eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Unfair grace period "Case closed without seller resolution" (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/108445-unfair-grace-period-case-closed-without-seller-resolution.html)

alicialoh04237 06-25-2017 10:50 PM

Unfair grace period "Case closed without seller resolution"

Yesterday I received an open case due to item not received. However to my surprise this buyer was able to escalate it to eBay on the same day and eBay closed the case in buyer's favor on the same day too! I read the eBay help page saying buyer and seller will have 3 working days before asking eBay to step in. This is frustrating since I didnt get a chance to address this case. Will it affect my seller performance, so far it didnt shows up my seller dashboard. Thanks!

james13v 06-25-2017 11:28 PM

Re: Unfair grace period "Case closed without seller resolution"

Quote:

Originally Posted by alicialoh04237 (Post 854581)
Yesterday I received an open case due to item not received. However to my surprise this buyer was able to escalate it to eBay on the same day and eBay closed the case in buyer's favor on the same day too! I read the eBay help page saying buyer and seller will have 3 working days before asking eBay to step in. This is frustrating since I didnt get a chance to address this case. Will it affect my seller performance, so far it didnt shows up my seller dashboard. Thanks!

It's a new thing they are doing. If tracking shows no movement for awhile, they close it out against you right away. And yes, it will most definitely affect your seller performance.

NO way to protect yourself. You have to look at every package and make sure each and every single one of them is delivered. If any shows no movement, that person can open a case, that if you don't refund RIGHT AWAY, will be closed against you.

alicialoh04237 06-26-2017 03:31 AM

:faint: something new lately again? This is unacceptable because it was opened, escalated and closed on the same day (within an hour time frame). I didnt even have the opportunity to read the emails and to address the problem or refund. Has anyone else experiencing this or it's come glitch by eBay system. Maybe write them an email to notify this?

If they are really doing this everyone will be dead very soon.

dallis 06-26-2017 05:24 AM

"Unacceptable"?

EB's been doing this for quite some time. It's happened to me as well. Nothing you can do about it.

If you want to sell on EB, you've just got to live with it.

tattedupmike 06-26-2017 07:09 AM

yeah I had 2 people do it in to my old account. Instantly destroyed my defect rate.

SaiJin 06-26-2017 10:09 AM

You are in singapore and I'm assuming you are shipping to USA?

So the distance and time alone makes it riskier for you.

And yes, Ive had this happen to me too where they bought and on day 5 they opened and escalated a dispute.

kirkland 06-28-2017 11:47 AM

Since when have they been doing this? My last few INR cases I've had a couple days to respond... this is insanity if it's true

newjerseymax 06-28-2017 01:28 PM

There are some apps in ebay apps center, such as 'Aftership', that will notify you if item is beyond delivery date, so maybe you can get ahead of problem

james13v 06-28-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirkland (Post 855034)
Since when have they been doing this? My last few INR cases I've had a couple days to respond... this is insanity if it's true

it only counts for cases where the tracking hasn't shown info for a few weeks.

sluster2016 06-30-2017 05:18 PM

I think you replied on my posts as well, i had same problem, after i refund her. do i just void the shipping label? I would like some of my money back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 855073)
it only counts for cases where the tracking hasn't shown info for a few weeks.

james13v 07-01-2017 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sluster2016 (Post 855522)
I think you replied on my posts as well, i had same problem, after i refund her. do i just void the shipping label? I would like some of my money back.

Too late to void shipping label at this point. Maybe the post office would be willing to do something. MAYBE

james13v 07-05-2017 10:35 AM

Apparently this is a big deal, and IS in fact supposed to be a glitch. From some of my ebay insiders, they are having a lot of problems with this and are trying to figure out a solution. You'd think in the mean time, they'd try to help their sellers deal with THEIR mistake.... But no.