eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Linking new paypal to ebay stealth.... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/111271-linking-new-paypal-ebay-stealth.html)

WelcomeToThePartyPal 10-10-2017 09:04 PM

Linking new paypal to ebay stealth....

I'm just wondering if I'm playing with fire here. I LLC'd my business and created a paypal account with bank account in the company's name. Will I be taking a risk if I link it to a eBay stealth account? The current paypal account for the eBay stealth is in my father's name (who has a different last name). In the new paypal account, while it's all in my company name, I believe they did ask for my name when signing up. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

smoochy 10-11-2017 08:47 AM

Re: Linking new paypal to ebay stealth....

As long as your father's Paypal account is in good standing there shouldn't be any problems to switch to a new Paypal account. The only problem is if the old Paypal ever gets problems they may restrict your company Paypal as well until you solve those problems. But if you won't use the old Paypal anymore it will be completely fine.

WelcomeToThePartyPal 10-11-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoochy (Post 876895)
As long as your father's Paypal account is in good standing there shouldn't be any problems to switch to a new Paypal account. The only problem is if the old Paypal ever gets problems they may restrict your company Paypal as well until you solve those problems. But if you won't use the old Paypal anymore it will be completely fine.

So eBay won't know it's me? Even though my name and address is linked to an eBay account that was suspended in 2012? Although the paypal account is in a company name, paypal has my actual name in the account settings.

ilcarletto 10-11-2017 09:42 AM

I would wait also for experienced members to chime in and I would collect more opinions on the specific issue.

WelcomeToThePartyPal 10-11-2017 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilcarletto (Post 876905)
I would wait also for experienced members to chime in and I would collect more opinions on the specific issue.

Absolutely! Thanks.

bjammin 10-11-2017 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelcomeToThePartyPal (Post 876792)
I'm just wondering if I'm playing with fire here. I LLC'd my business and created a paypal account with bank account in the company's name. Will I be taking a risk if I link it to a eBay stealth account? The current paypal account for the eBay stealth is in my father's name (who has a different last name). In the new paypal account, while it's all in my company name, I believe they did ask for my name when signing up. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

So you have a legit business paypal and a stealth ebay account. Has the business paypal been associated with another ebay account previously? Has the stealth ebay account been associated with another paypal account previously?

If yes, to either of those 2 questions, then what happened to the previously accounts that were associated?

If these are both unassociated with other accounts then you may want to consider changing the ebay to a business ebay. That way you could make the ebay and paypal match. But this is also not necessary if you dont want to do it. I mention this because by doing this, you would be making the ebay into a legit ebay as well. This would make it very easy to verify information when needed.

It is frowned upon to use others information, but imo, if you have your fathers permission and he is aware of it then it is no different than it being his account and you being an authorized user on his account. Just be careful not to do anything that would fall back on him.

WelcomeToThePartyPal 10-11-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjammin (Post 876927)
So you have a legit business paypal and a stealth ebay account. Has the business paypal been associated with another ebay account previously? Has the stealth ebay account been associated with another paypal account previously?

If yes, to either of those 2 questions, then what happened to the previously accounts that were associated?

If these are both unassociated with other accounts then you may want to consider changing the ebay to a business ebay. That way you could make the ebay and paypal match. But this is also not necessary if you dont want to do it. I mention this because by doing this, you would be making the ebay into a legit ebay as well. This would make it very easy to verify information when needed.

It is frowned upon to use others information, but imo, if you have your fathers permission and he is aware of it then it is no different than it being his account and you being an authorized user on his account. Just be careful not to do anything that would fall back on him.

Thanks for your time. The stealth eBay and paypal account in father's name were only used for each other for almost 5 years now. I would deposit paypal funds into his account and he would write me a check 4 or 5 times a year. I wanted to eliminate that process and get my own business bank account, so I did. So the brand new paypal account has not been linked to any eBay account at all. It was used on the same IP address as the paypal account in my dad's name. I made a friends & family transfer from his account to brand new business account for an amount exceeding $3000. So those paypal accounts are likely linked. But what about if I use the new business account with eBay account? That way I can just no longer use dad's paypal account?

bjammin 10-11-2017 11:41 AM

As long as the previously paypal that was attached to the stealth ebay was not limited or suspended then I do not see an issue, especially since those 2 paypals are already suspected to be linked. A link does not cause suspension or limitation unless something they are linked too has been limited or suspended. Unless I am missing something, I think you are good 2 go.

WelcomeToThePartyPal 10-11-2017 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjammin (Post 876947)
As long as the previously paypal that was attached to the stealth ebay was not limited or suspended then I do not see an issue, especially since those 2 paypals are already suspected to be linked. A link does not cause suspension or limitation unless something they are linked too has been limited or suspended. Unless I am missing something, I think you are good 2 go.

Thank you. I'd like a couple more people to verify before I go ahead and make the change.

rsot 10-11-2017 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelcomeToThePartyPal (Post 876980)
Thank you. I'd like a couple more people to verify before I go ahead and make the change.

Hah that made me laugh :) needs more posts...good one :thumb:

WelcomeToThePartyPal 10-11-2017 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 876985)
Hah that made me laugh :) needs more posts...good one :thumb:

Well thank you :)

WelcomeToThePartyPal 10-12-2017 10:48 AM

Bumping post