eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Vero Questions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/109763-vero-questions.html)

halookick 08-16-2017 12:01 AM

Vero Questions

I wanted to list big brand accessories, all authentic. Will I be hit with a vero notice, and does eBay operate similar to Amazon, to were if you have verified invoices they will allow you to sell ?

mcnol012 08-16-2017 12:10 AM

Re: Vero Questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by halookick (Post 865703)
I wanted to list big brand accessories, all authentic. Will I be hit with a vero notice, and does eBay operate similar to Amazon, to were if you have verified invoices they will allow you to sell ?

If it's new account, then I dont recommend you do that

vettefever17 08-16-2017 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halookick (Post 865703)

It is a game of roulette. But eventually, the bots will find you and smoke you with a violation.

As for your invoice question, ebay usually will vero you first and the email is a generated email with no return address. I'm sure people here have found a way to sell verified, but it is a huge headache and sometimes not do-able.

halookick 08-16-2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vettefever17 (Post 865717)
It is a game of roulette. But eventually, the bots will find you and smoke you with a violation.

As for your invoice question, ebay usually will vero you first and the email is a generated email with no return address. I'm sure people here have found a way to sell verified, but it is a huge headache and sometimes not do-able.

If you are a authorized distributor, Amazon is actually better ?

MM78 08-16-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halookick (Post 865795)
If you are a authorized distributor, Amazon is actually better ?

Probably if you can provide all the documents Amazon will ask for....

dallis 08-16-2017 11:06 AM

Why do this? Pick something else.

If you're a distributor or legit seller of branded property it wouldn't even be a question, so you're obviously not, so it'll just be trouble.

halookick 08-16-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 865802)
Why do this? Pick something else.

If you're a distributor or legit seller of branded property it wouldn't even be a question, so you're obviously not, so it'll just be trouble.

Never said I was, I asked a question. We have authorized invoices from these companies.

dallis 08-17-2017 08:05 PM

Authorized invoices... I'm not even clear what that means in these terms.

If you were a licensed distributor authorized to resell specific branded products you wouldn't ask the question at all.

I've been a licensed distributor and retailer of various branded products. You either are or you aren't. No middle ground.

And resale is something covered when they grant distribution and resale rights, it's a part of what you pay for and often pay royalties on. In most cases it's a long and arduous and extremely expensive process.

So, no, you're going to get hammered.

And if I were a rights holder who paid dearly for those rights and jumped through endless hoops and was paying sky-high royalties I'd be the first one hammering you down to protect my own investment.

rsot 08-17-2017 08:17 PM

Protect the investment - protect the brand.

halookick 08-21-2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 866143)
Authorized invoices... I'm not even clear what that means in these terms.

If you were a licensed distributor authorized to resell specific branded products you wouldn't ask the question at all.

I've been a licensed distributor and retailer of various branded products. You either are or you aren't. No middle ground.

And resale is something covered when they grant distribution and resale rights, it's a part of what you pay for and often pay royalties on. In most cases it's a long and arduous and extremely expensive process.

So, no, you're going to get hammered.

And if I were a rights holder who paid dearly for those rights and jumped through endless hoops and was paying sky-high royalties I'd be the first one hammering you down to protect my own investment.

Authorized invoice means invoices showing the product was purchase DIRECTLY from the brand. This is what I mean.

toml3030 08-21-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halookick (Post 866775)
Authorized invoice means invoices showing the product was purchase DIRECTLY from the brand. This is what I mean.

If you're not an authorized reseller, you can still get a VERO violation if brand notifies eBay.

dallis 08-22-2017 08:10 AM

Meaningless. You get that when you buy at a store/outlet, it's called a 'sales receipt'.

I stand behind my previous point, if you have to ask, ( and it seems you do have to ask ) you aren't a licensed distributor or authorized reseller and if you sell more than one or two you're done, DOA, finished, toast.

Slice it, dice it, put whipped cream and a cherry on top and call it anything you like, pretend all you want, you're NOT licensed to re-sell.

They may or may not get you right away, but your days will be numbered. The more you sell the shorter a time you'll last.

cool25 08-22-2017 10:04 AM

Since its new account you have to wait till 2/3 months. Other wise its to much risky

halookick 08-23-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 866952)
Meaningless. You get that when you buy at a store/outlet, it's called a 'sales receipt'.

I stand behind my previous point, if you have to ask, ( and it seems you do have to ask ) you aren't a licensed distributor or authorized reseller and if you sell more than one or two you're done, DOA, finished, toast.

Slice it, dice it, put whipped cream and a cherry on top and call it anything you like, pretend all you want, you're NOT licensed to re-sell.

They may or may not get you right away, but your days will be numbered. The more you sell the shorter a time you'll last.

I know the difference. I received a "Invoice" from the brand which is dated, signed and confirmed, not a "sales receipt". Didn't purchase from a store/outlet.

halookick 08-23-2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool25 (Post 866979)
Since its new account you have to wait till 2/3 months. Other wise its to much risky

Thank you, the account is about 2years old.

SaiJin 08-23-2017 05:48 PM

If you must sell these items... go at it one little bit at a time and have those invoices / receipts ready.

Remember, at times it's not about how old the account is, rather the reputation / history.

dallis 08-23-2017 07:30 PM

A 'signed invoice' doesn't any convey resale rights whatsoever or constitute permission to use a brand's name or logo in a subsidiary business.

Or you wouldn't ask.

And a 'signed invoice' won't stop EB from enforcing a VERO claim.

halookick 08-23-2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 867311)
A 'signed invoice' doesn't any convey resale rights whatsoever or constitute permission to use a brand's name or logo in a subsidiary business.

Or you wouldn't ask.

And a 'signed invoice' won't stop EB from enforcing a VERO claim.

Very true but it does verify authenticity of goods.

dallis 08-25-2017 10:30 AM

Maybe, maybe not.

What is to prevent a vendor from mixing ⊗⊗⊗⊗ into the legitimate product mix, which is why you need to be an authorized brand re-seller to prevent the VERO issue.