eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Is eBay/Paypal using this to link accounts? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/109565-ebay-paypal-using-link-accounts.html)

CamaroSS 08-08-2017 10:58 PM

Is eBay/Paypal using this to link accounts?

So today I logged into one of my stealth accounts via my MacBook. I tether wirelessly through my Verizon iPhone. I noticed that one of the ads ebay was displaying was for GMC trucks. I've been browsing for GMC trucks on my iPhone lately because I'm looking to buy one. I've never browsed for GMC trucks on this MacBook Pro user account so my only guess is that GMC is using retargeting ads on eBay to keep that shiny new truck in my face lol.

1st question is how are they sending the information/cookies from my phone to my computer through only tethering? This is genius! Anyone involved with paid advertising knows this is gold. I know how it works through email and social media but this is next level!

2nd and most importantly is..... now I'm worried about my ebay stealth accounts. I use my phone to tether to all my accounts. I've had no linking issues but this is also the first time I've noticed an ad like this. Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaiJin 08-08-2017 11:10 PM

Re: Is eBay/Paypal using this to link accounts?

I think once is ok.

If you tether with your iPhone often, I suggest you wipe the cookies and history from your phone each time to grab a new IP before you tether.

This should take care of the linking.

BTW, I notice that you have a VIP membership but not the stealth guide.
I recommend you getting the guide so you know a lot more, plus getting the guide also gives you a VIP subsciption for 6 mo free.

dallis 08-09-2017 08:37 AM

All your apple devices are tied together through icloud and your apple account, so that you have that 'seamless' experience thing.

So the advertising transfers as well.

Generally speaking the advertising is through a 3rd party, not through EB, so it probably won't link/track you as such.

CamaroSS 08-09-2017 04:32 PM

You can only wipe Safari cookies. I'm unaware of a way to clear cookies from other browsers. Let me know if you know a way.

I'm a lifetime VIP because I took advantage one of Aspkin's services. I'm pretty good at stealth. I've just never encountered this issue before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk