eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Converting PayPals and Avoiding Linking - PLEASE HELP (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/109597-converting-paypals-avoiding-linking-please-help.html)

missnaseem 08-09-2017 10:00 PM

Converting PayPals and Avoiding Linking - PLEASE HELP

Hey guys!

Like many of you here, I've built up my ebays and stealths and have had alot of them end up shutting down due to random things here and there.
I talked to a friend about it, and they ended up letting me make an account in their name to use.

Now this is where the problem comes in,
the friend and I are no longer friends, and I've yet to confirm any info on the PayPal regarding personal info, but trying to prepare for before they ask for anything from me.

I'm wondering, if I switch the PayPal to a business account, and switch the PayPal info to my name and a new address, would ebay still be able to link me to my old accounts that have been closed?
This is a new ebay, and new PayPal, everything brand new, so is it possible?
Any input would be greatly greatly appreciated. Trying to figure out how to go about all this the right way, and how to avoid PayPal ever asking for my now ex friends info the verify the account and then having a bunch of funds stuck in there

MM78 08-09-2017 10:43 PM

Re: Converting PayPals and Avoiding Linking - PLEASE HELP

Quote:

Originally Posted by missnaseem (Post 864348)
Now this is where the problem comes in, the friend and I are no longer friends

Let me stop you right there........just leave it alone, seriously....We tell people daily, hourly not to use friends and family info, if you aren't friends with this person then you should leave that PayPal alone.

Quote:

switch the PayPal info to my name and a new address
There's no such thing as changing the name.....

If this ex-friend finds out you used his info, he can potentially call the police or paypal and tell them you have committed identity theft.

missnaseem 08-10-2017 01:59 AM

I was given permission by the friend to make the account in their name, and they even made the account with me.

What do you suggest I do with the current account on eBay and PayPal?
Should I make a new PayPal with my info and just do a new address? even though my previous eBay was closed?

Or walk away from both completely?

dallis 08-10-2017 09:06 AM

Don't do this, walk away and start over.

You can't change the name.

There's no worse enemy than a ticked-off ex, be it wife or friend, don't expose yourself to potential legal issues.