eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Ebay Clocking on Listing, Firefox and Canvas Defender issue (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/110279-ebay-clocking-listing-firefox-canvas-defender-issue.html)

cpoulos62 09-06-2017 09:54 AM

Ebay Clocking on Listing, Firefox and Canvas Defender issue

Sorry for the long narrative and background. But want to be as informative as possible.

I have multiple eBay accounts on their own unique IP and logging into each from a unique Windows user ID. I am using Windows 7 with the latest Firefox version.

I have been using Canvas Defender on Firefox for a while now and for the past week I have noticed a lot of canvas fingerprinting activity from eBay. This started quite suddenly as I had not seen that before. But yesterday, things got weird.

Every time I try to add a new listing or relist or list a draft, I cannot. All I get after I click on the submit button is the spinning wheel stating "Submitting Listing". It just hangs there. I even had Canvas Defender generate new noise for me in case the other was blocked by eBay and still no luck.

Luckily I have another account that is personal and non-stealth. I was able to list items with no issues on eBay with Firefox. So I installed Canvas Defender and I was able to duplicate my other accounts selling listing issue. All I did was enabling Canvas Defender create a unique noise for me. However, I if I turn CD off, I can list just fine.

So has anyone had this same issue lately (started for me on 9/5/17)? Should we be worried about canvas fingerprinting from eBay? Should I try a different canvas fingerprinting noise generator? Any suggestions?

I hope I was not to lengthy in my details. Your help is appreciated.

cpoulos62 09-06-2017 02:48 PM

Re: Ebay Clocking on Listing, Firefox and Canvas Defender issue

The good folks at Canvas Defender stated that v1.1 has this issue and ill be resolved in the next release. Suggested in downgrade to v1.0.9.

SaiJin 09-06-2017 10:43 PM

Re: Ebay Clocking on Listing, Firefox and Canvas Defender issue

Have you had the chance to read the stealth guide yet btw?

If not, I highly recommend it for a solid basis of operations.