eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   New PayPal requesting 2 deposits? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/111800-new-paypal-requesting-2-deposits.html)

MxTx 10-30-2017 01:13 PM

New PayPal requesting 2 deposits?

When I go to link my new bank account to my stealth PayPal. It requires the bank account number and routing like normal but then they say they are going to send 2 small deposits and then 1 withdrawal. If they withdraw from my bank account, won't that show my name and get me banned immediately?

slokor 10-30-2017 01:19 PM

Re: New PayPal requesting 2 deposits?

When doing the verification via the 2 deposit method then yes they do have the possibility of seeing the name of the account holder - but from all indications it does not lead to a limitation because in order to get that done they'll nee to do a manual review of every account that adds a bank account that way. They do not. At least not at this point.
I myself prefer not to risk it and always use the instant verification method myself though - I figure better safe than sorry.

MxTx 10-30-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 880825)
When doing the verification via the 2 deposit method then yes they do have the possibility of seeing the name of the account holder - but from all indications it does not lead to a limitation because in order to get that done they'll nee to do a manual review of every account that adds a bank account that way. They do not. At least not at this point.
I myself prefer not to risk it and always use the instant verification method myself though - I figure better safe than sorry.

Okay, well I just tried to do the instant verification and it keeps timing out over and over. I've reset everything and tried again with the same issue. So you don't think that I would be linked either way?

PS: Also for linking a credit card, I have a 2 debit cards issued by the bank for the bank account I'm trying to link. The address on the cards match the bank account registered address and match the PayPal address, can I just use those instead of a VCC or giftcard since the AVS is just checking the Zip and Street address? Or does it check for names on the bank account/card?

slokor 10-30-2017 02:38 PM

You should be able to use those cards as long as it will pass AVS - and if the address is a match it should.
What bank are you using?

MxTx 10-30-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 880840)
You should be able to use those cards as long as it will pass AVS - and if the address is a match it should.
What bank are you using?

Bank of America

slokor 10-30-2017 02:55 PM

Dont know why youd have n issue with instant verification then...
Guess youll have to go with the deposit method then.

SaiJin 10-30-2017 03:00 PM

OP, you shouldn't worry about this and just do it. We all do.

Good job on being cautious though!

MxTx 10-30-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 880846)
OP, you shouldn't worry about this and just do it. We all do.

Good job on being cautious though!

Thank you, I ended up going the 2 deposit way since the instant kept timing out and not working (PayPal error message).

But what about my credit cards issues by the bank, will they work if they are in suspended names but have same address/zip as the bank account?

MxTx 10-30-2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 880844)
Dont know why youd have n issue with instant verification then...
Guess youll have to go with the deposit method then.

Yeah, I ended up doing the deposit one because I waited about 1hr before trying again and it kept timing out. I have fast internet and everything was matching and it just said like try again later blah blah blah, but using the debit cards from the new bank account in suspended names but match address/zip?

SaiJin 10-30-2017 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MxTx (Post 880850)
Thank you, I ended up going the 2 deposit way since the instant kept timing out and not working (PayPal error message).

But what about my credit cards issues by the bank, will they work if they are in suspended names but have same address/zip as the bank account?

Noooo.... change all the info. You don't need to use the cards issued by the bank, you can simply use a debit card / Gift card instead. This way you can change the zip code so it reflects the info in your PP.

MxTx 10-30-2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 880853)
Noooo.... change all the info. You don't need to use the cards issued by the bank, you can simply use a debit card / Gift card instead. This way you can change the zip code so it reflects the info in your PP.

Sorry I'm confused now. I know I don't "Need" to use the cards the bank provides me but can I if the cards are in suspended names but the street address/zip match on eBay/PayPal/Bank?

SaiJin 10-30-2017 03:47 PM

So the 2 steps are link a Bank account and Link a Card right?
For the card, there should be a list of cards you can use in the stealth guide.

IE: Vanilla visa gift cards is a popular choice. So you can just go to walgreens, put $20 into the card and set the address and zip code to the card and use it to verify your PP account.

MxTx 10-30-2017 03:51 PM

Thank you for the info but I've already read that on the guide. I was wondering if I can take another route and use the card issued by the bank? The PayPal/eBay account have the same address/zip as the bank account does but the names on the cards are suspended names. From my understanding is that the AVS System doesn't check for names but just the street address/zip? So again, can I use the cards issued by the bank with previously suspended names but the cards issued by the bank all match the same address on eBay/PayPal?

SaiJin 10-30-2017 06:46 PM

Trying not putting the names that are suspended to verify it with paypal. THey normally just check address and zip code.

rsot 10-30-2017 07:12 PM

That 1 time removal of the microdeposits from your bank by Paypal OP ....yes it can show the name of the account holder but very unlikely to cause problems.

MxTx 10-30-2017 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 880888)
That 1 time removal of the microdeposits from your bank by Paypal OP ....yes it can show the name of the account holder but very unlikely to cause problems.

Okay, thank you! Also what about bank issued debit card? My partner and I have 2 issued cards from the bank linking to that bank account I'm going to use for my stealth. If our eBay/PayPal/Bank all have the same address and zip can I just use our debit cards on the stealth PayPal, the debit cards have our business name as well as our names on it (our names are suspended but the address isn't)?

MxTx 10-30-2017 11:04 PM

Any idea about the debit card question?

slokor 10-31-2017 12:00 AM

Yes you can.
The point people are trying to make is - do not use an address that has previously been used on a suspended/limited account.
If you have a new address for the ebay/paypal and the credit/debit cards you got have that same new address set as the billing address - youre good to go and they'll pass AVS and be added without any issues.
Ebay/Paypal CANNOT see the name of the bank account holder or the credit/debit card holders
Hope that clarifies it.

MxTx 10-31-2017 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 880927)
Yes you can.
The point people are trying to make is - do not use an address that has previously been used on a suspended/limited account.
If you have a new address for the ebay/paypal and the credit/debit cards you got have that same new address set as the billing address - youre good to go and they'll pass AVS and be added without any issues.
Ebay/Paypal CANNOT see the name of the bank account holder or the credit/debit card holders
Hope that clarifies it.

Thank you very much!