eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Possible PayPal Dispute, Will I Be Able to Win HELP (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/109596-possible-paypal-dispute-will-i-able-win-help.html)

Gammzy98 08-09-2017 09:07 PM

Possible PayPal Dispute, Will I Be Able to Win HELP

I sold an item on eBay with my stealth account over 3 months ago. I received a message today from the buyer saying the item is damaged. He admitted to damaging/breaking it in the message he sent me. Obviously it is past the 30 day return from eBay, but I am sure he will attempt to open up a PayPal dispute (since it is stupid 180 days now). Is there any chance I could win this case if the messages in eBay prove that he was at fault? Basically the item is useless and would have to take a loss on the item. Any advice would be appreciate thanks!

MM78 08-09-2017 09:11 PM

Re: Possible PayPal Dispute, Will I Be Able to Win HELP

Well you can definitely expect them to try....otherwise why would they contact you about it being broken? If you have the message saved I would take a screenshot of that specific message and have it ready if they do open a case.

dallis 08-10-2017 09:08 AM

If they messaged you through EB email you MIGHT win this one, but you'll have to talk to a rep live and get them to look at the message and manually close it.

Gammzy98 08-10-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 864472)
If they messaged you through EB email you MIGHT win this one, but you'll have to talk to a rep live and get them to look at the message and manually close it.

Thanks for the reply! They threatened on eBay talking about they will get their money back via Paypal or credit card chargeback. I don't think paypal has live chat to explain, which means I would have to call in with my stealth phone and explain the situation? Or is it just easier to tell them to ship it back and I will give a refund? This is why I hate paypal...

FIRST 08-10-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 864342)
Well you can definitely expect them to try....otherwise why would they contact you about it being broken? If you have the message saved I would take a screenshot of that specific message and have it ready if they do open a case.

Hello
In my opinion you are an experienced salesman and I want to ask you a question
Did you start with such questions and how did you get out of them? :)

FIRST 08-10-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gammzy98 (Post 864341)
I sold an item on eBay with my stealth account over 3 months ago. I received a message today from the buyer saying the item is damaged. He admitted to damaging/breaking it in the message he sent me. Obviously it is past the 30 day return from eBay, but I am sure he will attempt to open up a PayPal dispute (since it is stupid 180 days now). Is there any chance I could win this case if the messages in eBay prove that he was at fault? Basically the item is useless and would have to take a loss on the item. Any advice would be appreciate thanks!

MM78 - Gave you good advice. I think that's what you should do.
Describe what came of it then