A couple of questions regarding payment holds - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-02-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Cool A couple of questions regarding payment holds

I made my first sale from an Ebay account on 7 April and then refunded the customer about a month later as he returned the item for a refund.

I did not make another sale until recently, so does this sale (later refunded) still count as a sale and get counted in the 90 days PayPal policy in order to lift the 21 days holds?

I made an account a few years back, started selling legit items on it about 2 years ago with over 20-100% feedbacks then I stopped using the account as my supplier disappeared. The account had no selling limits and I don't recall it to have the 21 payments hold either. But now that I've started selling on it again since April I have 100/$1000 limit on it and funds from sales are being held by PayPal for 21 days.

I have sold about 6 items and received all positive feedbacks and now I'm sitting at 26-100% feedback on this account but the 21 hold is still active. Should I call them to get my selling limits increased and to remove the 21 days hold? Or is it too soon and I should wait to get more sales/month before asking for limits increments?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-02-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: A couple of questions regarding payment holds

You can try to call them, but it is easier to accept the fact that holds normal with Paypal. If you don't like holds on your ebay, provide tracking # to release funds quicker.
Old 07-02-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
You can try to call them, but it is easier to accept the fact that holds normal with Paypal. If you don't like holds on your ebay, provide tracking # to release funds quicker.
Thanks for replying.

I've already provided tracking numbers for my recent 6 sales and even got positive feedbacks on all of them, yet I'm getting 21 days hold on payments.
Old 07-02-2017

Longevity: 51%

the hold indicates the level of risk and trust paypal regards with your payment. the lowest payments seldom get hold as opposed to higher payments. With time and customer satisfaction the hold disappears, but sometimes ebay just change their mind despite the old and let you have the funds sooner. It also depends on the country you have set up your paypal. us accounts generally dont hold payments alot,
Old 07-03-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@munr, on which platform are you operating? pp.com or...?
Old 07-03-2017

Longevity: 73%

You can probably get your limits increased, but you won't be able to do anything about the holds, as you've been told, they're just a part of life when dealing with PP.
Old 07-03-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

I'm assuming these accounts are USA based. If you haven't sold anything for a while, and depending on the items, yes, 50.50 you'll get those holds.

It shouldn't be an issue, as long as you have tracking, shipped asap etc.
Usually after 30 days the hold will fall off.

Granted you didn't get any kind of issues with buyers
Old 07-03-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwoty View Post
It also depends on the country you have set up your paypal. us accounts generally dont hold payments alot,
I have 5 other PP accounts of the same country with 1-5 sales each and there were no holds on these accounts.
Old 07-03-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@munr, on which platform are you operating? pp.com or...?
Sorry didn't really understand your question. Are you asking which country PP am I using? If so then this particular PP and Ebay is Canadian based.

Any advice?
Old 07-03-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
You can probably get your limits increased, but you won't be able to do anything about the holds, as you've been told, they're just a part of life when dealing with PP.
I know that PP sometimes put's hold on ebay payments but that was not my question. I asked two things summarized as:

Is it considered a sale ( to count 90 days from first sale ) if you issue a refund to a buyer?

Will the PP holds lift 90 days after first sale if I have 25 sales with 100% feedback and no chargebacks? Meaning the account is in good standing.

I'll appreciate if someone can answer these specific questions instead of giving a general advice.
Old 07-03-2017
Threadstarter  

Cool Re: A couple of questions regarding payment holds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
I'm assuming these accounts are USA based. If you haven't sold anything for a while, and depending on the items, yes, 50.50 you'll get those holds.

It shouldn't be an issue, as long as you have tracking, shipped asap etc.
Usually after 30 days the hold will fall off.

Granted you didn't get any kind of issues with buyers
1 US and 1 Canadian account.

All sales have positive feedback already.

So it's 30 days from first sale or 90 days? Keep in mind this account has selling history but more than a year ago.
Old 07-04-2017

It's a sale, but it doesn't matter, it doesn't count towards anything. If anything a refunded sale is a problem not a plus.

What we're all trying to tell you, is you have 26 sales and 1 refund. You seem to have the idea that after 90 days and x number of sales and *zing* no more holds!

We're all telling you it doesn't work that way. Time and sales and trouble are factors, but so are what you sell, price point, shipping time, cases, and lots of other things.

Some people never have their holds removed. Sometimes PP institutes holds after an account is years old.

My guess is nothing is going to change for a while. Try to relax and be more flexible, there's some things in life you just can't do anything about.
Old 07-04-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It's a sale, but it doesn't matter, it doesn't count towards anything. If anything a refunded sale is a problem not a plus.

What we're all trying to tell you, is you have 26 sales and 1 refund. You seem to have the idea that after 90 days and x number of sales and *zing* no more holds!

We're all telling you it doesn't work that way. Time and sales and trouble are factors, but so are what you sell, price point, shipping time, cases, and lots of other things.

Some people never have their holds removed. Sometimes PP institutes holds after an account is years old.

My guess is nothing is going to change for a while. Try to relax and be more flexible, there's some things in life you just can't do anything about.
I can't link to the threads but I've read that you need to age your new accounts atleast 90 days from first sale and have 25 positive feedbacks to lift 21 days hold. The same was mentioned somewhere on Ebay as well thus my inquiry in this regards.

But if you guys are saying that's not true then I'll take your word for it and just age the account with slow n steady sales, let's see what happens.

Thanks
Old 07-04-2017

The Guide says 90 days, and PP says 90 days, but they have some verbiage there, like this:

After 90 days from your first successful sale, you will no longer be considered a new seller on eBay, and your PayPal payments will no longer be subject to new seller holds. (PayPal may continue to evaluate your account to determine if future payments will be held or not. Visit PayPal for complete details of PayPal holds policies.

Note the part which says: "PP may... evaluate your account to determine if future payments will be held."

I think it's fair to say if you have lots of claims and chargebacks or big ticket items or high risk items or slow shipping or complaints are going to effect the holds policy, so hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
Old 07-05-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
The Guide says 90 days, and PP says 90 days, but they have some verbiage there, like this:

After 90 days from your first successful sale, you will no longer be considered a new seller on eBay, and your PayPal payments will no longer be subject to new seller holds. (PayPal may continue to evaluate your account to determine if future payments will be held or not. Visit PayPal for complete details of PayPal holds policies.

Note the part which says: "PP may... evaluate your account to determine if future payments will be held."

I think it's fair to say if you have lots of claims and chargebacks or big ticket items or high risk items or slow shipping or complaints are going to effect the holds policy, so hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
I understand all you are saying and my enquiry was simply to find out if anyone here has had success with removing these holds after 90 days of selling first item and having a good selling history throughout that period with 25 positive feedbacks. Guess it depends account to account basis just everything else.

Thanks for your replies guys.