Ebay question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-01-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Ebay question

Sorry I'm new and any help would be appreciated. So me and a friend are planning to sell on ebay but he has been banned on ebay and paypal. So he can't open an account, will I be banned if we both use my ebay? Another thing I'm not sure on is can I add a new paypal to my ebay account or will that raise flags? Any help would be appreciated.

So here is stuff I think we need and if anyone could help me or give some advice it would be much appreciated. Thanks for looking at my thread.

-(Ebay account) using my personal account for now, unless its a bad idea.
-Buy a paypal stealth account and link it to my ebay account. again unless a bad idea.
-VPN or some way for us to both be able to access the ebay and paypal without getting caught.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-01-2017

Longevity: 73%
Default Re: Ebay question

You didn't give the status of YOUR account. How would they know if you are both using it?

However...

Never reuse the same info.

You can't link new accounts to old ones.

You'll need a new EB PP pair.

Is it really a good idea to go in with somebody who's already been banned?
Old 07-01-2017

Longevity: 44%

If you and your friend are constantly logging in from different IP's I would expect it to trigger a limit. Why dont you both share a Dedicated Proxy. I would personally just obtain a VPS and access the eBay/PayPal accounts through that, this way its the same browser, OS, time, cookies, IP, etc..

Ensure your partner has covered his tracks, because if he logs into your account on his setup he may well be linked to his old account.
Old 07-01-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
You didn't give the status of YOUR account. How would they know if you are both using it?

However...

Never reuse the same info.

You can't link new accounts to old ones.

You'll need a new EB PP pair.

Is it really a good idea to go in with somebody who's already been banned?
Sorry my account is in good standing. no bad marks or anything 100% feedback with 94 feedback. had my account at for 1 year no bad marks. we are going to be doing legit business on ebay. selling things that we own not dropshipping or virtual products. sports memorabila related. thanks for your help I guess best route is new eb/pp pair and a VPN. thanks
Old 07-01-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK81 View Post
If you and your friend are constantly logging in from different IP's I would expect it to trigger a limit. Why dont you both share a Dedicated Proxy. I would personally just obtain a VPS and access the eBay/PayPal accounts through that, this way its the same browser, OS, time, cookies, IP, etc..

Ensure your partner has covered his tracks, because if he logs into your account on his setup he may well be linked to his old account.
yes me and my friend would be logging in from different ips. Ok so the best thing we could do is obtain a VPS and only access the eb/pp pair through the VPN. yes my partner has since moved from being banned and got a new computer. I will make sure to express how important it is that he never access his old eb/pp pair ever or else we get linked and flagged.
Old 07-02-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljarvan View Post
yes me and my friend would be logging in from different ips. Ok so the best thing we could do is obtain a VPS and only access the eb/pp pair through the VPN. yes my partner has since moved from being banned and got a new computer. I will make sure to express how important it is that he never access his old eb/pp pair ever or else we get linked and flagged.
The VPS is the VPN, get a VPS situated in the same country that your PayPal is in. From there, install VNC and just connect to the box to handle all eBay/PayPal transactions.

Think of it like this, its a computer, just like you have. But its located in a datacenter somewhere in the world that both you and your friend can connect to and control remotely.

Same cookies, IP, metadata, everything. A LOT safer than accessing it from two different computers constantly, I am certain of that.
Old 07-02-2017

Longevity: 79%

Quote:

What's constantly logging in from different IP's, have to do with triggering anything exactly?
Old 07-02-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
What's constantly logging in from different IP's, have to do with triggering anything exactly?
Lets say OP's friend lives in Manchester, and OP lives in London. Both different ISP's, with different Operating Systems, Browsers and cookies.

Eventually, this will either cause;

- A forced password reset.

Or..

This limit, mark my words. That is the best case scenario, what happens if his friend accidentally links himself to an old limited account? What if the OP accidentally links himself?

So many things can go wrong, its about minimising that risk.
Old 07-02-2017

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Lets say OP's friend lives in Manchester, and OP lives in London. Both different ISP's, with different Operating Systems, Browsers and cookies.

Eventually, this will either cause;

- A forced password reset.

Or..

This limit, mark my words. That is the best case scenario, what happens if his friend accidentally links himself to an old limited account? What if the OP accidentally links himself?

So many things can go wrong, its about minimising that risk.
well... login in from two completely different countries, might do something.

But, my IP address is constantly changing, and not once, ever, at all, have I had a problem because of it.

As far as accidentally linking. Well, yeah, that can always happen. But there is no reason to say someone needs a VPN because their IP constantly changing will get them limited.
Old 07-02-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
well... login in from two completely different countries, might do something.

But, my IP address is constantly changing, and not once, ever, at all, have I had a problem because of it.

As far as accidentally linking. Well, yeah, that can always happen. But there is no reason to say someone needs a VPN because their IP constantly changing will get them limited.
Logging in from multiple cities, across multiple IP's/ISP's on different devices will cause either a limit or forced password reset. Its all about staying under the radar. I can guarantee you that.

You may think, what about business's, businessmen that do this? Granted, but a lot have the same device/laptop/phone which means there is a constant stream of metadata. Those huge business's well, they can get away with it because they are not small, insignificant individuals like most of us are.
Old 07-02-2017

Longevity: 73%

Sports memorabilia is a high risk category.
Old 07-02-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Sports memorabilia is a high risk category.
Also a very good point.