eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   How easy to set up new buyer account? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/107732-how-easy-set-up-new-buyer-account.html)

hani20 05-25-2017 08:22 PM

How easy to set up new buyer account?

How easy is it to create a new ebay and paypal account, and buy high value items ($500-2000) without getting asked for documents?

Let's say I set up new ebay & paypal, and use a credit card of my own. And the billing address and shipping address is going to be different.

Will ebay or paypal limit the account right after I place my order?

SaiJin 05-25-2017 08:57 PM

Re: How easy to set up new buyer account?

Congrats on becoming a member here!

eBay recently has laxed down a little bit for sellers. But Buyer's accounts tend to generally be left alone.

So as long as the accounts are verified, there shouldn't be a problem.

dallis 05-27-2017 09:17 AM

You buy, you pay, why would they bother you?

Buyers are gods on EB, not going to be an issue.

Only sellers get any scrutiny at all.

Of course, EB SWEARS they're going to start doing something about bad buyers.... this December, or was it next January, or maybe someday in 2020...

AZ bans buyers after 200 returns in a single year. They're tough, you know? Not like EB.

SaiJin 05-27-2017 09:27 AM

Dallis: 200? How did you know this?

From what I've seen it's a lot lower number than that.

dallis 05-28-2017 07:08 AM

A couple of years back there was an article on one of the online trade sites, I think it may have been ecommercebytes, talking about it.

It may BE lower, but it's crazy high any way you look at it.

GreenBean 05-28-2017 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hani20 (Post 849199)
How easy is it to create a new ebay and paypal account, and buy high value items ($500-2000) without getting asked for documents?

Let's say I set up new ebay & paypal, and use a credit card of my own. And the billing address and shipping address is going to be different.

Will ebay or paypal limit the account right after I place my order?

Not the best method to use your own credit card.

There is no way to say what ebay/PayPal will do.

Even as a buyer you face being checked.

Are you going to on sell these high end items?

:spy:

dallis 05-28-2017 10:07 PM

He said he's only going to buy, not sell. :)

GreenBean 05-28-2017 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 849712)
He said he's only going to buy, not sell. :)

And you know what he is going to do.
He never said "only buy" but merely "buy".

Let the OP expand on what he is going to actually do.

It pertains on how he should create a buyer's account.

:ranger:

XTC4ME 05-29-2017 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 849469)

AZ bans buyers after 200 returns in a single year. They're tough, you know? Not like EB.

I don't know about that. Amazon will ban for returns but I'm sure it has more to do with percentage of sales returned. I have Amazon accounts that I've done hundreds of returns on, far surpassing 200 in a year. But I've also done 15,000 sales so overall the return ratio isn't crazy.

hani20 05-29-2017 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 849469)
You buy, you pay, why would they bother you?

Buyers are gods on EB, not going to be an issue.

Only sellers get any scrutiny at all.

Of course, EB SWEARS they're going to start doing something about bad buyers.... this December, or was it next January, or maybe someday in 2020...

They might ask for verification documents and IDs, which can be a hassle due to the nature of stealth accounts.

I cannot imagine any online business these days, will just allow a buyer to just sign up, and use the credit card to buy a $800 item, without any kind of verification. Way too many stolen credit cards flying around on the dark market these days for such low security.

If you are brand new on let's say Amazon, they will typically suspend your account and ask you to fax (yes, fax) them your bank statement. I imagine eBay and PayPal likely do similar, which is why I am asking about that.

And by the way, no, Amazon never ban after 200 returns you would be banned way way before that. Even 20 is too much. It depends on the value, frequency, and percentage.

hani20 05-29-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 849720)
And you know what he is going to do.
He never said "only buy" but merely "buy".

Let the OP expand on what he is going to actually do.

It pertains on how he should create a buyer's account.

:ranger:

Yes only interested in setting up buyer accounts at the moment.

It wouldn't make sense otherwise because setting up seller account and buyer account are all the same procedures. No point setting a dual purpose account.

hani20 05-29-2017 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 849590)
Not the best method to use your own credit card.

There is no way to say what ebay/PayPal will do.

Even as a buyer you face being checked.

Are you going to on sell these high end items?

:spy:

Not my own credit card? What that supposed to mean? I am not carding, so I kinda have to use my own CC...

Anyways what kind of scrutiny will I face as a new buyer? Can I just set up new eBay and PayPal, verify NOTHING (or maybe a SMS verification, which I can do), and just use my CC to buy a high value item? Will I get suspended right way and get asked for documents/IDs?

dallis 05-30-2017 10:48 AM

You can use a VBA or gift card.

I've bought tens of thousands of dollars of stuff on EB yearly, nobody ever asks for documents.

Nor has Amazon ever asked for anything after tens of thousands of dollars of purchases.

Amazon asked for you a bank statement to purchase on their site? I find that hard to imagine.

Just curious - has anyone else on this forum ever had to give Amazon a bank statement in order to PURCHASE there?