eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Ebays latest policy update will charge you FVF if you so much as provide contact info (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/110698-ebays-latest-policy-update-will-charge-you-fvf-if-you-so-much-provide-contact-info.html)

james13v 09-20-2017 01:22 PM

Ebays latest policy update will charge you FVF if you so much as provide contact info

lol is this even legal???

Quote:

In addition, we don't allow our members to use eBay to contact each other to make offers to buy or sell items outside of eBay. Violations of this policy can result in a range of actions, including your messages being blocked, limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account. Sellers are liable for final value fees if they offer or reference their contact information, or ask for a buyer's contact information, in the context of buying or selling outside of eBay, even if the item does not sell.

warriorpluto 09-20-2017 01:54 PM

I think this is a bunch of bs. I was hit for a warning two months ago because I messaged a seller that owned a junkyard and needed some 09 Altima parts. I asked did he have any parts I needed that he didn't have listed and he did and we did the sale. EBay messaged me a week after the transaction and gave me a warning for conducting outside of ebay. Stupid crap. Now we need a system to get over this. I buy car parts all the time and most sellers have stuff that's not listed on eBay.

james13v 09-20-2017 02:36 PM

Re: Ebays latest policy update will charge you FVF if you so much as provide contact

Quote:

Originally Posted by warriorpluto (Post 872756)
I think this is a bunch of bs. I was hit for a warning two months ago because I messaged a seller that owned a junkyard and needed some 09 Altima parts. I asked did he have any parts I needed that he didn't have listed and he did and we did the sale. EBay messaged me a week after the transaction and gave me a warning for conducting outside of ebay. Stupid crap. Now we need a system to get over this. I buy car parts all the time and most sellers have stuff that's not listed on eBay.

You won't get in trouble. The seller will. And not that they have a way to monetize it, they won't even suspend people for it lol. Why bother, when you can just charge them anyways? Just like ebay didn't bother removing sellers that charge $100 shipping on a $1 item, because they can just charge them on the whole amount anyways.

phaz0rz 09-20-2017 04:40 PM

Re: Ebays latest policy update will charge you FVF if you so much as provide contact

I don't see how they can accurately (or lawfully) charge FVF's for transactions completed outside of eBay. Especially ones not involving Paypal..

I reach out to larger customers on an almost daily basis without triggering their message filters. I never give any pricing, quantity discounts, additional stock info, etc, over eBay messages - just a way to reach me directly so we can discuss business in real time.

If my customer orders over the phone and pays by bank transfer - what are they going to do?

I saw the update in my email last night but I didn't get too worried. I think if you can avoid triggering their filters then you'll be fine since eBay won't be notified.

Lots of the transactions completed off of eBay are B2B. If eBay starts trying to charge transaction fees on B2B inventory payments they didn't facilitate, moderate, or have anything to do with, I think they'll run into trouble pretty quickly.

An example.. I have a customer that I send an invoice to at least once weekly for large orders. I met this customer about 3 years ago on eBay. Am I now expected to pay eBay a 10% cut for each of their orders, just because I met this customer on eBay years ago?

warriorpluto 09-20-2017 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 872787)
I don't see how they can accurately (or lawfully) charge FVF's for transactions completed outside of eBay. Especially ones not involving Paypal..

I reach out to larger customers on an almost daily basis without triggering their message filters. I never give any pricing, quantity discounts, additional stock info, etc, over eBay messages - just a way to reach me directly so we can discuss business in real time.

If my customer orders over the phone and pays by bank transfer - what are they going to do?

I saw the update in my email last night but I didn't get too worried. I think if you can avoid triggering their filters then you'll be fine since eBay won't be notified.

Lots of the transactions completed off of eBay are B2B. If eBay starts trying to charge transaction fees on B2B inventory payments they didn't facilitate, moderate, or have anything to do with, I think they'll run into trouble pretty quickly.

An example.. I have a customer that I send an invoice to at least once weekly for large orders. I met this customer about 3 years ago on eBay. Am I now expected to pay eBay a 10% cut for each of their orders, just because I met this customer on eBay years ago?

Can you pm me the way you reach out? So I don't trigger their filters next time

quizmaniac 09-20-2017 05:57 PM

surely to charge fvf they would need proof that the transaction actually took place. you cant take peoples money because of something you suspect might have happened.