TEMPORARY SELLING HOLD - "to keep ebay safe,we regularly review marketplace activity" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-23-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default TEMPORARY SELLING HOLD - "to keep ebay safe,we regularly review marketplace activity"

So I created a stealth account last week. 5/500. Immediately listed 2 items @ .99c each for week long auction. This morning I log in to see this message:

"In order to keep eBay a safe and trustworthy environment, we regularly review marketplace activity. As part of our review, we've temporarily placed a selling hold on your account.

To remove the hold on your account, please contact a member of our customer service agents who will be happy to assist

We appreciate your cooperation in confirming your information as soon as possible and welcome you as a valued member"

Its not an MC099 or anything like that. And it doesnt say I have to call them within 48 hours. It does say ill be prevented from new listings while this hold is on, but my existing 2 listing are still going

Note that they said "temporary hold" and my items are still listed. When ive gotten a Mc099 in the past, there was no mention of a temporary hold, and all my listings came down.

So what's the call about? Public record questions? Or just the typical "will you be dropshipping, where do you get inventory" etc
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-23-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: TEMPORARY SELLING HOLD - "to keep ebay safe,we regularly review marketplace activ

Yeah, it's normal....your a new seller and they do this to all new sellers....regardless of what information was used to open the accounts.
Old 02-12-2019

Longevity: 30%
Default Re: TEMPORARY SELLING HOLD - "to keep ebay safe,we regularly review marketplace activ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
So I created a stealth account last week. 5/500. Immediately listed 2 items @ .99c each for week long auction. This morning I log in to see this message:

"In order to keep eBay a safe and trustworthy environment, we regularly review marketplace activity. As part of our review, we've temporarily placed a selling hold on your account.

To remove the hold on your account, please contact a member of our customer service agents who will be happy to assist

We appreciate your cooperation in confirming your information as soon as possible and welcome you as a valued member"

Its not an MC099 or anything like that. And it doesnt say I have to call them within 48 hours. It does say ill be prevented from new listings while this hold is on, but my existing 2 listing are still going

Note that they said "temporary hold" and my items are still listed. When ive gotten a Mc099 in the past, there was no mention of a temporary hold, and all my listings came down.

So what's the call about? Public record questions? Or just the typical "will you be dropshipping, where do you get inventory" etc
I know this is an old thread but I am wondering if the OP is here and what the outcome was? Experiencing something similar - asking for public records type stuff rather than just standard address, name, DOB etc.
Old 02-13-2019

Longevity: 31%

This happened to me yesterday. I called with my stealth phone for the account. They could not figure out why I had a hold and then they realized it is because I logged in from a different IP... They sent a text with a code to my phone, once I confirmed the code I got my account back up....
Old 02-14-2019

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrozilla View Post
I know this is an old thread but I am wondering if the OP is here and what the outcome was? Experiencing something similar - asking for public records type stuff rather than just standard address, name, DOB etc.
Make sure your account is PayPal verified! Link your verified paypal to the eBay one.
It happened to me and I guessed all the information with one rep who couldn't help.
I called in again and got a different rep and I pointed out to her that the Paypal was linked and verified..that got it to push through.. I played dumb too (the rep asked me why i was on a VPN and i said i don't know what that is, the kids set my computer up- i dont have kids but you know act like a old man that knows nothing about technology)
Old 02-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

One of tho things that most likely triggers this:

1) Your IP address.
2) The type of phone # on the account.
Old 02-24-2019

I had this happen. I did not verify the paypal and I used google voice. I was using IP burger. It was an experiment
Old 02-24-2019

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by president89 View Post
I had this happen. I did not verify the paypal and I used google voice. I was using IP burger. It was an experiment
well, what was the outcome?
Old 02-24-2019

I haven't tried to progress it yet. I spent $10 on the IP, and that's it. So I may just get a new IP and then try another method.
Old 02-25-2019

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by president89 View Post
I haven't tried to progress it yet. I spent $10 on the IP, and that's it. So I may just get a new IP and then try another method.
You won't call them? LOL.... Its so easy.