eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Vero contact (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/111043-vero-contact.html)

vettefever17 10-02-2017 07:09 PM

Vero contact

I just had a supposed vero agent contact me. I have never had a vero agent contact me through ebay. It has always been through an ebay infraction. Could this be a competitor trying to push me out of the market? I did a search for the enforcement llc and they are connected with the brand, but I find it highly odd they used an ebay username and private message. I have temporarily removed the listing, but I am unsure if this is legit or not.

SaiJin 10-02-2017 07:14 PM

Re: Vero contact

There should be a direct email and other contact info in that message you got so that you can deal directly with them if they are legit.

I don't know what you are selling, but different companies do different things.

vettefever17 10-02-2017 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 875164)
There should be a direct email and other contact info in that message you got so that you can deal directly with them if they are legit.

I don't know what you are selling, but different companies do different things.

No major email left. They wanted contact through that message. Also, I noticed grammatical errors in their "legal" rendering.

rsot 10-02-2017 10:39 PM

Grammatical errors USUALLY means bogus e-mail.

And USUALLY these brand name legal teams will send a letter - registered will hold higher weight...first class mail = garbage.

Info for you to consider.

Still have questions or concerns? Time for legal consultation - beyond scope of this forum.

nickopedia 10-02-2017 10:48 PM

Don't trust messages though eBay messaging from anyone claiming to be someone "official" such as law enforcement or "vero agent".

I once had a supposed "attorney" contact me via eBay messaging claiming the items I had listed were ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I responded right off to contact me via official methods, or take a hike. I never heard from him again.

rsot 10-02-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 875192)
Don't trust messages though eBay messaging from anyone claiming to be someone "official" such as law enforcement or "vero agent".

I once had a supposed "attorney" contact me via eBay messaging claiming the items I had listed were ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I responded right off to contact me via official methods, or take a hike. I never heard from him again.

http://viralgifs.com/wp-content/uplo..._1A.jpg?fb43fe

vettefever17 10-02-2017 11:13 PM

I am 95% sure that it is bogus and a competitor. As I have been selling this item for a very long time. Ebay has always been the one to police Vero. If it is a third party team, then they are highly unprofessional.

nickopedia 10-03-2017 01:35 AM

There are a lot of nutjobs on eBay that will try and strongarm or accuse you of something. As a professional seller that's been doing this a long time, you would know better.

In regard to the "Vero Agent" that contacted you, as they say in New York: Fuggedaboutit!

vettefever17 10-03-2017 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 875204)
There are a lot of nutjobs on eBay that will try and strongarm or accuse you of something. As a professional seller that's been doing this a long time, you would know better.

In regard to the "Vero Agent" that contacted you, as they say in New York: Fuggedaboutit!

Exactly! Had this happen years ago on Amazon.

dallis 10-03-2017 05:40 AM

My gut tells me if they were real and serious, they'd be sending you a certified 'cease and desist' letter via USPS, or some other mechanism that can be proven in court so that they can tell a judge 'we told him to stop and he didn't, now we're damaged to XXX extent'.

If they're truly a VERO member they'd just process a take-down order through EB and wouldn't need to send any notification at all, true? You wouldn't even know who did it, just that your listing was killed. EB doesn't verify the accuracy of claims, they just act.

Bad grammar in a legal doc? It's not unheard of, certainly, but hardly conclusive...

Did they give you contact information? A file number? Anything you can independently confirm? Or was it essentially a nameless, faceless threat?

dhand 10-03-2017 09:19 AM

There are some bully law firms sending out emails trying to scare sellers from from selling their clients products. They can't win in court because of the Constitionality of private ownership. However if they show their clients they got stuff removed they can chalk it up as a win. I had one email me about some vitamins and a friend had the same over some sunglasses.

dhand 10-03-2017 09:21 AM

I emailed them back and told them to go to hell and read the Constitution.. I didn't hear back from them

Kajunrook 10-03-2017 05:14 PM

did it say something like ebayenforcement, that dude is crazy

MM78 10-03-2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kajunrook (Post 875324)
did it say something like ebayenforcement, that dude is crazy

Lots of those around.

nickopedia 10-03-2017 06:05 PM

Then there are what I call the "eBay Police". Basically a "band" of people who are always going around harassing a particular group of sellers listing some particular item(s) that they claim are ⊗⊗⊗⊗, counterfeit, or a "listing violation" has occured, etc. They will threten to report you, or worse yet: "call the police" about my items to "force eBay to remove them". (I'm trembling from fear) :eek:

vettefever17 10-03-2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 875224)
My gut tells me if they were real and serious, they'd be sending you a certified 'cease and desist' letter via USPS, or some other mechanism that can be proven in court so that they can tell a judge 'we told him to stop and he didn't, now we're damaged to XXX extent'.

If they're truly a VERO member they'd just process a take-down order through EB and wouldn't need to send any notification at all, true? You wouldn't even know who did it, just that your listing was killed. EB doesn't verify the accuracy of claims, they just act.

Bad grammar in a legal doc? It's not unheard of, certainly, but hardly conclusive...

Did they give you contact information? A file number? Anything you can independently confirm? Or was it essentially a nameless, faceless threat?

It was just copy pasta I do believe But their legal rendering was flawed quite a bit. They tried to sound far too professional with small verb mistakes.

vettefever17 10-03-2017 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 875330)
Then there are what I call the "eBay Police". Basically a "band" of people who are always going around harassing a particular group of sellers listing some particular item(s) that they claim are ⊗⊗⊗⊗, counterfeit, or a "listing violation" has occured, etc. They will threten to report you, or worse yet: "call the police" about my items to "force eBay to remove them". (I'm trembling from fear) :eek:

I love the "do-gooders". Those women that go around trying to find things that are against TOS supposedly.

vettefever17 10-03-2017 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhand (Post 875253)
I emailed them back and told them to go to hell and read the Constitution.. I didn't hear back from them

Just messaged the person back and pointed out their errors in their document with a nice allow me to contact ebay about this. It should be interesting to hear back a response, if one even comes.

nickopedia 10-03-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vettefever17 (Post 875347)
I love the "do-gooders". Those women that go around trying to find things that are against TOS supposedly.

Do-Gooders is a perfect way to describe those people.
Amazingly, they have WAY too much time on their hands. :typing:

dallis 10-04-2017 09:31 PM

Do-evilers, more like.

bjammin 10-05-2017 11:17 AM

Sounds phake to me.

If they wanted your contact information then they would request it from ebay and ebay would send you a notification telling you that this person requested your info (in this process, ebay also gives you their information).

Then this person either call, emails, or mails you something. Sounds like POS competition to me. They are trying to intimidate you.

Regardless, if they are legit, then they should have formally communicated with you, not by ebay message.

vettefever17 10-06-2017 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjammin (Post 875727)
Sounds phake to me.

If they wanted your contact information then they would request it from ebay and ebay would send you a notification telling you that this person requested your info (in this process, ebay also gives you their information).

Then this person either call, emails, or mails you something. Sounds like POS competition to me. They are trying to intimidate you.

Regardless, if they are legit, then they should have formally communicated with you, not by ebay message.

I have yet to hear a reply back. The item at hand is sold very cheap with obvious imperfections. The nearest competitor is quite a ways off in pricing.