eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   wired download from ebay help advise? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/111752-wired-download-ebay-help-advise.html)

bonedaddy101 10-28-2017 09:56 AM

wired download from ebay help advise?

so been running my stealth account for years now, so today i was on the ebay site and i went to my messages i had a new message from ebay saying i can now list more i then when back to my ebay page and then in my download page it came up with a zipped filed called EBAYISAP(4).92

I haven't opened it and it just automatically downloaded it never asked me.

I have done a quick google and found pepole saying its a way for ebay to track you and find ip etc.

anyone every had this or no what this is?

SaiJin 10-29-2017 12:47 AM

Re: wired download from ebay help advise?

Wait, when you go to the eBay official page it auto download it to your PC? (I hope you deleted it)

HOnestly that doesn't sound right... whenever something like that happens it's usually due to a virus / malware that doesn't even belong to eBay.

But if eBay is starting to do this, that's really shoddy.

nickopedia 10-29-2017 03:41 AM

Sounds like you might be on a spoof site, or you are being redirected (hijacked browser).

Officially eBay should never have you download ANYTHING like that...

Play 10-29-2017 10:12 AM

a - Did your selling allowances actually increase?

b - Did you get a copy of that message in your email?

If No, then this sounds a bit off. A website wouldn't make you download anything, and you most certainly shouldn't just open anything that automatically gets downloaded.

I'd restore my PC back to factory settings, then change all login passwords.

dallis 10-29-2017 09:36 PM

Sounds like you've been spoofed.

Downloaded files are problematic, it may have already infected you. Better delete it without opening and run malware and anitvirus scans out the wazoo.

Salvo 10-30-2017 10:16 AM

It could be a website error too. The dll file for running My Ebay is being offered as a download instead. Try restarting your computer and see if it still happens.

phaz0rz 10-30-2017 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvo (Post 880764)
It could be a website error too. The dll file for running My Ebay is being offered as a download instead. Try restarting your computer and see if it still happens.

This ^^ was my first thought.

I've never had any files from eBay download automatically but I am frequently prompted to download an eBay DLL file whenever a page fails to load. Never a zip file though. Always some kind of ISAPI DLL file for me.

Apparently it's common to see these in compressed (.gz) formats also. Here's a guy on eBay M2M support who saw the same thing: (eBay link)
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member...qaq-p/25153466

It's nothing to worry about. Personally I always open the files trying to find juicy eBay server-side coding but I've never found anything.