eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Supplier invoices - what info? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/111231-supplier-invoices-what-info.html)

kirkland 10-10-2017 03:17 AM

Supplier invoices - what info?

I've always understood that it's mostly straightforward to get 'creative' with supplier invoices if need be, but a little more digging into the interwebz has got me second guessing myself.

What info exactly are they looking for? I have seen some posts saying they require the supplier's Tax ID/other business IDs, that they check to make sure the supplier actually exists (can't be fictitious supplier), that they call the supplier to verify your relationship with them, etc. Any of this true?

Also, any differing advice for supplying invoices to eBay vs Paypal?

smoochy 10-12-2017 11:36 AM

Re: Supplier invoices - what info?

They will not call your supplier and you don't need to show their tax ID. All you need is invoices from the company where you purchased the goods. You are even allowed to tell them that you are dropshipping from Amazon and supply them with the Amazon invoices. Paypal and ebay should not be too different.

oompaloompa 10-12-2017 01:56 PM

so get a real invoice then, can be 'amended'

slapped 10-13-2017 10:07 AM

the MAIN reason is to see just how legit your source is. For example If you are selling Sony Playstation 4 with regularity over a period of time, it would indicate that you are dealing with a legit wholesaler as opposed to buying out the inventory of a failed electronic store.

Buying out someones inventory means that you have 5,50, maybe 100 Playstations which is HIGHLY unlikely, but none the less possible, but at some point you are going to run out. So if you send them an invoice from some kind of bankruptcy auction it will state EXACTLY how many you bought.

Now, on the other hand lets say you send them an invoice from some kind of distributor for those Playstations, then they should find that distributors name on Sonys Approved Distributors list, which Sony (and ALL other companies) GLADLY provide Enay/Amazon with, if they do they will most likely let you rock that account, if not,,,POOF,,,Suspension,,,Not to mention that you or the distributor might have issues with Sony. Most companied do NOT want their distributors selling to Ebayers because of MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) that's why Playstations are the same price anywhere that you shop for them

Its really that simple,,,I have written MANY Extensive posts in regards to supply chains use the forums search function to look then up

toml3030 10-13-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirkland (Post 876625)
I've always understood that it's mostly straightforward to get 'creative' with supplier invoices if need be,

Too add to the other replies, it also matters what brands you are selling. Some brands have no grey markets where you could legally source legit items long term because the brand itself does the distribution. For example if you claim to have bought certain luxury brand items from a wholesaler and send in invoices, that will pretty much automatically get you banned, because there is no such thing a wholesaler for that brand.

slapped 10-13-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toml3030 (Post 877473)
Too add to the other replies, it also matters what brands you are selling. Some brands have no grey markets where you could legally source legit items long term because the brand itself does the distribution. For example if you claim to have bought certain luxury brand items from a wholesaler and send in invoices, that will pretty much automatically get you banned, because there is no such thing a wholesaler for that brand.

100% Correct,,,These are usually items that counterfeiters target, because of the ultra high profit margins,,,,,

The contraverse can also be true, where certain brands are widely distributed and sold to anyone with the money, those however are the brands that you cannot make any money with because someone can almost always sell it for less than you are buying the item for.

GreenBean 10-13-2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoochy (Post 877166)
They will not call your supplier and you don't need to show their tax ID. All you need is invoices from the company where you purchased the goods. You are even allowed to tell them that you are dropshipping from Amazon and supply them with the Amazon invoices. Paypal and ebay should not be too different.

Inaccurate, sorry.

Depending on circumstances, both eBay and PayPal can call suppliers.

I can attest to calls being made by both eBay/PayPal.

You would never tell these companies more than they need to know either.

:mod:

dallis 10-13-2017 07:09 PM

They ask for invoices tens of thousands of times a day, I can't imagine they call even a tiny fraction of suppliers.

Additionally, as a long term previous supplier/distributor of products, I wouldn't even consider talking to somebody calling to ask about one of my customers.

At the minimum there are privacy issues involved, to talk with anyone about somebody else's business would be extremely stupid on my part.

iphone_seller 10-16-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 877571)
They ask for invoices tens of thousands of times a day, I can't imagine they call even a tiny fraction of suppliers.

Additionally, as a long term previous supplier/distributor of products, I wouldn't even consider talking to somebody calling to ask about one of my customers.

At the minimum there are privacy issues involved, to talk with anyone about somebody else's business would be extremely stupid on my part.

Would doubt its tens of thousands of times a day but equally cannot see them ringing suppliers.

Even if they did ask I would be stunned if a supplier actually gives any info to PayPal tbh, with privacy and data protection laws being what they are (in the UK at least). Like I cannot see PayPal ringing them, asking hey did you do business with xxx customer, and the supplier saying oh yeah we supply xxx all the time with xxx in xxx quantities etc. They would likely (hopefully) tell PayPal to do one.

nickopedia 10-16-2017 02:50 PM

"Good day, this is Donald Duck from eBay.... I'm calling to find out if Micky Mouse purchased a widget from you back on June 15th?"

It would be interesting to how most suppliers would respond to a call like that??

I have never heard of a case of EB calling a supplier to verify you bought from them. Doing so opens a can of worms and privacy implications. EB/PP are not the police, nor have a court order/warrant/subpoena which is typically needed to divulge sales info from a third party.

slapped 10-17-2017 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iphone_seller (Post 878130)
Would doubt its tens of thousands of times a day but equally cannot see them ringing suppliers.

Even if they did ask I would be stunned if a supplier actually gives any info to PayPal tbh, with privacy and data protection laws being what they are (in the UK at least). Like I cannot see PayPal ringing them, asking hey did you do business with xxx customer, and the supplier saying oh yeah we supply xxx all the time with xxx in xxx quantities etc. They would likely (hopefully) tell PayPal to do one.

That's just simply BAD ADVICE.......

Now Judging from your user name, I am assuming that you sell sell Apple Iphones,,,Now if the UK is anything like the USA, and Im pretty sure that it is, did you Know that there is most likely 1 authorized Apple wholesaler, Apple Products are VERY tightly controlled as to how they are distributed.

So Honestly Ebay, Paypal or whoever does NOT need to call anyone if your invoice is not from that Distributor they will know something is up.

Also Apple does NOT want their products sold on Ebay that's why Ebay always zaps those accounts, Cell phone companies only Marginally get away with it only because they are primarily selling phone service.

The VAST majority of VERO products are distributed and sold in this manner. I have written EXTENSIVE posts on supply chains for this forum, you might want to read them

mamzer 10-29-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirkland (Post 876625)
I've always understood that it's mostly straightforward to get 'creative' with supplier invoices if need be, but a little more digging into the interwebz has got me second guessing myself.

What info exactly are they looking for? I have seen some posts saying they require the supplier's Tax ID/other business IDs, that they check to make sure the supplier actually exists (can't be fictitious supplier), that they call the supplier to verify your relationship with them, etc. Any of this true?

Also, any differing advice for supplying invoices to eBay vs Paypal?

paypal asks me to provide supplier invoices which i dont have, any expirience with that?

mamzer 10-29-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinsoldier (Post 1044920)
Do you REALLY expect them to reply after 2 years have passed and its a year since they last posted. :confused:

There are some forums who send an email notification when someone responds on their post.