eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   MC011 Restriction.. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/110636-mc011-restriction.html)

tim348 09-19-2017 09:26 AM

MC011 Restriction..

So i got an MC011 restriction, they want ID, and 2 Invoices.

I asked specifically what the reason was they said some of the contact or registration info changed.

The paypal was limited and I changed the name/address on the Ebay account, and attached a new paypal as the paypal was limited.
(really starting to think i should not have changed the name/address at all, probably wouldve been fine)

When I called the lady mentioned the original name that was under the ebay account.

Now obviously my new name for that account does not match.

Its also odd because this account after the 1st paypal limitation has been going strong for almost 3 yrs since then!

If the names are mismatched I dont see why they havent just shut down the account completely? They want ID and proof of invoices... why would they even ask me for this instead of shutting the account down?

It makes me wonder .. i think it was probably a better idea to leave the original name on the account and not change it to match the new Paypal account. I know they say it will get linked and shut down but if ebay does any type of research into the account they will see the names dont match etc.

Im going to give it a shot anyways and provide the docs they want.. well see what happens.

phaz0rz 09-19-2017 10:24 AM

Re: MC011 Restriction..

Good luck.

I'm guessing they asked for documents instead of shutting you down completely because there are legitimate reasons for an account's contact details (even the receiving PP account) to change. Like if someone sells their eBay business and the buyer wants to use their own EIN.

They probably want docs to prove you haven't stolen someone's account. Thiefs like to use stolen eBay accounts to sell stolen stuff.

I'm at a loss for why this has been working for you for 3yrs and they're just now restricting your account. Either you did something to trigger a review of your account, or eBay's systems are getting smarter and they picked up on something they would have missed before.

bjammin 09-19-2017 12:29 PM

It use to not be an issue to change the name on an ebay account. But perhaps with the new paypal account being added they may have felt something fishy was going on. I am sure they also know the previous paypal account was limited. Good Luck!

tim348 09-19-2017 03:12 PM

yea .. i thought it wouldve been shut down way earlier.

But my thoughts are if its still able to sell after a paypal limitation and attaching a new paypal, then why the hell not.

Ive attached about 2-3 new paypals to this account over 3 yrs.

Ebay did mention the old name of the original, so they are probably wondering why i changed the account name.. as its a new name/address now.

I dont think there is any real explanation as to why its a completely different name/address.
Im probably screwed... on the other hand Ive made a pretty damn good amount of $ on this account. so was it worth it going through the trouble of attachng a new paypal 2-3x? yes... for me it definitely was.

i have passed their verification with docs/id before but I dont think this one is going to work.

i also had a massive spike in sales the past 2 months thats probably what triggered it. Paypal first asked me for documents a month or 2 ago. not any ID just invoices and proof of address. after that they didnt mess with my account.
Now its EBAY requestinng ID , credit card statement and invoices.

tim348 09-20-2017 09:48 AM

This is what they sent me below. It appears as if they want to talk to me on the phone or have me submit docs.

They specifically mentioned the other name I had on the ebay account originally. What valid explanation could I possibly give them as to why the name/address has changed? I could try to say it was a relatives account that i took over but they will probably keep it permanently limited either way even if i submit docs.

Gona give them a ring to see what they have to say.. i always get different answers each time i talk to somebody whenever theres any issue.

-

We attempted to contact you using the phone number registered to your account ##MEMBER_PHONE_NUMBER##, but were unable to reach you. To help keep eBay safe, we have placed a temporary selling restriction on your account until you can provide us with some additional verification. We would like to arrange a call to discuss activity on your eBay and PayPal accounts.

Our Customer Service agents are available Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm Pacific Time. Please respond to this email within 72 hours letting us know when you're available for us to call you. If there is a different phone number you'd like us to call, please also include that number in your email.

If you are unavailable by phone, we can still review your account by having you fax in some documents for verification. If you choose to do this, please submit all of the following information by fax (fax number below):

-- A readable copy of the driver's license, front *and* back, or other government-issued ID.

-- A copy of a recent credit card statement. Your billing address should be visible, along with the first and last 4 digits of your credit card number. Please black out all other personal information.

-- Documents that prove that you purchased the item(s) recently listed for sale on eBay. This can include manufacturer invoices or receipts. Photos of the items don't fulfill this requirement.

***Important***

-- Make sure that your name and username appears on each document that you submit.

-- After you send this information to us, please reply to this message with a brief note letting us know that the information has been sent.

Fax all documents to: