eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   SSN and Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/111755-ssn-address.html)

bobbydd21 10-28-2017 11:21 AM

SSN and Address

A family member (who is older and at no point will ever want an eBay account) said I could use his name and address to start a new account. I would prefer not to use his SSN. The SSN on my account that got suspended was my dads (the account was technically in his name and address, but my address was also on it). My question is, will there be an issue if I register for PayPal using my family members name and address but my SSN? We actually have the same first and last name, but I'm not sure how in depth PayPal is as far as making sure all the info matches.

MM78 10-28-2017 12:18 PM

Re: SSN and Address

Wtf, you can't mix and match Names and SSN's! If this family member is going to let you use their info, and you plan to go over $20K in a year, your best off getting an LLC or similar.

bobbydd21 10-28-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 880481)
Wtf, you can't mix and match Names and SSN's! If this family member is going to let you use their info, and you plan to go over $20K in a year, your best off getting an LLC or similar.

This is why I asked...
Anyways, I don’t plan on going over 20k a year. Is a SSN even necessary then? I wasn’t sure if a SSN was needed regardless. If I don’t want to provide a SSN and I won’t be going over 20k a year which type of PayPal account is recommended?

Speeder33 10-28-2017 01:02 PM

This smells fishy through and through. Don't mess with your family member's names let alone their SSNs.

Just read the guide and do it the correct way

MM78 10-28-2017 01:07 PM

@Speeder, lets be honest....people are going to do what they want to do no matter how many times we tell them NOT too. It's a waste of our time really.

bobbydd21 10-28-2017 01:21 PM

Jesus I was just asking what to do. Where does it say in the guide not to mix and match names and SSNs? This is why I was asking...

bobbydd21 10-28-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speeder33 (Post 880485)
This smells fishy through and through. Don't mess with your family member's names let alone their SSNs.

Just read the guide and do it the correct way

It's mentioned right in the guide that one of the easiest ways to make a new account is use a family member or friends address name (with permission of course). As you said, I don't want to mess with family member's SSNs, which is why I'm asking if an SSN is needed if you're not going to be making more than 20k a year.

iceman58796 10-28-2017 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 880487)
@Speeder, lets be honest....people are going to do what they want to do no matter how many times we tell them NOT too. It's a waste of our time really.

Is there not a suggestion in the guide that using a family members name is one of the easiest ways to create an account?

MM78 10-28-2017 04:58 PM

So let me explain to everyone how life works because it seems like it's a difficult thing to understand....and this applies to the guide(s) as well.

1. In Life, things change......hardly anything stays the same, the SAME goes for the guides written. If the rules of stealth remained the same, what purpose would this forum serve?
So that being said, stealth rules, applications, even the way we make stealths can change day to day.

2. Why doesn't the guide cover "mix and match names and SSNs?"? because that's just plain retarted, would you mix and match your Name with someone else's SSN on a Credit Card Application? or any document that ask's for those specific things? NO! So why on God's Earth would one assume it's ok to do it with PayPal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman58796 (Post 880509)
Is there not a suggestion in the guide that using a family members name is one of the easiest ways to create an account?

Look at response #1.

rsot 10-28-2017 07:14 PM

Welcome to the forums - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

Flip 10-28-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

which is why I'm asking if an SSN is needed if you're not going to be making more than 20k a year.
No a SSN won't be required if the account receives below $20k/year and stays under Paypal's radar. If you do anything that draws attention to the account (such as large withdrawals or a sudden spike in sales) then paypal may limit your account and demand your SSN and photo ID/passport.

If you're unlucky and they do ask for the SSN, then you can burn the stealth account and start anew. A <$20k stealth account is easily replaced, SSNs are not.

bobbydd21 10-28-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flip (Post 880532)
No a SSN won't be required if the account receives below $20k/year and stays under Paypal's radar. If you do anything that draws attention to the account (such as large withdrawals or a sudden spike in sales) then paypal may limit your account and demand your SSN and photo ID/passport.

If you're unlucky and they do ask for the SSN, then you can burn the stealth account and start anew. A <$20k stealth account is easily replaced, SSNs are not.

Thank you for an informative and professional response. Don’t see the point of being rude to new comers...

Speeder33 10-28-2017 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flip (Post 880532)
A <$20k stealth account is easily replaced, SSNs are not.

This is great advice and I hope the OP takes it into account. SSNs (and to a lesser extent bank accounts) should be treated like gold. Once they are used, there is nothing you can do.

While you're family may be fine with it now, they may feel differently one day if they decide to sell on ebay and are unable to list even a single item. Or if something goes wrong on the account, your family member will be liable.

SaiJin 10-29-2017 12:41 AM

To all of you, relax on replying, we are here to help and support people. He's new and unfamiliar.

SaiJin 10-29-2017 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbydd21 (Post 880539)
Thank you for an informative and professional response. Don’t see the point of being rude to new comers...

There's quite some moving parts to having a good stealth account. If you already have the stealth guide, use the code in the forum and you'll get a free subscription for 6 mo.

This way we know that you have it also and you are already starting to get used to the basics.

It does say that you cannot mix and match and why would you want to?

About the family who said they'll never use eBay, a lot of times what's valuable is the SSN. Are you comfortable to have someone else's SSN and not mess up their life in the end?

So think about that.

My suggestion is to make some accounts or buy some from our market place and you can use them and be a master first if you still want to use those people's SSN.

dallis 10-29-2017 09:33 PM

Overall a bad idea to use someone else's SSN, name, address, etc.

Just use made up info from scratch.

They're reacting badly because this is like the 3rd most common question on the forum, search will probably bring up around 20,000 answers, and the general advice is almost always don't a real person's info, and nobody listens to good advice.

As far as the 20K limit, they will usually request SSN etc long before you do 20K.