Gift cards not allowed on ebay anymore? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-28-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

hopefully not but there will always be a new way around it. I'm confused tho. are they suspending accounts for using a gift card or are they just saying you have to go through a few more verification steps?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-28-2007
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Talking to their livehelp was mistake #1. Never contact ebay for anything, ever. It just puts you in their crosshairs. If you have a problem with someone take it up with them directly.

I knew this would happen someday. This forum is not a secret. "They" are watching.
Actually I don't think talking to their live help makes things any worse since it is always my last resource. Believe it or not I had an account reinstated once through their live help. Plus if you persist and ask enough times you will always get some useful bit of info from them.
Old 08-28-2007
Threadstarter  

I think something like this was coming, nothing to do about it. I tried different gift cards in different accounts and they all came back declined. It is not a zip code or name problem, the problem is the card. Apparently they are no good either for opening new account or paying fees. Still, I only tried all access cards that start with 4007, it would be nice to know if someone got a different card to work in the last day or so.
Old 08-28-2007

I just think, this forum is becoming so popular and dependable that ebay loves it! We are letting the cat out of the bag with the who, what, when , how! I guess we should find a way to go underground! Anyone has any ideas how to do this?
Old 08-28-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Talking to their livehelp was mistake #1. Never contact ebay for anything, ever. It just puts you in their crosshairs. If you have a problem with someone take it up with them directly.

I knew this would happen someday. This forum is not a secret. "They" are watching.
Thats why I dont tell on here what I use to set up accounts. That person should have never contacted ebay about anything
Old 08-28-2007

I used a gift card recently and had no problems with ebay.

Just read that paypal sees the gift card BIN and wont let you verify?
Old 08-28-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
I doubt EBAY is trolling this forum. I mean, we have like - what, fifty active members? They could care less about what fifty people are doing. And if they are spending time looking here they are truly pathetic.
You are forgetting THEY ARE PATHETIC!!!
Old 08-28-2007

I don't know, I just googled ebay suspension and this site came up NO. 1 for me.
Believe me the scums have people sitting in chairs cross checking PO addresses they can sure google ebay suspensions.
Old 08-29-2007

Longevity: 99%

I got my account up and running so far so good I have 1 and half days left on my auction. Before they will ban you in at the 3rd day if you list for 3 day they ban you the same day. I have setup with visa simon....
sheit take that back I have 2 days and 22 hours...
Old 08-29-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Thats why I dont tell on here what I use to set up accounts. That person should have never contacted ebay about anything
I was sharing some info with others who have been kind enough to help me out in the past, that's why I started this thread. To even think that ebay banned GC because I talked to their live help is so dumb I really don't know what to say.
Old 08-29-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuerva86 View Post
I was sharing some info with others who have been kind enough to help me out in the past, that's why I started this thread. To even think that ebay banned GC because I talked to their live help is so dumb I really don't know what to say.
because the people they hire are off the streets dont know WTF they are talking LOL.....
Old 08-29-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 97%

i just add one today with paypal without any problems.
Old 08-29-2007

I set up a PP and EB acct over the weekend with the GC.
As I recall EB offered 3 ways to pay for seller fees, CC, PP and Bank Account.
Even if EB stops taking GC's and PP continues can't we just set up PP account using the GC's and the select PP as preferred method to pay EB seller fees.

Also, a lot of people seem to be having problems using the GC's to start a new seller account. I found out that although you can use the GC to buy things locally, if you want to use it online (and that includes using it to register with EB) you have to go to the simon site and enter your data in.

MAKE SURE THAT YOU USE THE SAME DATA AS YOU DID TO REGISTER YOUR EB ACCT!)
Old 08-29-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

So this is just a Simon thing?
Old 08-29-2007

I just tried to register a new account with a simon card, which was accepted, but then it asked for my bank account info.

This didn't happen a week ago when I tried the same thing. Really pisses my off.
Sound familiar to anyone?
Old 08-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
On NEW accounts, EBAY has always asked for a bank acount when it asks for a credit card. It always asks for both, or neither.
I beg to differ because I set up a new account within the last week and all I had to provide was a CC. When it asked how I wanted to pay my seller fees I had the option of CC, PP or bank account. If they had always asked for a bank account how would any of us get back of because they want the acct #, name and statement address. A lot harder to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ that than a phony address on a GC and web-based email.

Setting up a new bank acct was not something I ever read in any of the how-to-get-back-on-EB posts here.

They are totally inconsistent. The registration process was different from a week ago...in the past I have noticed that when I list an item for sale sometimes I can make it a private auction and sometimes I can't...there is zero consistency. Someone recently posted they opened a seller accout without even a CC.

If I give them the bank info will they actually check the name? The rest of the info I provided was the legit info of a friend of mine who wants me to sell a ton of his stuff. Maybe now that the account is registered (to buy at least) I'll let it sit and get its 30 days in and then I'll convince him to open a checking account long enough to enter the info and then close the thing.

Any more thoughts?
Old 08-30-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy View Post
I set up a PP and EB acct over the weekend with the GC.
As I recall EB offered 3 ways to pay for seller fees, CC, PP and Bank Account.
Even if EB stops taking GC's and PP continues can't we just set up PP account using the GC's and the select PP as preferred method to pay EB seller fees.

Also, a lot of people seem to be having problems using the GC's to start a new seller account. I found out that although you can use the GC to buy things locally, if you want to use it online (and that includes using it to register with EB) you have to go to the simon site and enter your data in.

MAKE SURE THAT YOU USE THE SAME DATA AS YOU DID TO REGISTER YOUR EB ACCT!)
If I recall, can you pay your fees the old fashioned way...mail them a money order? Laborious and time consuming but gets the job done.
Old 08-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by whome View Post
If I recall, can you pay your fees the old fashioned way...mail them a money order? Laborious and time consuming but gets the job done.
I believe that I have read that elsewhere, but what about the bank account info?
Old 08-30-2007

Some people have to provide bank info some don't. I don't want to jinx it, but I've never had to provide it. Don't know why.
Old 08-30-2007

Quote:
Some people have to provide bank info some don't. I don't want to jinx it, but I've never had to provide it. Don't know why.
Almost all the procedure was the same except the one a week ago was an aol addy and the last one was gmail.

I've got like 10 available through sbc (I've never used an SBC at EB)
would they feel more secure if I were to set up one of those and register with it rather than a web-based service?
I know in years gone by they were much more liberal in what they would allow if you signed up with a not-web-based email...didn't require as much info or make you jump through as many hoops.
Old 08-30-2007

Went back and used a slightly different route to get to entering the seller fees information and the second account is now up and running without entering the bank account info.

Anyone know if once I have this set up and a minimal balance in it can I cash out the card? How long does that card need to have funds in it?

Can I just register with it and then work everything with the PP balance.

Right now I have over $50 tied up in the 2 cards and I could really use a tank of gas until the EB revenue starts to flow again.
Old 09-02-2007

anyone tried to set up a seller acct in the last 24 hours using a CG? update please are they still working or no?