eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Getting tougher? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/111203-getting-tougher.html)

Rhonda 10-09-2017 03:06 AM

Getting tougher?

For those who have been selling on eBay for over 4 yrs, has it been tougher to make sales nowadays? I used to be making 500USD+ Pure profit per month with half of the selling limit I have right now. This year, I'm lucky if I pay over 100USD in eBay bills. It feels like I have been putting more time into work but getting less in return.

nickopedia 10-09-2017 03:56 AM

Re: Getting tougher?

Assuming you are referring to your sales on eBay.

Largely depends on your niche, what you are selling, and your account profile. Some sellers have better Cassini (search) exposure than others using a variety of metrics. Maybe your products or category you are selling in is being flooded by Chinese competition?

There are so many variables.... This is why it takes a bit of work (and RESEARCH) on your part to get the numbers turned back into your favor. Have you tried other Marketplaces?

Rhonda 10-09-2017 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 876412)
Assuming you are referring to your sales on eBay.

Largely depends on your niche, what you are selling, and your account profile. Some sellers have better Cassini (search) exposure than others using a variety of metrics. Maybe your products or category you are selling in is being flooded by Chinese competition?

There are so many variables.... This is why it takes a bit of work (and RESEARCH) on your part to get the numbers turned back into your favor. Have you tried other Marketplaces?

Yeah I'm referring to my sales on eBay. My sales in our marketplace have dropped dramatically as well. I only sell in the niche fashion category and j guess is a bit saturated with Chinese sellers but I can't think of a category on eBay that is not flooded with Chinses sellers. And due to my geographical region, I can only source from China or Hong Kong. I never understand why members here claimed they found a niche. I have been doing research with the ended listing on eBay and the watchers on eBay website as well yielding no niche result.

nickopedia 10-09-2017 04:25 AM

I know how you feel.

Unfortunately both fashion & electronics are two of the most heavily saturated categories on eBay. However, there is a silver lining. There are lots of others that you can still make decent sales. In fact, most of the more senior seller on this forum will confirm this.

Without getting into specifics on what products or categories are "hot" it's going to take some research on your part. Even the most "low tech" way of simply searching for products that have already SOLD in various caregories can tell you a lot. No need to pay for more advanced tools like Terapeak UNLESS you are really turning volume and need more data for research.

You might want to reconsider the same old products/niches you are most comfortable selling and diversify a bit. In fact, it's a good time as any to setup some stealth accounts with those "add ons" and test the waters in a new product space. Yes, it takes time and effort, but in the long run you'll be glad you did.

mcnol012 10-09-2017 07:04 AM

Fashion & electronic are not the most selling categories on ebay IMO

They're good categories though

SaiJin 10-09-2017 09:33 AM

Yes, definitely getting tougher each year on eBay.

I think that if you can be competitive in the price, and make your listing look more professional, it'll draw more buyers. In those categories that have hundreds of pages, do you know how to be on the first page?

Can you offer items that most sellers don't offer?

newjerseymax 10-09-2017 11:18 AM

More and more people are getting into ecommerce. Plus, I noticed in my category people from every country are now selling my products that are made in USA only. There seems to be very little VERO action these days. As much as I hate VERO at times, sometimes its needed.

dealagreeproceed 10-10-2017 01:49 AM

this post happens yearly like clockwork... hang in there...