eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Hit eBay limits, already have business paypal, upgrade to business account? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/110678-hit-ebay-limits-already-have-business-paypal-upgrade-business-account.html)

ddalia 09-19-2017 11:38 PM

Hit eBay limits, already have business paypal, upgrade to business account?

So I hit my eBay limits. Yes I know most people will say I should get another account, don't put all my eggs in one basket. I get it, but I'm new to this whole thing and don't really want to open a new account if not necessary at this time. I've been stealth since Dec. I've already set up a business and upgraded my PayPal to a business account. eBay gives me the option to request to list more by 1. Calling or 2. Upgrading my EBAY to a business account.

I clicked upgrade to a business account, the first page asks for address, business name, phone number. I didn't click through any further. Has anyone done this before?

I guess I'm confused since I upgraded my PayPal already. Does eBay want the address and info to match my stealth paypal/eBay? Or should it match the info I registered with the state when I filed for an LLC? Or is this a BAD idea??? Will ebay raise my limits next month since I already hit them?

My account is aged with over 500 feedback. Any info is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dallis 09-22-2017 06:10 PM

Re: Hit eBay limits, already have business paypal, upgrade to business account?

I've never heard of getting an increase by upgrading to a business account...

I think I'd open a new account as a fallback AND call in to try and get your limits raised. They usually throw you some sort of a bone is what I hear.

ShowMeDude 09-24-2017 12:20 AM

1 raise per 30 days, if you haven't called for an increase yet, go for it, if you have had an increase within the last selling cycle then you have to wait.

WEI 09-24-2017 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddalia (Post 872602)
eBay gives me the option to request to list more by 1. Calling or 2. Upgrading my EBAY to a business account.

this is new to me. Never heard of this for increasing selling limit. Anyways, i'd suggest you call eBay to request of an increase of selling limit. You'll be ask for some additional info, docs tho.

ddalia 09-24-2017 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 873248)
I've never heard of getting an increase by upgrading to a business account...

I think I'd open a new account as a fallback AND call in to try and get your limits raised. They usually throw you some sort of a bone is what I hear.

This is a stealth account. Everywhere I have read says NOT to call. Plus my account is male and I am female, don't have a clean phone to use. Not sure that would end well.

ddalia 09-24-2017 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowMeDude (Post 873509)
1 raise per 30 days, if you haven't called for an increase yet, go for it, if you have had an increase within the last selling cycle then you have to wait.

I've never actually hit my limits or called to try to increase. Since I'm maxed out will the system auto up my limits next month? I have a stealth account, don't think I should be calling...

ddalia 09-24-2017 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WEI (Post 873553)
this is new to me. Never heard of this for increasing selling limit. Anyways, i'd suggest you call eBay to request of an increase of selling limit. You'll be ask for some additional info, docs tho.

What type of docs? Again my account is stealth. I don't think it's a good idea to raise attention to my account and other discussions I've read say the same.

rsot 09-24-2017 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddalia (Post 873645)
What type of docs? Again my account is stealth. I don't think it's a good idea to raise attention to my account and other discussions I've read say the same.

So don't push for more limits - build other backup accounts

SaiJin 09-25-2017 12:04 AM

Look, you can't have it both ways. When we say don't put all the eggs in one basket, we mean it.

Some people just want to do it their way until something bad happens then they scramble to survive.

Well, we do have accounts for people like you ready anyways, so do what fancies you.

ShowMeDude 09-25-2017 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddalia (Post 873644)
I've never actually hit my limits or called to try to increase. Since I'm maxed out will the system auto up my limits next month? I have a stealth account, don't think I should be calling...

No, they will not automatically up them. I had to call once a month for 5 months until my limits were enough for me. They doubled me everytime I called no problem. No questions or anything.

As long as you use the phone registered to your account to make the call, they use that as authorization enough, and don't ask you to verify your account any further.

ddalia 09-25-2017 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowMeDude (Post 873663)
No, they will not automatically up them. I had to call once a month for 5 months until my limits were enough for me. They doubled me everytime I called no problem. No questions or anything.

As long as you use the phone registered to your account to make the call, they use that as authorization enough, and don't ask you to verify your account any further.

Well my boyfriend- his account is legit. Has had his limits increased without calling. My phone registered is one of those Google numbers. My actual phone isn't useable anymore... unless I change the number. Plus my ebay is registered as a male and I am female. I'm worried about drawing attention to my account since things have been running smoothly.

I guess was a little confused about how the limits work so I didn't prepare. I'm still learning here. Only reason Im stealth is because my brother who lived with me at the time poorly ran his ebay business and I have had to suffer because of it. I've been meaning to buy at least one more stealth account and I guess now might be time.

dallis 09-25-2017 09:16 PM

Stealth accounts usually get automatic increases, but you have to list to your limits and not have any trouble.

WEI 09-25-2017 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 873831)
Stealth accounts usually get automatic increases, but you have to list to your limits and not have any trouble.

This is true. I'm okay with them automatically increasing my limit from $500.00 to $4,500.00.
So we suggest getting more accounts (if using stealth) for you to be able to get your desired sales.
Actually, this is on a case by case basis, there are some eBay reps that are too lenient not to ask for some additional verifications, etc., but i won't suggest you to try that risk. Get some more stealth accounts running, it's more easier than risking your account that is already been running good.
Keep us posted. Good luck.