - what kind of questions? What if you mess up?

The worst that can happen is they try to ask database questions and then suspend your account. However the chances of that happening are very slim, as long as you call in with the phone number registered to your account.

I've called in for limit increases at least a dozen times in my career and I've never been hit with DB questions. The questions they usually ask are straightforward and almost impossible to mess up. It will be questions like:

Do you keep your own inventory in stock?
What type of items do you plan to sell?
Where do you source your inventory? (doesn't have to be specific, they just want to make sure you aren't dropshipping)

Stuff like that. 9 times out of 10 you'll get a 50% selling limit increase after 2 or 3 minutes on the phone.

kirkland 05-19-2017 05:16 PM

Re: Calling to raise 5/500 limits - what kind of questions? What if you mess up?

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 848117)
The worst that can happen is they try to ask database questions and then suspend your account. However the chances of that happening are very slim, as long as you call in with the phone number registered to your account.

I've called in for limit increases at least a dozen times in my career and I've never been hit with DB questions. The questions they usually ask are straightforward and almost impossible to mess up. It will be questions like:

Do you keep your own inventory in stock?
What type of items do you plan to sell?
Where do you source your inventory? (doesn't have to be specific, they just want to make sure you aren't dropshipping)

Stuff like that. 9 times out of 10 you'll get a 50% selling limit increase after 2 or 3 minutes on the phone.

What if you registered with a Tracfone to get the 5/500 but then swap out for a VOIP like Textplus and call in with that? I know that creating an acount with TextPlus will give you 0/0 limits, but if you call in with a TextPlus number after having created the account already, will you be okay?

jakobrockz 05-19-2017 06:35 PM

I'd just like to add that more times than not I call in without using the phone number linked to the account. They will just simply ask what the number is that is linked and you key it in.

*Do not call in with a phone number that is linked to an account already... this is a "fresh" number*

nodeal 05-19-2017 06:45 PM

I think it is interesting because for some reason I almost always get asked database questions when I call in to raise limits on a 5/500 account.

No worries though usually just play dumb or they end up not being able to find any questions associated with my stealth info and they just give me a modest bump from 5/500 to 50/5000.. something like that. Never was my account suspended.

dallis 05-19-2017 08:24 PM

Ghost of Amazon is a big fan of calling in to get limits raised, you could PM him and ask. :)

rsot 05-19-2017 09:27 PM

@kirkland, try reading GoA's posts - many address it in a good way

kirkland 05-20-2017 12:27 AM

Thanks guys. I've checked out GoA posts, pretty helpful

I guess I'm just wondering... I know they try often try their third party checker if you call in to raise a 0/0, but do they do this for the 5/5 accounts too? What if you've already sold a bit on the account and are demonstrating good performance thus far?

I guess my question is, are they more lenient with the questions on the 5/500 accounts with some history? Than they are with the 0/0 accounts

dallis 05-23-2017 08:20 PM

Who the heck knows for sure? It's EB. They tell fifty lies before breakfast just to get warmed up for work.

Just be ready... if you mess up they go straight to your house, drag you out into the street in your pj's, and then loudly mock you with open scorn and very cutting and particularly insulting insults.

Then they have all your ex-girlfriends recite poetry they wrote detailing your most personal failures and intimate inadequacies, accompanied by an Excel spreadsheet with pie charts and bar graphs to emphasize your utter lack of fitness as a future mate and father. ( assuming, of course, you're male ).

Or, if you don't want that to happen you could just hang up on them when it looks like you're not going to be able to answer the questions and call back and talk to a different rep later... :)

kirkland 05-23-2017 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 848793)
Or, if you don't want that to happen you could just hang up on them when it looks like you're not going to be able to answer the questions and call back and talk to a different rep later... :)

Lmao, isn't that kind of shady?

Id prefer the ex gf route, that sounds like it could make for some good entertainment :)

dallis 05-27-2017 09:24 AM

ssssss ..... tunnel .............sssss - click!

GhostOfAmazon 06-12-2017 03:07 PM

There are dozens of threads with tons of info on this topic all over the forum.

I'll summarize:

Unless you sound like a crack addict (stuttering, "forgetting" info like your address or name on the account, sounding like someone who just got caught in the act of masturbating by his mother, etc) the worst they'll do is deny the increase (either because you haven't waited long enough since the last one or your selling metrics aren't good).

95% of the time they grant the increase with basic stupid questions (name on the account, do you ship your own inventory, what do you sell, how fast do you ship).

Seriously, unless you're completely socially retarded, this is the easiest eBay related task you'll ever peform.

slokor 06-12-2017 05:44 PM

From my experience when you call in for a limit increase theres a good chance of them asking for public database questions.
That chance is decreased if you have a listing and selling history on the account in which case what GhostofAmazon said does apply for the most part. If you do get a customer rep who wants to ask you those questions just 'lose reception' and call again to get a different one.

GhostOfAmazon 06-12-2017 11:59 PM

^

"Database" questions are questions that are available from the public record, think: An address you lived at previously, the make and model of a car you once owned, etc etc.

With stealth, there is no real person to find this info on, so it's literally IMPOSSIBLE to get asked "database" questions. ANYONE who claims to be getting database questions on a STEALTH account is NOT doing real stealth. They're using someones real info.

Joe Blow at 123 Stealth Drive doesn't exist, ergo Joe Blow at 123 Stealth Drive has not lived at any previous address, has no car, has no public records of any kind. Since he's a fictional person, it is not possible for eBay to ask you database questions about him, since there is no way to verify the accuracy of your answers (because their are no right answers....he does not exist!)

I think Slokor MAY mean to say that eBay ATTEMPTS to "find" you in the database and fails. If this happens, there's really no reason to hang up. Most of the time, if you play it cool, the rep will give you a modest increase anyways, usually 30-60% of your current limits. Sometimes they will be by the book and say "sorry can't help you", but if that happens you just thank them for their time, hang up, and call back in 5 mins (or if you're REALLY paranoid wait 8 hours so you'll know for sure their shift will be over and you'll be guaranteed to get a different rep.)